Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Oscar bait wins Oscar awards. News at 11. Meanwhile I've been too busy watching actually entertaining movies (like Logan and Deadpool) to care.
    If you think Logan or Deadpool deserves Oscars, then it's fairly obvious the Oscars are nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    If you think Logan or Deadpool deserves Oscars, then it's fairly obvious the Oscars are nothing for you.
    I do think Deadpool could have been nominated for adapted screenplay over maybe Lion or Hidden Figures, personally.

Looking up the Writer's Guild nominations and winners, I find it interesting how different they are from the Oscars, considering it is probably a lot of the same people that nominate both of them. Deadpool is nominated for best adapted, Moonlight is nominated for best original and not adapted, etc.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-03-01 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I tend to agree with this one. the Oscars is about giving credit to their peers. That said, it has also become an arena where civil rights as a theme has become way too important. Another flaw is that they sometimes give credit due to past performances, such as actors that have had a strong career receiving one for the wrong movie/rather then people with stronger performances that year.

Out of curiosity I checked the winnners of best movie for the last 15 years, and had seen like 3 of them, mostly because I don't find them interesting/relevant to me.
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2017-03-01 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    I tend to agree with this one. the Oscars is about giving credit to their peers. That said, it has also become an arena where civil rights as a theme has become way too important. Another flaw is that they sometimes give credit due to past performances, such as actors that have had a strong career receiving one for the wrong movie/rather then people with stronger performances that year.

Out of curiosity I checked the winnners of best movie for the last 15 years, and had seen like 3 of them, mostly because I don't find them interesting/relevant.
    If there's one thing they usually are, it's relevant. Looking at the list myself, there's quite a few I haven't seen, but the ones I have are for the most part really great films (with The Return of the King being the best film of all time in my opinion).

I still can't understand why La La Land is so overrated but k

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    (with The Return of the King being the best film of all time in my opinion).
    I don't even consider it the best of the trilogy.