Oneth's Intuition Stellar Flare

Hello! I recently received Oneth's Intuition. Some places like Icy Veins say to take Stellar Flare if you have acquired it, but Gebuz's guide doesn't recommend to. I'm asking here what you guys take, Incarn or Stellar Flare with Oneth's. Thanks!

Be interesting to see why they would recommend that. That item makes me think you want to be hammering star surge or starfall as often as possible to get procs. I am not sure what spending AP on stellar flare gains you with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea is the free starfalls from ss gains more benefit cause they buff stellar flare. But in all honesty the game play of flare is more difficult and doesn't net a significant dps increase to be worthwhile. In some cases, handled poorly it is indeed a dps loss. As such I don't bother using stellar flare. Even with OI.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Be interesting to see why they would recommend that. That item makes me think you want to be hammering star surge or starfall as often as possible to get procs. I am not sure what spending AP on stellar flare gains you with that.
    Stellar Empowerment from Starfall also buffed the DoT damage of Stellar Flare. So it made the free starfalls from Oneth procs more valueable. For ST fights I believe stellar flare simmed better than INC if you had oneth's. But that's also partially based on RNG for starfall procs to keep the empowerment buff up. My guess is it would be very attractive in a 2 target situation where you can starfall both adds at the same time. at 3 targets it probably becomes too much micromanagement to get good use out of it. However there really haven't been any fights that would cater to this playstayle.

I'd say you could safely run stellar flare on purely single target fights assuming you don't have ED. Otherwise stick to INC or SotF.

I have Oneths and saw no significant benefit to SF. After all the time spent making WA and practicing, just no. One of those things that sounds good on paper but in actual practice, not worth. Icyveins is not the Bible. It can say one thing but you see all the top parsers doing completely another. But in about 8 months they'll toss in the meme druid spec, 7 months after it's no longer viable.
    Still, I relish the idea of being more like an affliction lock. But SF would need to be more powerful, else it's like a Cata lock i.e. more buttons and APM with no gain.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2017-02-09 at 10:21 AM.