BoS Stats question

Right now I'm at about:

28% crit
    22% haste
    26% Mastery
    2% versa

Should I try to stack more mastery for Breath build?

10+ Year Old Account
    Download Simcraft and see what stats you need. Frost is very weird statwise. Nobody can tell you what you need, and running a Sim only takes a few seconds
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

I do have simCraft, which is why I was asking. I feel like mastery would benefit BoS more than more haste. I'm not on my computer with my simcraft but the stat weights were something like: Str > haste = vers > Mast > crit.

I feel like mastery should sim higher than it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about the spec is that it's really weird with stats. Mastery might be good for you. The other day, Crit/Vers/Haste/Mastery were all .2 away from each other for me. I got a new ring, suddenly Haste is sitting at 11.5 and Crit is 9.7. Every time you get a new piece, your stats will change. This is running the BoS build. Nobody can say "yeah you need a lot of haste with this build" because you might have entirely too much and need to regem to Versatility or something. Typically if you don't want to go through the hassle of running SimC every time you replace a bit of gear, just try to keep your stats divided up nicely and gem/enchant into Vers.

gem/enchanting vers seems to be like a terrible idea.

If you want to use whatever stats you 'feel' is best, maybe you should make a program called "Feelcraft".

That said, stats for frost are all close together. Your worst stat may only be 10% weaker than your strongest. It more or less comes down to having a balanced set of stats. If you're already pretty balanced, then not much else you can do aside from using whatever highest ilvl gear you can find. ilvl is king.

Quote Originally Posted by Damark View Post
    I feel like mastery should sim higher than it does.
    Yeah I think the same...I just follow what simcraft says.

I'm surprised how much haste is valued after 20% with the BoS build. It's still my highest stat weight (14.61) while being at 26.8%.

Well haste is going to be still valued because while you are burning runes to get RP to keep up breath, you're also going to be proccing rime. But you can't rime unless you're sure you won't RP starve and drop breath. Rime hits MUCH harder than oblit. So the haste edge is 2 fold; Keep up enough rune regen to oblit to get RP to spend on breath, and get enough of a RP pool to rime during breath.

Quote Originally Posted by adamthemute View Post
    Yeah I think the same...I just follow what simcraft says.

I'm surprised how much haste is valued after 20% with the BoS build. It's still my highest stat weight (14.61) while being at 26.8%.
    That would be if you're simming only single target. There are not pure ST fights in the NH. So should always sim with +2/+3. Then mastery and crit will pull ahead leaving haste in the dust.
    I run 21/21/38/2 for m+s(w.o 4 set because well. no need.) and 19/19/41/3 for raids (with 4set)

E: for pure ST, where haste is ahead by ALOT, what's best for me brings me to 17/24/32/7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akusa202 View Post
    gem/enchanting vers seems to be like a terrible idea.
    Well Vers was my top stat by a decent margin before I got some upgrades. It's a more valuable stat for Frost than other specs. I imagine it's because a pretty large share of your damage is gonna be Oblit which is physical and not frost.