Thread: 2v2

7+ Year Old Account

2v2

Thinking about trying spriest/rogue with a buddy of mine, going to make it work.
    I know I'm probably walking into a headache and a half, but it'll be a nice side project.

As such I'm a bit curious of what others experience has been with 2s recently.
    I've got a fair amount of arena experience but for the most part of steered FAR away from it for sometime now; long healer/dps (used to) drive me up a wall.

Doing a few games messing around found out blood DKs are a thing, that was fun

What's y'alls experience with 2s in legion so far?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    Poop. For me 2s is legit poop. Unless you play surv/rdruid/disc/rogue basically. I've always enjoyed 2s both low and high rating (2.5kish) but once legion came I've just gotten 2k on the chars I want elite gear on then afk because i'm not even joking it's legit dogpoop atm imo.

Edit: I actually played surv/disc and ww/disc which are both insanely good comps in 2s and it's still not fun. Just dampening games every game. No fun.

Watching joefernandes playing 2s right now, rsham and fury warrior, and can confirm that he's not having fun either - resto druids particularly bring out the salt

I think it would be better if it operated like skirmishes and you cannot have a healer in 2v2. Then of course, it would revolve around the strong support classes that can heal like boomkin, ret, ele shaman, etc.

SPriest/Rogue will be a chore to play, the priest will just get tunneled every game non stop. I am not sure you will have enough burst to down a healer/dps team even with your control. You will run into a lot of DH and a lot of WW. They are both very strong in 2v2 because of the cleave and they can be fairly sturdy. DH sturdy through damage and WW sturdy through mobility.

I would say just play and figure it out, it is just 2v2 but be aware that the priest is going to get frustrated easily because he will be pillar humping every game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioduh View Post
    Poop. For me 2s is legit poop. Unless you play surv/rdruid/disc/rogue basically. I've always enjoyed 2s both low and high rating (2.5kish) but once legion came I've just gotten 2k on the chars I want elite gear on then afk because i'm not even joking it's legit dogpoop atm imo.

Edit: I actually played surv/disc and ww/disc which are both insanely good comps in 2s and it's still not fun. Just dampening games every game. No fun.
    Which class are you in each case? I'm assuming disc?

Yeah used to playing my warrior and running with a healer, surv/disc (or hunter/rdruid) has always been the biggest pain...
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    I was the disc and ww in the second comp. Been 2.5k as both disc and ww in 3s but I dont find pvp enjoyable at all anymore. Wod was pretty meh and Legion pvp just killed it for me. " Competetivly " that is. Still getting every Elite gear I like because I dont have time to raid mythic and want the look on gear.

Playing spriest/mage, both between 2.2 and 2.4 since Cata. I am spriest, getting trained in almost all comps. Mage can't peel enough for me to survive, against double melee gotta usually use dispers on the opener. If I survive long enough it usually a win since we can finally go offensive and get some CCs and decent damage. Problem as spriest is that you can't burst out of the blue like almost all other classes who just kick in their 4 offensive CDs with defensives being sure they can get a kill during it. Building enough insa to get decent damage is long as hell in 2s when it's a pain to get a single VT off. And then, blowing someone up on a torrent/derpcrash isn't that fun. I don't play with lifeswap tho, Psyfiend is bringing the MS effect, so any healer/dd require it.

2s is absolutely awful in terms of balance and even more in terms of enjoyment. I don't care struggling at 1500 or 2000 in 2s, I just wanna have fun and win when I know I've played better or lose when I know I did something wrong. Currently 2s are some kind of big paper/rock/scissor and arcade game.

Basically, all the toolkit we had before to help survive in 2s has gone away : 10% fade, glyph of leap of faith, spectral guise, PoM/shield/off-heals were more efficient, feathers... Now since we can't counterplay due to to lack of buttons apart from damaging we're just a training dummy for every melee class.
    Last edited by Philomene; 2017-02-01 at 10:13 AM.