Looking for help with situational taunt macro

My raid leader has asked me to start using a macro that whispers him every time I taunt to make it easier for him to keep track of swaps. So I created a basic macro to do this, but ideally I would like to modify it so it only attempts to whisper him when he is in the raid with me as opposed to us constantly spamming each other when tanking elsewhere. (His version of the macro is actually tied to my btag so you can imagine the spam I get on alts lol). Can someone show me the exact wording I would need for this? Thank you in advance.

have you thought of using a WeakAura instead? You can have conditionals and on taunt trigger wisper if the person is in group with you. Maybe need LUA but seems it may be easier in WA

Not sure if this works anymore but this worked in macros

/cast taunt
    /run local a=UnitName("player_name") if a and UnitInRange("player_name") then SendChatMessage("taunted","WHISPER",nil,a) end

Use the macro that /w him when you are in a raid and just put your normal taunt in that keybind slot when you aren't. Easy enough.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by mr120 View Post
    Not sure if this works anymore but this worked in macros

/cast taunt
    /run local a=UnitName("player_name") if a and UnitInRange("player_name") then SendChatMessage("taunted","WHISPER",nil,a) end
    instead of UnitinRange use:

Code:
    /cast taunt
    /run local a=UnitName("player_name") if a and UnitInRaid("player_name") then SendChatMessage("taunted","WHISPER",nil,a) end[/QUOTE]
    http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api_categories#unit

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    instead of UnitinRange use:
    Looks like that one works, thank you very much!