Upgrading my PC

Hello,
    My current build is as follows:
    i5-3570k
    Radeon 7870
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    XFX Core 550W 80+ SLI PSU
    8GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz
    Some heat sink on CPU, nothing fancy, but better than the one normally added to cpus.
    1TB hard drive, if I remember correctly it is western digital blue

It is an old build (over 4 years now) and sooner or later I will have to change it all, but I dont have money for everything as of now.

First question: how important is SSD, should I get one, or skip untill later.
    2: I am planning to get either gtx 1060 or 1070, thoughts? If I get 1060 I will be able to get other parts upgraded earlier, but 1070 will last me longer. So the question is: with the rest staying as it is, will 1070 be an upgrade enough to enjoy all the upcoming games in 2017
    3: Will my motherboard be compatibile with my new GPU?
    4: I guess I should get some more powerful power supply, thoughts?
    5: Should I get some more RAM, or can it be delayed?
    6: Upgrading CPU and GPU at the same time is too much for me, is it a good call to first replace GPU, will my cpu be much of a bottle neck?

Thanks for any and all helpful suggestions

Edit: Found PSU model and that my RAM is DDR3 1600 MHz
    Last edited by mmoc595b05679c; 2017-02-08 at 12:59 AM.

My suggestion is to get the 1070 and the SSD if you just want to do small part-wise upgrades.

You can wait on the ram. Yes the GPU is compatable. More importantly, the ram might not be for future upgrades.

Most importantly the 1070 and the SSD (most likely, depending on time-frame) can be carried over when you upgrade other components. They are easy parts to bring with you and have good compatibility. You usually don't have to change other parts to use them. For instance, you overlooked that you need a new MB when you upgrade the CPU in the future. That type of thing doesn't usually happen for graphic cards and hard drives... barring large architectural changes.

How important is the SSD? For you, maybe not that important, since you don't have one. Once you have one you will never live without one... so for me I'd say "super important". The damn thing is just blazingly fast. There's no going back.

The Power Supply should hold. The 1000 series draws less power than the 7870.

If the 1070 puts the SSD out of reach for you, I'd probabaly get the 1070 and plan on the SSD in the near future, instead of the 1060 and the SSD. (Only because you are used to mechanical hard-drive load times, so it wouldn't bug you as much as it would bug me).
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-02-08 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you for your answer I will go for gtx 1070 and SSD then, it seems it will be just about what my budget is.
    I have also found what model is my psu and that my RAM is ddr3 1600MHz.
    PSU: XFX Core 550W 80+ SLI PSU

Also, do you think Samsung 850 EVO 250GB would be a good choice for SSD?
    Last edited by mmoc595b05679c; 2017-02-08 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozwad View Post
    Thank you for your answer I will go for gtx 1070 and SSD then, it seems it will be just about what my budget is.

Own one myself and im very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozwad View Post

I would try for a 512, I have windows w/WoW,D3,HoTs and hearthstone and it takes up a majority of the SSD.