Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Falcosaur question

For the sections of the falcosaur quest line that requires pet battle WQs, do you get credit if you insta-complete them with a class hall perk? (with the correct pet out and in your active battle party)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    For the sections of the falcosaur quest line that requires pet battle WQs, do you get credit if you insta-complete them with a class hall perk? (with the correct pet out and in your active battle party)
    no, they need to be part of the fight, and be out after you complete it, meaning you need to start with it out, and end the battle with it being the final pet to fight (its really buggy and annoying)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? Blah... That being the case I'll probably never get the damn mounts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, they need to be part of the fight, and be out after you complete it, meaning you need to start with it out, and end the battle with it being the final pet to fight (its really buggy and annoying)
    No it doesnt have to be the last pet to battle thats bullshit.
    but staying alive it has to

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    again its extreamly buggy, and having it the last one in combat seems to make it much more likley it will count
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The pet battles are very touchy, but I've never had the falcosaur as the last pet out. The falcosaur has to be out, be the first pet, and survive, but that's it.

It doesn't have to be the first or last pet, it doesn't matter what slot it's in. The only requirements are that it be summoned when you start the fight, be in the party, and survive the fight. It doesn't have to come into combat to count. Sometimes after a fight it will unsummon itself so make sure you check it's really out before you start a fight. Also try to complete all 3 on one character without trying to do it on another as this bugs out the entire quest sometimes as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevyn View Post
    It doesn't have to be the first or last pet, it doesn't matter what slot it's in. The only requirements are that it be summoned when you start the fight, be in the party, and survive the fight. It doesn't have to come into combat to count. Sometimes after a fight it will unsummon itself so make sure you check it's really out before you start a fight. Also try to complete all 3 on one character without trying to do it on another as this bugs out the entire quest sometimes as well.
    this and only this!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Even this has been fixed. Last night I had the falcosaur out, and as the first pet slotted pet. I purposely let it get killed three times on three different fights and then won the fights with the non-flying pets. Each time I got quest credit for the fight.

So it seems the falcosaur does not need to survive. I did need to resummon him afterwards to turn in the quests, because when he dies in the fight he is no longer summoned as a pet.
    Last edited by Hawg; 2016-12-13 at 06:13 AM.

there is diffrent quests for pet battle, those that require the pet to be summoned and those that require the pet to be summoned and participate in the fight.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    there is diffrent quests for pet battle, those that require the pet to be summoned and those that require the pet to be summoned and participate in the fight.
    I'm pretty sure they all require that the falcosaur be summoned an on your pet team. I don't see any that don't require him to be part of your pet team. Which of these only require that he be summoned?

http://www.wowhead.com/falcosaur-guide

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I'm pretty sure they all require that the falcosaur be summoned an on your pet team. I don't see any that don't require him to be part of your pet team. Which of these only require that he be summoned?

http://www.wowhead.com/falcosaur-guide
    Day 5: Complete 3 Pet Battle WQs with the hatchling summoned out.

those ones
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Finished my 3 last night and having the Hatchling on my team but not die wasn't working, I found that I could only get the quest to count by summoning the hatchling before starting the pet battle as a summoned pet, then I could use any 3 pets to do the battle and it counted, all you need to do is have the hatclhing summoned as a companion then do the battle.

I'd recommend binding the pet journal tab so you can open it when in battle to double check the falcosaur is summoned, and out.

Its buggy af, nuff said.

I finished 4 WQ pet battles today in Dalaran on alts, only got credit for 1 with the Falcasor being the first one in and was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Worked for me. Also funny, but single insta-complete gave me credits for 5 wqs quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    no it doesnt have to survive or be the last pet out. it has to be in the first slot and be the first out is all.