exorsus guldan, draw circle addon

Hello,

In the guldan mythic video at 3min56sec there's an addon that seem to draw circle arround friendly players. It's like deus vox encounter back in the day but these one seem to be attach to the nameplate of the players.

anyone know the name of the addon, if it exist ? weakaura ? nameplateaura modification ?

Quote Originally Posted by Killmore View Post
    Hello,

In the guldan mythic video at 3min56sec there's an addon that seem to draw circle arround friendly players. It's like deus vox encounter back in the day but these one seem to be attach to the nameplate of the players.

anyone know the name of the addon, if it exist ? weakaura ? nameplateaura modification ?
    I thought that this was not possible anymore...

“Addons will not be able to access unit positions in raids, dungeons, and competitive instances.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=255220/g...s-and-slootbag

http://www.deadlybossmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9494846?page=1
    Last edited by crysilaero; 2017-02-16 at 03:13 AM.

its not the same thing as some of the addons that were broken with that fix. if you watch the video, when you see the circles on people, you all also see their nameplates. it looks to me like someone in the guild wrote a custom nameplate addon that, when a player has x debuff, instead of showing the debuff above the player (like what you see in a lot of star auger kills with the constellations), you see the transparent circle that's just a replacement for the icon, that has then been adjust left/right, then down to appear on top of the player. its actually pretty clever. if blizzard doesn't break it, im sure we will see it in ERT

Deleted
    My guess would be on a weak aura attaching things to the nameplate.

ERT is made by exorsus

what you said is right but one thing isn't, how they do the Green Line between add and player and was updating in real time

that type of thing shouldn't be working, Boss/adds position was removed in Cata i believe after first tier and player position on legion 7.1

even if isn't from the adds and some melee player to ranged player still shouldn't work because nameplate dont give positions

really dont know how they manage it, hope they release it

but honestly i hope blizzard remove the way this is done (all of it), takes away alot of the fights seeing all that circles and lines

just my opinion

it can be done with weakaura, i'm already working on editing pottm's star augur weakaura to make it work for other stuff. Expecting blizzard to disable this come 7.2 though

Nothing illegal, those are just nameplate addons. They draw circles and attach them to players' nameplates, circles change size, colour, etc based on auras that are present, proximity to other players, and few other things I guess.

Lines simply connect two nameplates, there's no need for players' positions.

Obv these are private addons, many (all?) top guilds have their own addon devs, Exorsus guys even mentioned him, IIRC that's Afiya.

The only way to remove such functionality is to not allow addons to call :Set/GetPoint and :Set/GetParent methods of nameplates and their regions/children. But that will break pretty much all nameplate addons that add something to nameplates, be it simple artwork, or more elaborate aura trackers.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-16 at 08:37 AM.

To qute the classics:

Blizz : We controll the game. It's really not that difficult. All addons can't inherently display player positions, they just require an extra data, from the right function, to make them work. We simply deny them that.

Players: Blizz, the kind of control you’re attempting simply is… it’s not possible. If there is one thing the history of the game has taught us it’s that addon devs will not be contained. Their ideas break free, they expand to new territories and crash through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh… well, there it is.

Blizz: You’re implying that an addons without knowledge of player position will… show their position?

Players: No. I’m, I’m simply saying that addon devs, uh… find a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

the parasite distance addon is as bad as the Putricide markings - the Putricide addon was blocked by blizzard because it made the ooze mechanic trivial and you could perfectly dodge it. But since basically the same addon was used for Lootchimonde, i doubt there will be any action.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Players: Blizz, the kind of control you’re attempting simply is… it’s not possible. If there is one thing the history of the game has taught us it’s that addon devs will not be contained. Their ideas break free, they expand to new territories and crash through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh… well, there it is.
    Nah, it's entirely possible It's their API, they can limit it anyway they want, they do it slowly though, cuz they never hotfix such things.

At some point things may become so limited that the only solution would be to create game overlays that hook into WoW via directx dll injection to track players/anything and draw relevant data on the screen, but that's already a bannable offense, cuz that's how some bots work, it also means that all "prettifiers" or "beautifiers" will be banned too
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-16 at 09:25 AM.

a more radical and quick fix is to kill drawings on friendly nameplates on instances, this way will not cause any trouble to players (tanks mostly) that rely on them to control adds enemy nameplates

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Nah, it's entirely possible It's their API, they can limit it anyway they want, they do it slowly though, cuz they never hotfix such things.

At some point things may become so limited that the only solution would be to create game overlays that hook into WoW via directx dll injection to track players/anything and draw relevant data on the screen, but that's already a bannable offense, cuz that's how some bots work, it also means that all "prettifiers" or "beautifiers" will be banned too
    His post is a parody from Jurassic Park. Made my morning at least just picturing Goldbloom giving that speech to Chris Metzen in my mind.

Do you think they will release it? Or can someone make similar WA?

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Similar WA's are out, just check wago.
    Thanks, there wasn't any when I post.