Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

mmochamp having maleware?

i noticed recently that in the top right beside "recent forums" on mmochamp a twitch window keeps appearing of random streamers playng stuff like wow or league of legends these also play adds, and sometimes these adds have volume even though they are muted so i need to unmute then remute for it to shut up

however the last two times opening up the site, this has popped up when opening mmo champ...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-22 at 02:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It says it derives from the twitch API so I can't imagine theres anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i noticed recently that in the top right beside "recent forums" on mmochamp a twitch window keeps appearing of random streamers playng stuff like wow or league of legends these also play adds, and sometimes these adds have volume even though they are muted so i need to unmute then remute for it to shut up

however the last two times opening up the site, this has popped up when opening mmo champ...
    I run avast as well and I haven't had this happen. I am also running Adblock+,Ublock Origin.

Also it say's its coming from Twitch not MMOC.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I always knew this site was sexist. Let's make a stand for equality!

No threats on my system...yet

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I run avast as well and I haven't had this happen. I am also running Adblock+,Ublock Origin.

Also it say's its coming from Twitch not MMOC.
    yes but i am on mmochamp, and its coming from the twitch that appears here

i know its coming from twitch, but the twitch is appearing in mmochamp
    also i have adblock+ but its still not blocking this
    and it doesent happen every time, just sometimes

fuck ads, use ad blockers and you won't be inundated with noisy ads/popups that all potentially carry malware. These sites don't give a shit about the users, its up to you to protect your own computer which is why adblock addons are so necessary right now

i use ublock origin and adguard adblocker for chrome right now since adblock decided to betray us users and now lets what they deem acceptable ads through (no ads are acceptable in my book)
    I also use facebook purity on facebook to block out all the stuff I don't want to see/don't care about and now my facebook is nice and clean and I only see what i want
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    fuck ads, use ad blockers and you won't be inundated with noisy ads/popups that all potentially carry malware. These sites don't give a shit about the users, its up to you to protect your own computer which is why adblock addons are so necessary right now

i use ublock origin and adguard adblocker for chrome right now since adblock decided to betray us users and now lets what they deem acceptable ads through (no ads are acceptable in my book)
    I also use facebook purity on facebook to block out all the stuff I don't want to see/don't care about and now my facebook is nice and clean and I only see what i want
    issue is i do, but its not blocking it : /

you said you use adblock plus though...they let what they deem acceptable ads through now which is why you're getting that stuff, you need to switch to something else, upblock works great and even has some of the functionality of ghostery that blocks sites from tracking you
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

7+ Year Old Account

example, this add started playing, with sound, even though as you can see its muted, so i have to unmute it and mute it again
    i also have addblock turned on, and this is in the top right of MMOchamp as you can see...

- - - Updated - - -

i userd addblock and found the block element and was able to block the twitch API
    so annoying adds with sound are gone, and so should be the avast warning
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-22 at 02:04 AM.

Switch to ublock origin

--snip--
    Switch to ublock origin, Adblock by itself is shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Is there a difference between having AdBlock and Adblock Plus?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    nevermind, i thought i fixed it, but nope i just made me not able to see it.... it still plays sound and not i cant even mute it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    issue is i do, but its not blocking it : /
    It doesn't appear to be a virus or malware, and I get the same warning from the Avast suite on my HTPC when I view MMO-Champion. The tag "VBS:Malware-gen" is Avast's way of saying that this particular process looks like possible (general) malware due to the way it interacts with the browser and local cache - it's behavior that the scanner flags as a possible malware interaction. Taking a look at the actual file token.json doesn't reveal anything pernicious, however; just your standard JWT (JSON Web Token). Kaspersky's AV/Malware suite is apparently giving the same false positive for the file and its process. Twitch is aware of the issue and appears to be looking into what is causing the false positives, but it appears the video object is safe.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Never seen that one but i had some sort of ACTUAL virus blocked by my protection a few days ago, could've been mmo champ or any of my 50 other tabs.

(Ublock origin, Malwarebytes premium and unnamed AV

It is a false positive, Avast users having the issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comm...front_page_of/

Stream is intended, any audio at all is not. Will pass it along to be fixed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It is a false positive, Avast users having the issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comm...front_page_of/

Stream is intended, any audio at all is not. Will pass it along to be fixed.
    yeah and the stream is not what i hear, what happens is an add starts playing, and even though its muted it plays audio and i have to unmute then mute again to get it to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Switch to ublock origin, Adblock by itself is shit.
    I have ublock origin and I got the same message.

Was just about to report this too, just had it pop up as I went to the main page and Avast blew my eardrums out >.> Guess it's good it's a false positive, but geez
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."