WoW Outer Planes Expansion

So anyone familiar with DnD knows there are outer planes, realms of the gods if you will.

The inner elemental planes are already present in the game.

Would be cool to get a chance to actually explore the afterlife and realms of deities like Elune or the Light.
    A step forward with this was the Halls of Valor with Odyn in it, but floating about in the sky is not really a good place for an afterlife unless the Halls are in another dimension.

So yeah let's explore different worlds of many faiths, maybe even get taken there after our characters die and be judged in the Shadowlands to enter them.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicar Amerei View Post
    We pretty much already know/have seen most of these planes existing in warcraft lore.

Plane of Life = Emerald dream

Plane of death = Shadowlands (opposite of the emerald dream, the shadowlands is a copy of "our" world, but greyed out and decayed. It's where we go every time our characters die.)

Plane of Void = The Void. Realm of the Void Lords.

Plane of Light = This one we don't know, possibly the realm of Elune(?) There literally is no info on this place.

Plane of Fel = The Twisting nether. A crucible at the heart the universe itself, forged from the clash between light and void at the beginning of creation. Is tied to all alternate realities. Realm of the Demons, and as such also the Burning Legion.

Plane of Arcane = Similarly to the Light, we don't know anything about this place. Supposedly the titans are connected to it, but since we know that titans are born within our own universe we don't even know why that is. One possibility is that our own world IS the realm of the arcane, but that seems very unlikely.

Other than these we also have the elemental planes, but these were all artificially made by the titans to imprison the elemental lords and their servants during the ordering of Azeroth. We've already been to (and brutally butchered our way through) all of these.

These are all the different realms there is, and from these we've already been, or are going to in the very near future, three. The planes of Life, death and fel. From the remaining three we don't know anything about two, and the third one is home to the ultimate big bad in the entire warcraft franchise, implied to be so overwhelmingly powerful that one of these beings is probably enough to destroy our entire universe if it could escape its own plane.
    Yes exactly this. What I would like to see is the realm of Light and all the other planes you mentioned here expanded into an expansion or possibly more.
    Also, I believe the realm of Arcane IS IN FACT our universe as you also mentioned. The Great Dark Beyond - Our Universe is basically the opposite to the Twisting Nether - Chaos.
    Order - Arcane prevails here in our plane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no more planes! Bad enough with the Exodar, Nether rocket, flying machine and sky fire!

Planes worked out extremely well in everquest. PoP was one of the best expansions ever. I'd be interested to see wows take on it.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    I could think of many more interesting plots for several more expansions. But okay, might work if Blizzard runs out of ideas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Retarded idea, gz.
    Retarded comment, stfu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justicar Amerei View Post
    We pretty much already know/have seen most of these planes existing in warcraft lore.

Plane of Life = Emerald dream

Plane of death = Shadowlands (opposite of the emerald dream, the shadowlands is a copy of "our" world, but greyed out and decayed. It's where we go every time our characters die.)

Plane of Void = The Void. Realm of the Void Lords.

Plane of Light = This one we don't know, possibly the realm of Elune(?) There literally is no info on this place.

Plane of Fel = The Twisting nether. A crucible at the heart the universe itself, forged from the clash between light and void at the beginning of creation. Is tied to all alternate realities. Realm of the Demons, and as such also the Burning Legion.

Plane of Arcane = Similarly to the Light, we don't know anything about this place. Supposedly the titans are connected to it, but since we know that titans are born within our own universe we don't even know why that is. One possibility is that our own world IS the realm of the arcane, but that seems very unlikely.

Other than these we also have the elemental planes, but these were all artificially made by the titans to imprison the elemental lords and their servants during the ordering of Azeroth. We've already been to (and brutally butchered our way through) all of these.

These are all the different realms there is, and from these we've already been, or are going to in the very near future, three. The planes of Life, death and fel. From the remaining three we don't know anything about two, and the third one is home to the ultimate big bad in the entire warcraft franchise, implied to be so overwhelmingly powerful that one of these beings is probably enough to destroy our entire universe if it could escape its own plane.
    I love how you list them all off and say we've already seen most of them, but if one looks at the list it's clear we haven't been to most of them. Even with things like the Emerald Dream, we've only seen a small part of it, and even that part was lazily designed and disappointing.

Retarded idea, gz.
    No, it's actually interesting.

OT:
    Would like to see that. But I think that we're going to revive titans or do something connected to them, and then we'll all fight in the outer planes.

Retarded idea, gz.
    Why even bother posting here if this is the sum total of your ability to contribute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, it's actually interesting.

OT:
    Would like to see that. But I think that we're going to revive titans or do something connected to them, and then we'll all fight in the outer planes.
    I'd love to have an expansion where we actually mess with the titans. That'd be great.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Ny'alotha = plane of the Old Gods? Necrophotic(Twilight) Plane? The Sleeping City hovered on the border between the Void and the Reality?

Im not very excited about the whole cosmos titan lore.. its kinda boring..the whole void thing is kinda eh I picture us just fighting voidwalkers in purple castles bring me back to medieval feeling with light space mix

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    So anyone familiar with DnD knows there are outer planes, realms of the gods if you will.

The inner elemental planes are already present in the game.

Would be cool to get a chance to actually explore the afterlife and realms of deities like Elune or the Light.
    A step forward with this was the Halls of Valor with Odyn in it, but floating about in the sky is not really a good place for an afterlife unless the Halls are in another dimension.

So yeah let's explore different worlds of many faiths, maybe even get taken there after our characters die and be judged in the Shadowlands to enter them.
    As far as exploring different worlds, that was the ORIGINAL plan. The disappearance of Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner was originally supposed to be a MAJOR part of World of Warcraft. It was going to setup a system where we visited all kinds of worlds with both of them leading the way as we fought threats from the Legion. The Burning Crusade expac was going to only be the first example in this regard where we visit Outland.

At some point (very early on I think) they turned away from that idea and went with the "leaked list" format. There was a leaked list of future expacs from like 8-9 years ago, and we've actually been following along very closely all these years. One of the xpacs was actually named "Legion" so they even kept the name. As of Warlords of Draenor, the only two concepts left on the list were a major Legion invasion including a visit to Argus, and a major Void event including a visit to K'aresh (homeworld of the ethereals which was destroyed by Dimensius). BTW that's why I say the next xpac is likely a major Void xpac because its the last thing on the list.

But where do they go once the list is complete? I remember reading that devs mentioned they wanted to return to the idea of Turalyon and Alleria and exploring different worlds again, so your wish to explore different may be coming back around in a couple more xpacs.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

very good idea WhiteEagle but I would like to see more planets like Etheriels and other races
    maybe we will see them in the war in argus races of the army of light

After getting a small taste of the Emerald Dream, I hope we never have to return. Emerald Nightmare was so thematically boring it made my eyes water.