Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I support this app considering it's not actually issuing any tickets. Its simply accepting photos of people illegally parked on private property and forwarding it to the authorities to make the decision. If the vehicle is clearly parked where it should not be, then the authorities can decide to issue a fine. Personally, I would have only had 2 incidents of people doing this to me since I bought my house 3 years ago, so its not an app that I'd really use. I'm sure there are others who run into this on a weekly or daily basis depending on where their homes are who would really appreciate this app.

Reading this, this thread really needs to be closed. or OP edited. Entire op is based on a lie of sorts.

This is a app for owners of parking areas, that have correct signage, to issue parking tickets. It goes through UK Car Park Management.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    If you steal a car just to make a £10 commission, your criminal mind is a little underdeveloped ;-)

Hey man, I gotta get me that Bacon Big Mac.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    This only applies to their parking garages, not everyone parked anywhere.
    Oh, ok - I'm not from Britain so I wasn't sure how it was going to be applied. What does it mean by "on their private land"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Oh, ok - I'm not from Britain so I wasn't sure how it was going to be applied. What does it mean by "on their private land"?
    This is a app for owners of parking areas, that have correct signage, to issue parking tickets. It goes through UK Car Park Management.

They also offer other services for parking areas.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

They also offer other services for parking areas.
    Oh, ok - thanks for that. I was really missing the boat on it.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    I can see this causing more problems then it solves.

How does the app know if a car is parked illegal in private property?

I need several examples. What about someone his is a inch onto the yellow on a city sidewalk? If I see some dip shit taking pictures of someones car for such minor infractions, they will meet my fist.
    You see where the issue is with your example?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Oh, ok - thanks for that. I was really missing the boat on it.

Not your fault. The article the OP is based on isn't really telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    this is why there is a court system. if the violator thinks they have a special reason why the fine should be lifted, they can plead their case to a judge. it is not nor should it be the job of officers or civilians to determine reason for rule breaking.

i doubt they would lose their jobs, civilians are not trained in such matters, and citations need to be issued by proper authorities. if i send in a pic, it needs to be reviewed to make sure im not just trolling or wrong.
    I doubt it too, however, if you can get a decent chunk of the public using this app and it proofs successful, theres always potential someone might lose their job / lose hours. Example, Town A is shit hot on the app and no longer need the warden A, so Warden A takes over Town A + B as A doesn't need as much attention. Warden B loses.

Like I said I doubt it too, but always potential and what ifs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I doubt it too, however, if you can get a decent chunk of the public using this app and it proofs successful, theres always potential someone might lose their job / lose hours. Example, Town A is shit hot on the app and no longer need the warden A, so Warden A takes over Town A + B as A doesn't need as much attention. Warden B loses.

The app is not for public use.

You need to read some of the recent replies. You won't get any of the "public" using the app, it's not FOR the public. Would be great if you could edit the OP to make clear what this is actually about, since the article you quoted didn't have a clue.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is the big deal. Park on private land that doesn't belong to you here in the states and you'll get your car towed with no warning.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    You need to read some of the recent replies. You won't get any of the "public" using the app, it's not FOR the public. Would be great if you could edit the OP to make clear what this is actually about, since the article you quoted didn't have a clue.
    Edited

/char10

10+ Year Old Account

if the app were to prove useful, the other conclusion is that more pics are sent in for processing. thus leading to MORE hours spent sifting thru them by those officers, not less.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You see where the issue is with your example?
    Two separate scenarios actually.

God I'd love this app. I'd report all the illegally parked police/Parking Authority cars in the city.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    People are going to get their asses beat. Then again its not in the US, maybe you guys are nicer in the UK.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Different from official people going around writing tickets....how?
    That's their job though. Just feels odd to me to have some random person going around screwing others over but then again that person parked like a moron could be screwing others over too so /shrug. No sympathy for the people that deserve the tickets this just kinda seems odd to me is all.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    Two separate scenarios actually.
    either way, parking on city streets doesn't apply.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Anything that increases the likelihood of people following the law is a good thing. That's really all that needs to be said about this.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    What's wrong with that? Fuck people parking illegally on my private property.
    I don't know about the UK, but here in the US, private property covers most every place you can park. Virtually every parking lot is private, with spaces either belonging to the building nearby or owned by a company and leased to individual stores. Parking garages are also private. The only thing that really isn't private is street parking.

Personally, I think it's bad only because it is yet another way in which people are turned against each other. I think we have enough of that already.