Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Heroes need a break after Legion

Ever since Wrath of the Lich King (because Illidan wasn't much of a real threat let's face it), every expansion we've faced some existential threat to Azeroth. I think people are exhausted of 'The next big bad', and we appreciated the mood of Pandaria (Until it shifted into "The world is in danger from Garrosh!"). You can have meaningful raids like Throne of Thunder or Heart of Fear without every villain we face the end of the world.

Which leads me into my point. I think Azeroth needs a Cataclysm type update. Nothing major like revamping quest chains, but introducing scaling levels to the old world, introducing world quests. The tech is already there as we say it with Legion invasions. The design space put towards making new zones could be put towards reinvigorating old zones. How cool would it be if we saw Gadgetzan updated in the expansion after Legion to be like Hearthstone's reinterpretation of it? The entire zone of Tanaris as a giant city to quest in as a updated leveling zone.

Overall I think the world needs a reimagining to introduce scaling content and boosting the exp gains overall to make it so players can just enjoy the storylines they want to follow, and level in zones that they like. Because we're quickly reaching the point where buying level boosts aren't just an option, but mandatory for new players.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes because we all know how much people love cata and mop.... sounds like an amazing idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, too bad, you're fighting the manifestation of all dark chaos in the universe next.

Or maybe not, who knows.

I wouldn't mind slowing things down and dealing with a threat closer to home. I think Azshara and N'Zoth could be something like that - their victory would still be apocalyptic, but they don't have the vast resources of the Legion so whatever their plan is would necessarily be a little more slow and insidious. Or going down into Azjol-Nerub - Yogg-Saron or whatever is left of his power could be up to something in Northrend, and maybe the Titan Keepers will be brought back into the story (I figure 7.2 will show us some of the fallout of Odyn going back to Ulduar, haven't read any spoilers about that myself).

I would like to see some of Hearthstone's efforts in expanding on zone concepts fed back into WoW itself, like with Gadgetzan or Un'Goro. If they tackled a new Gadgetzan on the same scale of what they did with Suramar, we could get something pretty sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes because we all know how much people love cata and mop.... sounds like an amazing idea...
    MoP was incredibly well received by people who could look beyond 'lolpandaz'.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I agree, outside of a vocal minority who had never played Warcraft before WoW was a thing it was an incredibly good expansion, one of the best outside of a year-long Siege of Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I would like to see some of Hearthstone's efforts in expanding on zone concepts fed back into WoW itself, like with Gadgetzan or Un'Goro. If they tackled a new Gadgetzan on the same scale of what they did with Suramar, we could get something pretty sweet.
    We got Finley in Stormheim, I would love to see a League of Explorer's rep, that involves you questing all over the world alongside Harrison Jones and the crew.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another MoP based expansion wouldn't be bad but at least implement the more heroic stuff midway/at the end cause well we need to get back to that eventually.

Forgot to add, I also would like to see more relooks at old cities see if they can be made bigger to do something similar to Suramar.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah... and how many people are that >_> i liked mop, but alot of people say it was horrible, and i mean, people kept unsubbing so it must have been a popular opinion

7+ Year Old Account
    example directly above me

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf117 View Post
    They took one pandaren out of Warcraft 3 and built and entire expansion around it based on an April Fool's joke. The problem was not the lack of Warcraft 3 knowledge, but the disbelief at their nerve and disconnect with the WoW population.
    You mean the Community that had been asking for Pandarens since Vanilla Released? That population?

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's not be disingenuous. Cataclysm was very well received, but was disliked by the extreme content drought and the space jesus Thrall nonsense. The world revamp and the lvl 80 content itself was amazing and fun, on top of new races and lots of improvements to core systems with the addition rated BGs and LFR.

Pandaria was poorly announced, poorly described, poorly hyped and poorly implemented. It took the pandaren, which were actually cool (or was, since there was only Chen) from Warcraft 3 and turned them into fat pieces of shit with no personality other than "let's be friends and get drunk". Uh, are we here to play Warcraft or World of United Nations? There was artwork with Pandaren wielding samurai swords and samurai attire, but it was removed to not piss of China, who hate Japan. They even made the great wall of China ffs. All of the lore was copy pasted from Chinese folklore and had names and animals changed.

The problem with pandaria was not the animals or continent or initial theme, but the arrogant attitude of the Shado Pan, who treated us like morons while they got ass fucked at every turn and we saved them each time, and the lax, depraved and comatose attitude of the rest of the pandaren.

On top of that, its main villains were originally lackluster (our emotions...) and some content, like terrace of whatever raid, had even less art than trial of the crusader, which was insulting.

Players don't mind getting a break, just let it feel like a Warcraft break, a la Cataclysm, not the nonsense pandaria preaching.

- - - Updated - - -

They took one pandaren out of Warcraft 3 and built and entire expansion around it based on an April Fool's joke. The problem was not the lack of Warcraft 3 knowledge, but the disbelief at their nerve and disconnect with the WoW population.
    1. cata was not wel received, the amount of complaints of all the old content being removed, people hated losing their class quests, losing the old zones, etc
    2. it dident have a content drought till the end, but again started the sub declined RIGHT after launch (also every fucking expansion had a drought so dont act like it started in cata)
    3. i dont get how it was poorly described, announced, hype,d and implemented
    4. also you cry about how they ruined chen and the pandaren by just making them about "lets be friends and get drunk" when that was all chen was about... that and "protect home" when thats what pandaren are about... so the pandaren lived up to exactly what chen is about...

also yeah they had the right to be like that, we popped in and fucked up the whole continent with our war, and murdering their people, they have the fucking right to be pissed at us, they had it fine until we started ruining everything

also they dident "disconnect with the wow pop" the april fools day joke was LOVED by the community, so much they decided to make it real thing
    as dark said, they had been asking for pandaren since vanilla, for example a thread that was shown off for mmochamps 10 year aniversary talked about it, before cata was announced the worgen and goblin halloween masks were datamined, so they said "i assume they are going to add murloc, naga, pandaren, etc, to just be jokes, at all the races we have asked for, if not then worgen and goblin are confirmed as our new race"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-03-09 at 11:29 PM.

Tbc was about legion and a near summoning of kiljaeden
    You destroyed your op in the first sentence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    You mean the Community that had been asking for Pandarens since Vanilla Released? That population?
    Well he did make a new account. Yes I still remember people asking for Pandas even on the official forums. Pandaria was arguably pretty interesting to make out of one small thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Please reply to my post with arguments, as I did. If you want to inflate your post count, go elsewhere, otherwise don't insult me passive aggressively. I posted NOTHING in my post about disliking pandaria because "lolpandas". I had nothing against Draenei as animals either, but a LOT against their stupid spaceship lore.

Quote from my post: It took the pandaren, which were actually cool
    i was pointing out btw you hated pandaria, well he was saying "its really well received"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    We got Finley in Stormheim, I would love to see a League of Explorer's rep, that involves you questing all over the world alongside Harrison Jones and the crew.
    Yus. The drip-feed of elements has begun. Hearthstone's League of Explorers expansion also had a kick-ass Ethereal villain, Arch-Thief Rafaam, who would make a great antagonist for some kind of over-arching LoE rep storyline. I don't want things to get quite as silly as Hearthstone generally gets, but there are solid concepts there for the taking that would be awesome in a more serious incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah... and how many people are that >_> i liked mop, but alot of people say it was horrible, and i mean, people kept unsubbing so it must have been a popular opinion
    Well in my experience yeah, MoP is generally well liked. Cataclysm less so, but my main gripe was lack-luster raiding and the fumbling of some story elements. The prospect of revisiting existing old zones and adding new content isn't something that immediately makes me recoil in disgust, just because Cataclysm did it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yus. The drip-feed of elements has begun. Hearthstone's League of Explorers expansion also had a kick-ass Ethereal villain, Arch-Thief Rafaam, who would make a great antagonist for some kind of over-arching LoE rep storyline. I don't want things to get quite as silly as Hearthstone generally gets, but there are solid concepts there for the taking that would be awesome in a more serious incarnation.

Well in my experience yeah, MoP is generally well liked. Cataclysm less so, but my main gripe was lack-luster raiding and the fumbling of some story elements. The prospect of revisiting existing old zones and adding new content isn't something that immediately makes me recoil in disgust, just because Cataclysm did it.
    well there you go this thread has just a few posts and you allready have ap erson who liked pandas but hates pandaria

A break would kill this game
    The only reason this game isnt dead right now is because this is the legion finale expansion with argus and sargeras

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The community has been asking for a lot of things since pre-BC released. Pandaren were one of the least requested things in the game, among many other least requested things.

Draenor, Burning Legion and Arthas were the most requested things in the game since its release.
    "least" requested, lol rightio. Those multiple threads for years asking for them to be implemented is truly the "least". The 3 you listed didn't ever need requests since it was obvious those would end up appearing anyway simply due to the Lore.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO it doesn't need a Cata-like update; I think effective use of level scaling and phasing can also push the story forward without altering the leveling experience for new characters and players.
    I very much agree with being exhausted of having to worry about the end of the universe, and it's sobering that it appears that's the direction we're going after Legion.

I'm super hoping for a post Legion story that has our characters "quit" from our duties as class leaders, forfeit our weapons as a symbolic gesture, and sail off to the next expansion.

Maybe the next expansion could be based on us taking an actual vacation. We could have a mission board that sends followers to scout out the best locations for getting a tan, a new profession "travel agent" that we can be, and much like how the American vacation system works...we can opt to trade in our vacation time for money (gold) because Anduin is all like "it must be nice" every time we try to take a few days off.

Every time Pandaren get brought up this response gets trotted out, it's history revisionism and it completely twists the timeline. This argument gets repeated and repeated like a virus.

To understand Pandaren you have to know that Pandaren predate Warcraft itself. It dates back to Morhaime, Metzen, Didier and their Sons of the Storm blog, Samwise's nickname is even 'Panda'. Secondly the april fools joke is pre dated bt Chen Stormstout in Warcraft, Chen was in in the Rexxar campaign and helped found Orgrimmar alongside Vol'jin and Thrall. Secondly items referencing Chen were in vanilla WoW.

Don't say this meme non-argument, it's complete BS and makes zero sense. Anyone who pretends Pandaren were 'invented' because of Kung Fu Panda are also lying. They were trying to do Pandaren for YEARS but as you mentioned, China is one of Blizzard's biggest markets. It took time simply because of that, MoP was in talks before TBC.

Also MoP had amazing villains, Lei Shen, voiced by Christopher Lee? c'mon.
    Last edited by Myta; 2017-03-09 at 11:46 PM.