Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I grew up in the country and prefer it to city life. Much quieter.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle is the smallest city I've lived in, but am on pace for my goal to buy a small farm over the cascades to retire to by 50.

https://youtu.be/iEM9fzY3yI4
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-02-18 at 01:10 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Cities are only fun for ages 15-25. Being surrounded by neighbors sucks.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Raised in small cities, so much closer to being a country person. I do not like large cities at all.

That said, I've spent my entire adult life working in large cities which give me a great appreciation for the massive numbers of diverse views and concepts you can only find in large cities.

Basically, country life is filled with the comforting illusion of constants whereas city life is filled with the reality of possibilities. It's worth experiencing both.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Seattle is the smallest city I've lived in, but am on pace for my goal to buy a small farm over the cascades to retire to by 50.

https://youtu.be/iEM9fzY3yI4
    I lived right next to the Seattle library. The first building I lived in was infested with cockroaches. I had never seen a cockroach in upstate NY. I was outta there real quick, lol!

I got to see lots of bands like The Vandals while in Seattle though.

I've had ample experience with both, and both have their positives and negatives. Right now I live in suburbia on the far far outskirts of the Twin Cities metro area, and its ok. The neighborhood is great and very community oriented, and we seldom have to deal with the hassle of getting into the cities themselves unless there's some event we're going to or a trip like taking the kids to the zoo, so traffic isn't a major concern. My preference would be a bigger town/smaller city about 30ish min away from a larger metro area. More relaxed but with the opportunities/resources of a major metro area not that far off if we want to go do something specific. My wife won out as we live in the suburb she grew up in and now that we have kids the public schools in our district are top tier, 10/10 rated, so that was a factor too.

But the correct answer is Bozeman, MT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    I lived right next to the Seattle library. The first building I lived in was infested with cockroaches. I had never seen a cockroach in upstate NY. I was outta there real quick, lol!

I got to see lots of bands like The Vandals while in Seattle though.
    Ha! I've never had roaches in Seattle, but had them everywhere in NYC.

I lived on capital hill, next block from the QFC, near Broadway and Madison intersection. 3 blocks from Neumos...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

City person. I do not enjoy the wilderness, country or small or otherwise rural places.

I have only ever lived in major cities. The smallest city I lived in was Orlando, Florida. Hated it with a passion.

Definitely country.Live in southern Virginia on a 150 acre farm.This music video by Luke Bryan pretty much describes my life.

"Chaos boils in my veins."

Hybrid it seems. I was born and raised in the farm lands, then lived in the DC area for 17 years and then moved to a smaller city suburb. Technically I've never lived in the downtown part of a city, but thanks to work I've traveled to most of the US cities and stayed at downtown hotels. I prefer the freedom of smaller cities where I can hop in the car and go anywhere I want without dealing with traffic, but I also want a city large enough it has lots of different things. My definition of a small city is 200,000-400,000.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've lived in both and like both equally.

Born and raised in Detroit and then moved to Flint when I was 13 and stayed there until 1996 when I moved to Howell, MI which was about 20 miles away from many places and would suck if you didn't have a car or bike.

I like the city because its easier to get around and you're not far away from convenience and I like how noisy it is sometimes.

I like the country because having my own pond, corn field, and 20 acres of land was awesome and watching the wildlife traipse about the freshly fallen snow in the mid to late 90s was bliss. Plus complete quietness was very nice sometimes.

I also worked on a farm for three years feeding cattle/pigs and collecting and storing hay in the one guy's five scattered farms. Was good money as a kid tbh.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

City people would consider me a country person while country people would consider me a city person. So I'm just normal.

Country small towns for me I like my privacy and some breathing room.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm more of a suburbs person. I like living in a nice quiet neighborhood, but being just a 20 minute drive from the city. As beautiful as I find the country, I don't want to be too far out from being able to get to what I need.

Iam a city boy who lives out in the country.

I was born and raised in Birmingham, England and i still miss the hussle and bussle of city life.

Born and raised in a ghetto. (technically a suburb I guess)
    I used to imagine what life was like on a small farm

Still do, even though I think I want to own a lighthouse (not sure how much responsibility that entails).

Lived in a large town and a small city, I enjoy both, though I miss Red Rooster, so the city has that going for it. I don't know how well I'd enjoy a bigger city.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2017-02-18 at 02:59 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Like the OP I prefer to work in a city but live in the country. If money was no object I'd have me quite a nice plot of acreage with a wide variety of terrain and features such as streams/ponds/lakes, hills and valleys, forested areas and flat open land to raise animals for meat and such on. That's the life right there.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    City.

I have lived here for my entire life and I really enjoy it. Mostly. But I do see the appeal for the Countryside as well. If I had a car that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up in an extremely rural, middle of nowhere area until I was 20. Then I moved to mid-sized town that's growing rapidly, just outside of a city. Almost 23 right now and couldn't imagine ever going back.