Thread: WoW token limit

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoW token limit

Is there any limit for buying wow tokens from AH? For example: 10 tokens per week?

Yeah. 10 tokens / week. 36 tokens / 24 months.

-- edit #1

I was partially wrong, they updated limitations 1 week ago:

• You may use the in-game Shop to purchase a maximum of 10 Tokens per week.
    • Your Battle.net Account can only have one type of Token and a maximum of 10 Tokens in your inventory at one time. For more information on the different Token types, see our blog post.

I guess, they removed 36 tokens / 24 months limit.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-02-18 at 09:02 PM.

I bought way more than 10 tokens when the bnet credit thing came online

I think i bought about 300 dollars worth of credit so iam not sure if there is a limit on buying them now.

If I remember correctly on their FAQ page about tokens, those limits are for game time. So maybe when you add it to balance it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Seems like this is correct

Early on there was no limit, when NA fell under 20k during the ass-end of WoD it was a clear sign to unload your garrison and boost gold. (ran out of obviously duped card mounts and whatnot to buy) Granted you had to burn it on your accounts but even my bank alt is good for years now.

Deleted
    I bought 30 tokens in a couple of days. I bought 36 tokens now overall. Many people say there is no limit anymore. I will find out when I have enough gold to attempt to buy my 37th token.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    If I remember correctly on their FAQ page about tokens, those limits are for game time. So maybe when you add it to balance it doesn't count.
    But why? You can buy gametime with balance. It's even cheaper that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    I bought 30 tokens in a couple of days. I bought 36 tokens now overall. Many people say there is no limit anymore. I will find out when I have enough gold to attempt to buy my 37th token.
    Yeah, I was partially wrong, they updated limitations 1 week ago:

• Your Battle.net Account can only have one type of Token and a maximum of 10 Tokens in your inventory at one time. For more information on the different Token types, see our blog post.

This is incorrect. The only limit is, you can have a maximum of 10 tokens in your account at one time. You can buy unlimited amounts as long as you use them.

Deleted
    Yeah, I was partially wrong, they updated limitations 1 week ago:

When I look here

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...tional-details

It still says that there is a limit, but only for gametime.
    A maximum of 36 Tokens every 24 months may be purchased for gold via the Auction House, to be used for game time.
    I don't know if that phrasing was always there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    When I look here

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...tional-details

It still says that there is a limit, but only for gametime.

I don't know if that phrasing was always there.
    that is old. its from July last summer. its changed since then to include the new token concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I spoke to Game Master, and he told me that indeed the limit is 36 tokens / 24 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    I spoke to Game Master, and he told me that indeed the limit is 36 tokens / 24 months.

How old is this convo? Removing the limit hotfix was applied recently (under a month) thus removing the 36 tokens/24 months limit. 10 tokens in your bags still enforced though.

It's from like 2hrs ago

Wouldn't really trust a GM like that, they get things wrong all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    that is old. its from July last summer. its changed since then to include the new token concept.
    But it's still there. Hasn't been changed.

No idea who's right then. Gonna test out myself, need 6 more wow tokens to find out.

Deleted
    No idea who's right then. Gonna test out myself, need 6 more wow tokens to find out.
    I need one more. Will post results here.

It's from like 2hrs ago
    Grats. You talked a CM that does not have a clue.

It was confirmed by Vrakthris last week, the 36 Tokens/24 Months restriction was removed. The 10 per week for real money and 10 in an individual character's inventory restrictions are still present, however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Grats. You talked a CM that does not have a clue.

It was confirmed by Vrakthris last week, the 36 Tokens/24 Months restriction was removed. The 10 per week for real money and 10 in an individual character's inventory restrictions are still present, however.
    Source needed.