Disc healing in BG's - help

Hi, just after some tips/advice on healing in pvp because I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. So basically (keeping in mind I'm not 110 yet so I don't have honor talents or many artifact traits unlocked) talent-wise I'm running The Penitent, Masochism, Shining Force, Shield Discipline, Twist of Fate, Divine Star, Grace.
    During a team fight what I'm doing is trying to get atonement on as many people around me as I can with either Plea or PWS, then dotting everyone on the other team with SwP, however trying to keep atonement up on 5+ people while also having to stop to shadowmend those being focused aaaaaand continuing to dps the other team is so tricky to do all at once.
    I'm thinking maybe I should just keep atonement up and heal normally with shadowmend/Penance (with the bonus from Grace) and only think about doing damage as a 2nd priority? I'm sure this all gets a lot easier with honor talents/more artifact traits, but I just need a basic idea of what I should be doing.

Deleted
    Don't put Atonement on more then 3 players. There are some exceptions, but anyway, you do more healing to others, if you focus on damaging only one target. Schism, SW.P (you can SW:P to other targets if you have enough time), Smite, Penance. Your strongest heal is Shadowmend, when you need to quickly save someone from dying. Don't spec Penance healing, you will lose tons of dmg (and healing in return) take Schism instead.

So single target will do more atonement healing than multi-dotting as many people with SWP?

Deleted
    I must not be playing the same game as Sifu.

The Penitent is a must in PVP, schism is shit lol. Everytime you will get focused and kicked on Shadowmend, you will be happy to penance yourself + cast on the run.

You want atonement on as much ppl as possible, like in a raid environment... you dont want to use Trinity at all, Premonition is much better to dodge enemy CC's.

Get inner Renewal and Ultimate Radiance, then spam radiance as much as you can. Use shadowmend/dots/penances/dispels between Radiance 6 sec cd.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yanot View Post
    I must not be playing the same game as Sifu.

The Penitent is a must in PVP, schism is shit lol. Everytime you will get focused and kicked on Shadowmend, you will be happy to penance yourself + cast on the run.

You want atonement on as much ppl as possible, like in a raid environment... you dont want to use Trinity at all, Premonition is much better to dodge enemy CC's.

Get inner Renewal and Ultimate Radiance, then spam radiance as much as you can. Use shadowmend/dots/penances/dispels between Radiance 6 sec cd.
    Yeah that's how I'm playing it as well. Schism does feel like shit. I do like using it when wq and ganking ppl as a healer though
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    So single target will do more atonement healing than multi-dotting as many people with SWP?
    Do you really always have a time to atonement and multi dotting as many ppl as possible??? Keep in mind that 4 x atonement + 4 x SW:P costs you 10 - 12 seconds! Your teammate would just die during that time. If you really want to spam SW:P then do it, but just don't spend your globals on atonement on more then 3 ppl, when you need to focus only on one or two ppl.

Well, depends if you like to play more offensively or more defensively. Schism is the must have for me, cause i like more offensive playstyle. If i would only like to heal i would play any other healing spec. Applying atonement on as many ppl as possible is a very bed advice. Ofcourse, it can work sometimes when burst healing is not needed, but that happens very rarely. You just can't save all with atonement + SW:P spamming lol. It's not that easy.

In most cases you need to save one or two ppl at the same time and you can do it with Shadow mend or atonement on both of them and then focus on one single enemy. SW:P healing through atonement is low and you won't kill anything that way.
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2017-02-20 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Do you really always have a time to atonement and multi dotting as many ppl as possible??? Keep in mind that 4 x atonement + 4 x SW:P costs you 10 - 12 seconds! Your teammate would just die during that time. If you really want to spam SW:P then do it, but just don't spend your globals on atonement on more then 3 ppl, when you need to focus only on one or two ppl.

Well, depends if you like to play more offensively or more defensively. Schism is the must have for me, cause i like more offensive playstyle. If i would only like to heal i would play any other healing spec. Applying atonement on as many ppl as possible is a very bed advice. Ofcourse, it can work sometimes when burst healing is not needed, but that happens very rarely. You just can't save all with atonement + SW:P spamming lol. It's not that easy.

In most cases you need to save one or two ppl at the same time and you can do it with Shadow mend or atonement on both of them and then focus on one single enemy. SW:P healing through atonement is low and you won't kill anything that way.
    I'm referring to team fight situations. Yeh it's easy to keep 2-3 people alive or even more if no one is dying that quick, but a proper RBG style team fight 10v10 where every person is being rotted at once? What do you do then is my question.
    If you've got more than 3 people dying at once, surely you don't just say "whelp thats more than I can handle sorry to the other people but you'll have to die "

In random BGs just use radiance on CD, put a couple of pleas on people that didn't get atonement from radiance, then spam smite/penance/SWP on everyone. Use mindbender + archangel on CD, burst with PI. You can handle large incoming damage with this. I usually end up having around 20-25% of my healing done as damage.

In random bgs, I find that what discipline does well is "you kicked one school, fine, I'll heal in the other". Shadowmend (shadowfiend, pain, scream) in shadow and shield/penance (CoW, pvp talented holy radiance for instant cast) in holy. Kicked in all of that... well the interrupts are on cooldown, you have time to cast the uber long cast artifact ability (hope you have some atonements out still).

Atonement on more than 4 people involves using holy radiance and then archangel (pvp talent) or rapture (again best followed by an archangel to extend them). Make sure you don't accidently hit plea after doing this or your mana is doomed.