Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I'm not looking back but looking forward. Rob Pardo left Blizzard and founded a new gaming company last year called Bonfire Studios. Their mission is to create social games. Pardo specializes in MMOs so its very likely going to be an attempt to make a social MMO. I wish he'd make an MMO with an in-game community, great raids, decent PvP, and a mix of edgy class fantasies and fun class fantasies. I'd totally jump ship and support that.
    Thing is Ex-Blizzard devs tried that before and we got Wildstar. Look how that turned out. I'll give Pardo the benefit of the doubt and that's it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Recently found my Warcraft 2 bnet.edition cd-rom (came in a paper sleeve with my warcraft 3 CD back in the day)..

Playing the campaign again after knowing the WoW map so well, it's a whole different experience then the ol' days.

Still subbed to wow tho. (had quit for 3 years prior to the 1st month of Legion)

I also do not see the decline that people are talking about. This is the first expansion since Cata/MoP that I have seen guilds full of people running Mythic+s, WQ and fielding 20-25 people a night on raid nights and not having to PUG raiders. I have characters in multiple guilds and all the guilds I am in are running large raid teams because we have that many people who want to raid. Last expansion was tough to get a set raid team larger than 10-15 people without pugging.

Granted I am on a high pop server but I am just not seeing what everyone is talking about.

no i don't base my enjoyment of a game on how well it's doing financially, or how many subs it has.

because frankly that seems pretty retarded.

i'm going to love playing the new zelda game, and i don't care if the switch is a flop or nintendo is a "failure" etc.

Still playing Wow everyday and plan to continue doing so, but I did purchase the D2 expansion with extra gold from WoW, so I am playing around with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    i aint played shit, since wows decline i have been living off the grid in my bunker awaiting the apocalypse

Maybe my nostalgia just isn't strong enough, but for me the graphics in most pre 2005 games is just too crude to stare at for longer periods of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Not a fan of the diablo lite perma grind, so I've just simply stepped down from Mythic raiding and downscaled my play in WoW dramatically. Been tooling about in Pokemon and modding again

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always played lots of games. I think that most people that center in on one game to the exclusion of everything else are cheating themselves. Of course that has nothing to do with your presumed "WoW's decline" which is questionable at best and completely irrelevant anyway.

This is also likely to end up being a game versus game thread which is against the rules here.

Currently playing everything from online chess and scrabble to Commander Keen and Jumpman to Skyrim to a bunch of new games on Steam. Enjoying Elite: Dangerous and its expansions as well.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-02-26 at 06:21 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I wouldn't say I've gone back to old favourites, but the less I've played WoW over the years the more I've found time to play a bunch of other games. I feel like I've found a great healthy balance where I have dry periods where I can check out all sorts of new titles, while also having WoW there as a comfort food game whenever I just need to unplug my brain and chill out with something familiar.

Well, WoW has been on a decline for over ten years now or what? I'm not sure of anything now D:
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

What is this decline so many are talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    Ive gone back to eq1, tried the 1999 emulator and now the live TLP server and its actually quite fun, its funny how old school mmos that dont change their formula at all can still live up to this day
    I've gone back to a certain unnamed private server playing Vanilla, can't name It cause moderators are silly. It's a great experience, 12 years ago I began Vanilla and I'm having equal If not more fun now that I can play Vanilla WoW exactly how It was back then, with all the quests, the people, the friendly groups, the dungeoning, the raiding and the PvPing as well... and we're not even half way through Vanilla specific patches.

So far I've had more fun In Vanilla WoW on that server than I had on wow for the last 6 ish years.

And that's not even because I'm bored of Legion, I am though as I have a secondary account to try It on - however main reason Is I was banned on WoW unfairly, a year and 10 months ago. I know you're thinking "Well duh, It's never fair" - Is it fair to have your account banned due to a hacker having stolen It, then you prove your ownership of the account and Blizz still refuses to give It back to you, a year and 10 months later? So while Blizzard are stubbornly refusing to be a good company that should've been protecting my account for 12 years, supposedly. I go to play the game In a state when I like It (Although there's no TBC servers, I'd have liked TBC most) and I'm enjoying It the old school way - the challanging way.

And another lesser reason is I've been getting bored of regular WoW and Vanilla wow on that server Is just grand and large and amazing, you're actually challanged, It's not a cake walk, you group with people, you do proffesions that actually do something and aren't generic 3 star upgrades.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-02-26 at 06:38 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well, technically not 'old', but I've been playing quite a few Bethesda games (Though I'm struggling to do that right now due to issues with their game's engines and any computer that can produce FPS higher than 60) and Elder Scrolls Online. Might start playing the Witcher trilogy again soon.

I play WoW every now and then, but it's mostly casual PvP (Something I never thought I'd be reduced to doing) and the occasional raid for balance of power. What I really need is a game filled to the brim with content that can completely replace WoW since blizzard seem to be aiming towards grinders and the hardcore crowd these days whilst barely giving anything to solo/softcore players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Can't return to the old favorites that well, they are either dead, or been changed so much by the development of the franchise. Besiddes, I don't feel much decline in WoW at the moment, in fact (for me) I have started to see more and more people in the world.
    Same. That being said, I have been dusting off some old favorites like the Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect series whenever my internet decides to crap out (thanks, Comcast!).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    Dunno what you mean with "WoW's decline", since for me personally it's better than it has been for a very very long time.
    He means that objectively sub numbers and player activity (since they pulled sub statistics) have been declining for years even from WoD levels. I'm sure there are still some players who enjoy grinding maw of souls though.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    there is no "decline" wow is doing great. I've been driven sightly away by the main guy i play with being busy with school.
    Delusional.

Personally I still play Diablo 3 although that game has just as many flaws, and I've revisited modded skyrim.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    there is no "decline" wow is doing great. I've been driven sightly away by the main guy i play with being busy with school.

So far legion is the first expansion, where my guild doesnt have to constantly look for new people due to raiders dissapearing into real life.
    Which kinda makes sense, since "nothing to do" was the number one complained I have heard last expansion and if they keep up the current patch rate, I dont see that becoming a problem.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

WoW is my old favorite that I'm driven back to when I get bored of other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I've started playing a little RollerCoaster Tycoon, which is great fun.

I would disagree that WoW is in decline, though, unless you're a PvP'er - which I partly am.
    omfg yes, i was so sad when they started making the game 3d, i wanted them to stay with the old style, it looked so cool, but the originals are so hard to control, but ive been looking at the slightly updated RCT2 that has multiplayer, would be awesome to play

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    He means that objectively sub numbers and player activity (since they pulled sub statistics) have been declining for years even from WoD levels. I'm sure there are still some players who enjoy grinding maw of souls though.

Delusional.

Personally I still play Diablo 3 although that game has just as many flaws, and I've revisited modded skyrim.
    the numbers have gone up since wod, not lowered

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Well, WoW has been on a decline for over ten years now or what? I'm not sure of anything now D:
    7 years but yeah pretty close