Ashes to Dust legendary rotation (opener & priority) questions

So I just got Ashes to Dust shoulders, using along with Belt (Chain of Thrayn).

With the new legendary, I am unclear of the retri rotation and priority spell casting, especially our opener.

According to Icy veins guide, our opener should be:
    1. Prepot
    2. Judgment
    3. Blade of Justice
    4. Crusader Strike
    5. Crusade + Templar's Verdict
    6. Wake of Ashes
    7. Templar's Verdict
    8. Crusader Strike / Arcane Torrent
    9. Templar's Verdict
    10. Continue normal rotation

Questions:
    1. Shouldn't my opener be different since i'm using Ashes to Dust leg?
    My logic dictates i would want to cast Wake of Ashes immediately at the start of fight since:
    a) More Uptime.
    b) Have BoJ/CS up (which wouldn't be the case if i'm following icy veins rotation) in order to generate fast HoPo for successive TV/DS.

2. Overall, is the rotation+opener correct in the icy-veins guide ?

3. If i see WoA is about to become available in 1.5~2 seconds, I have BoJ/CS available, i'm at 0 HoPo. Wait for WoA? This scenario can rise in many different variations. Any rule of thumb ?

If relevant, I am using CoF 875, Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid 885.
    My character name is 'Heavenrage' on Twisting-Nether.

Feel free to correct any of my mistakes/assumptions.
    Last edited by Oreneo; 2017-03-09 at 03:21 PM.

Only problem I see is that by the time you get to 9, unless you have an ungodly amount of haste, you'll have to cast judgment again. If it's low enough you might even have to cast it at 8. I was always under the impression to Blade of Justice first, Crusader Strike (and Blade of Justice again if it procs with Blade of Wrath, otherwise: ), Judgment, Crusade/TV, If you had gotten 5 HP then CS, TV again, Wake of Ashes, TV, BoJ/CS, TV, then so on. It seems pretty optimal to go Blade of Wrath with Ashes to Dust but it seems to become less clear and more conflicting when you're wearing T19 4 set and you want to use Fires of Justice.

I'm still working out some of the stuff myself tbh. Been a while.

Deleted
    To ensure i get a 2nd WoA in my crusade window i just open with WoA. If you delay your 1st use of WoA you potentially miss out on getting your 2nd in with some time remaining on your crusade at max stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    To ensure i get a 2nd WoA in my crusade window i just open with WoA. If you delay your 1st use of WoA you potentially miss out on getting your 2nd in with some time remaining on your crusade at max stacks.
    If you start using the way I described above, using two TV's then WoA that'll be used when you're at 6 stacks (18% damage) on Crusade ~3.6 seconds in and if you have a 35 second AW then you'll be able to fit a second WoA at the end at 15 stacks (45% damage). That's pretty neat, actually. Too bad I don't have 3 AW relics yet.

When I was using A2D, I would cast DH at 3-4s left on pull timer (free damage), pre-pot at 1, wake -> J -> TV -> CS -> TV -> normal rotation. You absolutely want to get in as many 15 stack crusade TV's after your 30s A2D as possible, so delaying wake doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    When I was using A2D, I would cast DH at 3-4s left on pull timer (free damage), pre-pot at 1, wake -> J -> TV -> CS -> TV -> normal rotation. You absolutely want to get in as many 15 stack crusade TV's after your 30s A2D as possible, so delaying wake doesn't make sense.
    What doesn't make sense is you didn't put where you'd activate AW/Crusade there...

EDIT: Legendary shoulders suck for trying to manage your priorities during Crusade lol damn. Good thing I got the cloak.
    Last edited by Reith; 2017-03-11 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    What doesn't make sense is you didn't put where you'd activate AW/Crusade there...
    My mistake, though obviously right after you J and before your first TV