Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well as soon as Im town, maybe you'll find something. SO far I'm 3/3 scum *shrugs*

Woo Grand Champion \o/

And the CoS 15 was pretty easy, we jsut missed the two chests, but don't really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    YOU FAILED ADULT ME!!! OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

Just kidding... Not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im so sorry, baby me! I tried to protect you D1! I tried to live but Monkz is a jerk!

7+ Year Old Account
    ***Mod Notes on Game***

I was trying to solve a few problems (as I see them with recent games) with how I set up the final game.

Problem 1. Players not talking in thread/talking more in QT than in game
    Solution 1. Scum could not talk in their group QT during Day. Players pick up items for posting to use.

Verdict 1. The players adopted a fluff mentality D1 that was overwhelming for everyone. It worked as I had hoped in future days. Town was heistant to take out low posters though and was hording items to protect themselves which meant a lot of posts that should have awarded an item were tossed to the side. (For example, Crackle held on to the same green shell from D1/post 582 until it got popped N4)

Problem 2. Vig not willing to take out players for fear of town/going out early
    Solution 2. Give all players the ability to Vig/Mod kill a player by making them go into negative posts. Use items to force players to talk or be eliminated.

Verdict 2. See notes on #1. Players really didn't want to target each other at night.

Problem 3. Cop going out early / follow the cop mentality used
    Solution 3. Make a Deputy cop as a backup but with 1 (or 2 depending on SK) scum having inv immune their role is diluted even with the backup.

Overall, the items were an interesting experiment, but I severely underestimated how much time it would take for item tracking. Posts that awarded were purely random. The original drop rate was 32 out of 500 posts. Senna thought that was too low D1 so I jumped it up to 100 out of 500. That proved too many. D2 it went to 32 out of 300 which seemed about right. If there was an automated way to handle it I'd do it again but unless I was monitoring the game constantly I fell behind and had to calculate pickup times vs when it was used in game or in qt plus adjusted post counts to figure out if people were affected by Star/Bullet Bill/etc. It also forced me to be more interactive as a mod and I was constantly worrying that I would slip up and inadvertently reveal something as a result.

The "lifter role" was a last second addition due to the character Ret had selected and their role in mario kart. It was to counteract scum vig/mod killing too many people too quickly.

The "item watcher" was thrown in after we passed 9 players. Knowing the cop was weakened I wanted another way to let town catch lies. It ultimately wound up helping scum due to town trying to make power plays for grand champ early.

Ultimately the game ended down to a final 3 and I'm ok with that result. It means that the scum going out early didn't hurt too much and that the mislynches were about right.

I really liked the item watcher role. Good job with that one. And seriously powerful, if you wanted to do the manual labour with it. It just felt wrong to do so.

But this really was the town's game to lose after D2, and we succeeded spectacularly. All there is to say about it. It wasn't just Graeham's insanity that destroyed our chances this game, but it certainly helped. However, the lynch on Virothe was ... not particularly good, and while I can blame the shortened day I myself had literally nothing to offer at that point. The day ended like it did. And the scum had ample room to hide a low-key profile. In retrospect, the town strategy should probably be to gang up on the lowest poster, regardless of affinity. It would have made the endgame different if nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

On the upside; Listo's self-shelling on D1 was legendary. Play of the game, right there!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post

On the upside; Listo's self-shelling on D1 was legendary. Play of the game, right there!

Thanks for the reminder. I meant to award the MVP to @listo95 for the most amusing play of the game thread.

Honorable mention goes to a nose picking in a QT that resulted in a sex toy being thrown at another player....

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck was that ending? Good lord.

- - - Updated - - -

I played not well this game. Actually awful. Almost as bad as MMMM.

Thank you for the game kryllian.

10+ Year Old Account
    That ending was Kryllian not realizing scum may have wanted to go 1/2 and that I was willing to kill myself to do so

10+ Year Old Account
    I shoulda have gussed when i was looking at online activity seeing both xanjori and crissi online but not talking in game thread...scums were planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I shoulda have gussed when i was looking at online activity seeing both xanjori and crissi online but not talking in game thread...scums were planning.
    We couldnt be planning, we couldn't talk to each other remember. And I was actually raiding, we killed Aluriel!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I never log out so Im always online

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    We couldnt be planning, we couldn't talk to each other remember. And I was actually raiding, we killed Aluriel!
    Never!!!

You know I was actually considering a bait and switch tactic. I was going to vote on myself and refresh constantly and see if I could catch anyone voting in quick succession. But getting the unvote off just before the 4th vote. Bam both scum caught. :P

hai crackle, sorry for lynching you, probably wouldn't have happened if you hadn't lost your shell. By the way that is why I said it was important that town agreed not to throw post reducing items at people near the deadline/during the night as it would be easier to just work under the assumption that only scum would use post reducing items to modkill

I mean tbh town did all the work for us this game, Graeham caused so many issues at a time we were really worried, the Virothe lynch was a bit strange imo, and whoever did throw that night shell seems to have caused chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, and my gut choosing large N1, and gut choosing bomb over Monkz night 3

Thanks for the game, Kryllian! I enjoyed it. I hope that people won't blame me too much for what happened, I messed up but that was to do with me embracing the 'opportunistic' spirit of the game. Earlier than I should have, perhaps, but with three scum dead very early on I thought that Town happened to be in a better position than it was. I also panicked when Danner caught me out and whilst I acknowledge that I shouldn't have lied it was pretty clear that my item use wasn't a serious attempt to actually kill anybody. I was operating under the assumption that most - if not all - players would be less concerned with their faction winning and more about laying the groundwork to push for the 'Grand Champion' title. Furthermore, the original post encouraged unlikely alliances to be forged. So, to some extent, I ended up thinking ahead a little too much and not enough in terms of the short term.

Still, I apologise for screwing things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gj guys, Was fun to follow

10+ Year Old Account
    So I mentioned this in the dead thread. But in case you didn't see it in there or watch it at all. Please watch/listen to the MV from the first bump I did. Also turn on the captions to see the translation. It is true art.