Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    But the media keeps telling me Islam is the religion of peace!!!!! /sarcasm

Islam is a shit religion that needs to be wiped off the face of the planet, in fact it would be great if religion in general was banned as a whole as it does nothing but hold us back from our true potential.
    I would disagree as some Dharmic religions are uplifting like Buddhism and Jainism. Although I'm not neccessarily for these specific religions as they can be just as divisive as any Abrahamic religion (Christianity, Judaism, Islam).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Well, considering those are tactics used by the fucking Persians themselves, seems pretty standard. Perhaps I am being far to reactionary with Alexander praise, but really, he used tactics not unheard of, just not practiced.

I mean Greek Cavalry? Greece is pretty hilly, it's hard to do Hidden flank charges in Greece.
    The Persians did not use cavalry in the same way as Alexander, his use of them was innovative, that is kind of the point why he is so highly regarded. Greeks had always used the heavy infantry as the shock arm, his father did so, Alexander switched everything around and nobody could deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The Persians did not use cavalry in the same way as Alexander, his use of them was innovative, that is kind of the point why he is so highly regarded. Greeks had always used the heavy infantry as the shock arm, his father did so, Alexander switched everything around and nobody could deal with it.
    Persians very much did use Heavy Cavalary as shock troops. In fact they invented it with the Cataphract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Persians very much did use Heavy Cavalary as shock troops. In fact they invented it with the Cataphract.
    Alexander did not use cataphracts, nor use their tactics, his cavalry was relatively lightly equipped and used as a wedge into the enemy line. His tactics were a response to those likely to be used against him, rather than relying on his tactics to beat the enemy regardless, that was innovative for cavalry warfare.

Hannibal did likewise.

Another thing that Alexander showed was his ability to operate in all different forms of warfare, from set piece battles to sieges to guerrilla operations, he mastered of all of them. Barring naval operations, which he avoided, possibly for political reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cmon folks, i thought this was gonna be about bashing Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Cmon folks, i thought this was gonna be about bashing Turkey
    Don't limit yourself to the OP man, just go a head, do it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    He did not spend all his money, he accumulated vast wealth from conquering the most powerful empire in the world at that time. He did commit atrocities though, he was something of a psychotic cunt.

What Greek generals used a refused flank like at Issus? Which of them used cavalry as the shock troops of an army?

The use of was tactical tricks to nullify the opposition was unparalleled pre-Hannibal, e.g. his hidden cavalry tactic.
    To be fair the oblique formation was used at Leuctra to defeat the spartans. Phillip then adopted this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    To be fair the oblique formation was used at Leuctra to defeat the spartans. Phillip then adopted this
    The heavy weighting of one flank, as at Leuctra, was not an Alexander tactic though. They loaded up one side, in order to nullify and overwhelm the Spartan strength, whereas Alexander refused his flank in order to avoid being outflanked.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    West is being fooled by the media. Kurds are neither democrat nor secular. They are among the most religious groups in ME.
    Hey, but as far as I know their record is genocide free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.