Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's more important? His feelings? Or what's best for society?
    its really just peoples feelings vs peoples feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's more important? His feelings? Or what's best for society?
    You don't know what's best for any society if you think a license plate is damaging it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Changing the license plate is fine I think. They're called vanity plates for a reason, and if the government body that issues them decides it's no good then that's that. If his last name was Fuccboi or if we were talking the name of his WoW character this would probably end the same way.

No he shouldn't have to change his name or the private company. Things like license plates that support more shortform and slang modalities of language where it would be more easily misunderstood, I think disallowing it is unfortunate but understandable.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If that were genuinely your name then yes. Canada is an interesting place when it comes to language, so you'd think the authorities would have more understanding of nouns that might mean something else in another language, although I will admit this is less common between French and English.
    If it's OK for First Nations to use names like Runs With Bull and whatnot, I don't see why other names that might be silly in English are somehow inappropriate.

Georgia looks like. Florida?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

This is pretty funny... vanity plates aren't something to get your panties in a bunch over. He shouldn't be ashamed of his last name... but it can be viewed as offensive on the back of a car with out context, end of story.