Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why no vanilla timewalking?

will they ever add vanilla timewalking? it would be really nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would guess it's because a lot of them has been changed since Vanilla and some of them does not even exsist anymore (UBRS etc).
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

10+ Year Old Account
    since classic had simpler to understand mechanics it would actually suit LFR/timewalking very well.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Some of them would be really boring mechanics wise but the real reason is quality. The details of animations/characters/spells/loot everything is from more than a decade ago, with the scaling tech "time walking" anything is pretty easy for blizz but I doubt they want to bother with all the updates to make the visuals look good just for classic wow TW.

Vanilla had a different dungeon structure than later expansions, with many dungeons being a few hours worth of experiance (Strat, BRD, Maraudon) in comparison to quick dungeons with 3-4 bosses that started in BC. It would be difficult to LFD them while still keeping the "timewalking" (as in, experiance how those things used to be) experience.

Blizzard responded to a question like this.
    Basicly, many of the vanilla dungeons are not designed for max lvl players (lvl 60 in this case).
    They would be extremly boring with lack of mechanics.

They could probably do it.

Scholomance
    Shadowfang Keep
    Deadmines
    Ragefire Chasm
    Stockade

Those are short enough.. am I missing some that are that short, i feel like I am but it's way too early. I'm talking short 3-5 boss instances, none of those 12 boss things.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I think most of them might be considered too long (8/9 ++ bosses) to fit the format of timewalking.
    Last edited by mmoc7321d21558; 2017-04-26 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    since classic had simpler to understand mechanics it would actually suit LFR/timewalking very well.
    You clearly havent played a lot in classic... Try decursing 40 people raid without modern addons as a mage while keeping up dps, run away from constant fire, know that you have a 1 in 40 chance of getting a debuff, notice it on time to run out of group and not blow everyone up. Have to kite adds during boss fights as a healer while healing your designated group, keep track of your own stacks of debuffs and know when to run out/los to clear them with no add-on telling you, try to avoid getting toasted by dragon breath by looking up to see the position of the boss and try to guesstimate where the breath would drop, know how to do your class only mechanic that only happens on 1 boss, and I only partially covered first 2 tiers + onxyia so far. Not even gonna get into some of the nightmare mechanics in AQ and Naxx

People don't realize how much simpler everything is now because of the current raid addons. Keep in mind people can't still fucking do mechanics with multiple addons + people in voice telling them exactly what to do. Shit wasn't easy back in classic when every raid encounter/mechanic was new and there weren't addons to hold your hand through the whole thing

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Lvl 60 scholo, how I still miss you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

Scholomance
    Shadowfang Keep
    Deadmines
    Ragefire Chasm
    Stockade

Those are short enough.. am I missing some that are that short, i feel like I am but it's way too early. I'm talking short 3-5 boss instances, none of those 12 boss things.
    It's funny because none of those are the same as they were in Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    was wondering it too, if there's one set of needed dungeon, it's the inaccessible ones

They don't get the current times walking models to work, so maybe they should focus on fixing bugs and correcting scaling before they add a new time walking.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

Scholomance
    Shadowfang Keep
    Deadmines
    Ragefire Chasm
    Stockade

Have you realized that 4 out of 5 of those dungeons already got a rework rigth ? (Well, stockade also got some changes).

Quote Originally Posted by Aly31 View Post
    It's funny because none of those are the same as they were in Vanilla
    Yep, i was thinking that as I was trying to remember them. All of/most of the others are still broken up for LFD. I mean, I suppose they could do that...

also, TW is in heroic versions of the dungeon, so having to convert those might be troublesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    You clearly havent played a lot in classic... Try decursing 40 people raid without modern addons as a mage while keeping up dps, run away from constant fire, know that you have a 1 in 40 chance of getting a debuff, notice it on time to run out of group and not blow everyone up. Have to kite adds during boss fights as a healer while healing your designated group, keep track of your own stacks of debuffs and know when to run out/los to clear them with no add-on telling you, try to avoid getting toasted by dragon breath by looking up to see the position of the boss and try to guesstimate where the breath would drop, know how to do your class only mechanic that only happens on 1 boss, and I only partially covered first 2 tiers + onxyia so far. Not even gonna get into some of the nightmare mechanics in AQ and Naxx

People don't realize how much simpler everything is now because of the current raid addons. Keep in mind people can't still fucking do mechanics with multiple addons + people in voice telling them exactly what to do. Shit wasn't easy back in classic when every raid encounter/mechanic was new and there weren't addons to hold your hand through the whole thing
    No. Just no.
    Mechaniscs were easier. You had no external tools to help but the core mechanics were very basic (kick/dispell/run away and almost nothing more).
    Fights were hard but not complex.

Moreover, we're talking here about dungeons. So nothing to do with 40-people management or anything you talk about...

Deleted
    Stockades timewalking! Awww yisss

Seriously though, I think it's because they already revamped and used some of those dungeons as max level dungeons in Cata and MoP.

Deleted
    Many of them have been rewamped and it would be more apt to call most of them Cataclysm dungeons.

Furthermore, they don't mave "max level" heroic versions, so they would have to scale to any level ranging from 15 to 60, which I guess they can't be arsed to do.

Deleted
    oh dear god no, just no.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Most of the good Vanilla 5 mans were redesigned in or since Cata so not much point.

RIP Scholomance.