Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    My local pizza place, a 14 inch pizza with just sausage is like 17$, now its a much better quality but Dominos doing an 8$ pizza deal or 50% off event is just unbeatable for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Bah. These Chicago-style heathens wouldn't know a real pizza if it jumped out of the oven and melted their faces. They only pay the price for their own heresy.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

When it comes to pizza people either want cheap and fast or sit down and enjoy expensive pizza in a nice setting.

TBH if Pizzahut, Papa Johns, Baros, Ginos, Hungry Howies, Dominos, Rosattis which are all located within 2 miles of where i live can survive then surly another pizza place can.

My bet is there pizzas prolly sucked ass or was too gourmet for what the local population wanted.

Meh! Most of the arguments are Pizza snobbery.

Dominos really isn't that bad,

and New York pizza really isn't THAT good :P

To be honest, I tend to only avoid Dominos as it's bloody expensive in this country (the UK). If these companies can't compete with someone selling £17 a pizza they need to reassess their business plan and marketing.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Dominos bought out a smaller regional chain in my city some months ago; I never ordered from the old chain and never ordered from Dominos so far. I go with the Italian 2 store pizza place in my town everytime, it tastes better and it isn't much more expensive. If I go out eating, I go to whatever the place is my friends want to go to, although it often ends up being a hipster chain or something (Vapiano for the Germans, shame on me).

Pizza is rare for me though, if I'm too lazy or craving some unhealthy food, I go to the kebab places that is literally a minute away. :P

Pizza entrepreneurs have long been trying to duplicate the success of fast-casual chains such as Panera Bread Co. and Shake Shack Inc. But it’s been an uphill battle to create a successful national business.
    So basically they wanted to be a hipster pizza chain?

Ain't nobody got time for that when it comes to pizza.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Dominos is as expensive as eating at a lot of nice restaurants, and yet is super successful here.. I guess they have marketing and convenience nailed down hard enough to "dominate". Most of the Dominos in my area does serve really great pizza, that said it's not as good as some of the wood burning stone oven places I go to which are cheaper.
    I dunno, as long as you pick it up you can get large pizzas for under $10 that can feed a family of 3 or 4. (think you can get it for $7.99)

Or one really fat person.

If you have it delivered then you get charged a delivery fee and then you tip them it starts getting to $20+ for one pizza.

Edit:

Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-03-28 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    So basically they wanted to be a hipster pizza chain?

Ain't nobody got time for that when it comes to pizza.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno, as long as you pick it up you can get large pizzas for under $10 that can feed a family of 3 or 4. (think you can get it for $7.99)

Or one really fat person.

If you have it delivered then you get charged a delivery fee and then you tip them it starts getting to $20+ for one pizza.

Edit:

Different continent, vastly different prices. Meal deal for a large Pizza is equivalent to $28 here
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    This made me chuckle.

The pizza is bad because if you have celiacs or gluten intolerant it could be dangersous! No shit.

They also tell you to avoid it if you have heart problems or heart disease. Well no shit, again. You should be avoiding ANY pizza.

It's basically a list of "If you are allergic to this thing, don't eat this thing". That doesn't make it bad.
    But but, if I eat GMOs, I might catch the toxins, which make up vaccines! That leads to autism! I might catch the glutens!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

We have a dominoes in our local town and it's... well it's not good. The taste is fine, it's a pizza, but it's just a pizza its 17 GBP for a large one, and large consists of anything with more than one topping, It isn't worth the price tag on it.

We're also a student town so I imagine thats how they stay afloat. But honestly I don't know anyone who goes lets go order A pizza from dominioes. You always spend over 50 GBP and get 50% off so, so works out to 25.

At that point, we've bought two large pizzas, two or three sides, and often they throw in a tub of ben and jerry's icecream in for free.

The price for a single pizza is insane.

Now we also have a lot of take aways, that do pizza, and the quality is vastly superior, a 15" will set you back 13-15 depending on flavour / extra toppings

If they was a hipster joint who think its a good idea placing there restaurants in downmarket areas then of course they are gonna get trounced by big chains like Dominos.

I mean when iam drunk and high i dont want some gourmet crap i just want a big pile of fat, MSG and Carbs for the lowest price possible not panara bread covered in expensive sauce and parsley!.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-03-28 at 12:40 PM.

"We're going to take down Domino's and Pizza Hut by opening a chain of pizza restaurants that you have to come and visit us in our restaurant, because that's where Domino's and Pizza Hut clearly dominate the market! No one orders pizza from home, what kind of crazy talk is that?"

[...]

"Why did we fail at destroying them?! I don't understand!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    We have a dominoes in our local town and it's... well it's not good. The taste is fine, it's a pizza, but it's just a pizza its 17 GBP for a large one, and large consists of anything with more than one topping, It isn't worth the price tag on it.

We're also a student town so I imagine thats how they stay afloat. But honestly I don't know anyone who goes lets go order A pizza from dominioes. You always spend over 50 GBP and get 50% off so, so works out to 25.

At that point, we've bought two large pizzas, two or three sides, and often they throw in a tub of ben and jerry's icecream in for free.

The price for a single pizza is insane.

Now we also have a lot of take aways, that do pizza, and the quality is vastly superior, a 15" will set you back 13-15 depending on flavour / extra toppings
    Do people outside the states not get those boss 5.99 and 7.99 (Or the equivalent in foreign currencies) deals? That's lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sdagdhfj View Post
    If they was a hipster joint who think its a good idea placing there restaurants in downmarket areas then of course they are gonna get trounced by big chains like Dominos.

I mean when iam drunk and high i dont want some gourmet crap i just want a big pile of fat, MSG and Carbs for the lowest price possible not panara bread covered in expensive sauce and parsley!.
    Also this. Pizza chains are the best friends of drunks and stoners that don't want to go anywhere.

US fast food is so cheap compared to a lot of europe. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

I went low carb a few years ago and no longer eat pizza.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Do people outside the states not get those boss 5.99 and 7.99 (Or the equivalent in foreign currencies) deals? That's lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. Pizza chains are the best friends of drunks and stoners that don't want to go anywhere.
    Right checked their menu,

They now have personal size (which wasn't there when we last ordered) 6 49 for it, plain cheese. I'm going to guess the personal size one is the one we get free at the start of every academic year.

Small - 9 75
    medium - 13
    Large 15-

Those are just cheese.

The meteor I like is 19.

Tuesdays we have buy one get one free. But honestly it's really not worth doing unless you have a voucher code.

Going back to the local take away, I have a peri peri pizza, Its a chicken strip (properly sliced chicken breast, not commercial produced crap), peppers, pepperoni, onions. You get standard with it Garlic mayo and your own choice of sauce. They also give a pot of peri peri sauce which is to die for. You can have stuffed crust (cheese) for a quid extra regardless the size, but they use proper mature chedder cheese. A large is 15 inch (compared to 13.5 in doms) and it costs me 14.

Just make your own pizza, it's simple, fast and it will taste far better than chain-restaurant pizza.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Right checked their menu,

They now have personal size (which wasn't there when we last ordered) 6 49 for it, plain cheese. I'm going to guess the personal size one is the one we get free at the start of every academic year.

Small - 9 75
    medium - 13
    Large 15-

Those are just cheese.

The meteor I like is 19.

Tuesdays we have buy one get one free. But honestly it's really not worth doing unless you have a voucher code.

Going back to the local take away, I have a peri peri pizza, Its a chicken strip (properly sliced chicken breast, not commercial produced crap), peppers, pepperoni, onions. You get standard with it Garlic mayo and your own choice of sauce. They also give a pot of peri peri sauce which is to die for. You can have stuffed crust (cheese) for a quid extra regardless the size, but they use proper mature chedder cheese. A large is 15 inch (compared to 13.5 in doms) and it costs me 14.
    fast food pizza in the UK is ridiculously overpriced garbage.

You can literally buy "premium" chilled pizzas from marks and spencers or tesco or whatever for way cheaper and they taste so much better.

or go to that asian corner shop for a 20 inch donner pizza for 14 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    fast food pizza in the UK is ridiculously overpriced garbage.

You can literally buy "premium" chilled pizzas from marks and spencers or tesco or whatever for way cheaper and they taste so much better.

or go to that asian corner shop for a 20 inch donner pizza for 14 quid.
    I want 20inch for 14 :O

15 IS THE EXTRA LARGE HERE :O

Dominoes is by far the most innovative fast food chain in operation here. All pizza chains taste the same to me so I don't really care which one I order from but when it comes to marketing and customer interaction dominoes has it down. They've been really aggressive here and while I don't care enough about the issue to research it I think dominoes has been using Aus as a testing ground for various tech. They're also probably the cheapest.

We have pizza drones (both flying and ground) and a voice recognition AI for ordering here. As well as "Pizza mogul" that let's you design pizzas and win stuff.

Small, local pizza joints litter New York and Chicago. Chain pizzerias don't do as well and/or rarer to encounter.

There are like four 'mom & pop' pizzerias from my train stop to my office on the same block. Total from my train stop to office, Google reveals that are fourteen local pizza joints in less than quarter mile. Sbarro's and Gino's are the only two chains of those fourteen. Sbarro's is in a food court.

Why there is a desire to start these chain pizzeria's is beyond me. Besides money, natch.