Poll: A different remaster a better choice?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If you want to be intentionally thick in your blind defense, that's your choice just don't expect me to participate in it.
    Savage ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    I'd rather have WC4.
    first post best post

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    If you want to be intentionally thick in your blind defense, that's your choice just don't expect me to participate in it.
    Nobody is trying to make you do anything. Go ahead and scream some nonsense about corporate greed if that is what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

I mean obviously on a fansite for world of warcraft its going to be pro wow but I think starcraft was the correct choice.

Having grown up with brood war its really getting me re interested in original Starcraft

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    I mean obviously on a fansite for world of warcraft its going to be pro wow but I think starcraft was the correct choice.

Having grown up with brood war its really getting me re interested in original Starcraft
    Don't get me wrong. I'd like to see WC3 get a remaster also. But there is already a fan project in progress to do just that (using the SC2 engine) that's already quite a long way into development. Plus, WC3 has aged a lot better than Starcraft. Starcraft needed it more.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want remastered anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Nobody is trying to make you do anything. Go ahead and scream some nonsense about corporate greed if that is what you want.
    If you find that first hour DLC's are a problem of what's wrong with the game industry and find this to be okay i would have to say you are biased. I make no difference between EA, Ubisoft or Blizzard, a bad deal for a gamer is a bad deal. And if those gaming companies like to pretend they are "by gamers and for gamers" with their fancy PR generated one liners, i find it not abnormal to point out that their shit also stinks.

I have no company loyalty as i find that to be an odd concept in this modern day, something i cannot get my head around being a fan yes, being loyal to the point you rather no question some things, nope. The pricing strategy involved also factors in how much people are willing to pay, if everyone would merely think this is a great deal i can guarantee you they'll charge the shit out of it.

Do you like to be ripped off? I don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm wondering is why do people act like Blizz can only do one thing at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 3 is fine as it is, IMO. Gimme Warcraft 4 instead!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Yes.

Those products made Blizzard, those products are already paid for. I am not a big fan of paying companies twice for the same thing.

If EU would release an old game with an update and charge for it they would get a ride down shit creek. Same for Ubisoft and others, i don't find that Blizzard should be immune for criticism on this. How much of a grab this is, will be seen from how high the pricing is going to be around this.
    Blizzard spent resources on remastering the game. That means money. It is not unreasonable for them to want to get money back from doing so. The only real question is how much they will charge for it.

On top of that though...they are also updating the original version so that it will be able to connect with the remaster... so, even if you don't want to pay for the remaster yourself, you can still play with your friends that do.

Also, There are plenty of old games that I personally would pay for a remaster of. I would have happily paid for the HoMM3 Remaster...but it's only the base game without the expansions.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

If you find that first hour DLC's are a problem of what's wrong with the game industry and find this to be okay i would have to say you are biased. I make no difference between EA, Ubisoft or Blizzard, a bad deal for a gamer is a bad deal. And if those gaming companies like to pretend they are "by gamers and for gamers" with their fancy PR generated one liners, i find it not abnormal to point out that their shit also stinks.

I have no company loyalty as i find that to be an odd concept in this modern day, something i cannot get my head around being a fan yes, being loyal to the point you rather no question some things, nope. The pricing strategy involved also factors in how much people are willing to pay, if everyone would merely think this is a great deal i can guarantee you they'll charge the shit out of it.

How is giving people a choice ripping them off? You're given the choice to either play it for free (with people who buy the remaster), or you can play the remaster itself if you want a more up-to-date version of the game. They're literally fixing the game so that it can run on modern systems, updating the graphics, and releasing the original for free. The only time that this could be considered a rip-off is if they did something incredibly stupid like charging $40 USD for this. Otherwise you could hardly call it such.

Though since pricing isn't out there yet, it's too soon to say they're not going to rip us off.
    Last edited by Shakugan123; 2017-03-26 at 05:03 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    I like the starcraft storyline but theres already a new starcraft game out... Why not touch some wacraft rts?
    I suspect it will be next on the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo Warcraft III doesn't need a remaster. It runs fine at 1080p on windows 10. Its aesthetics are still decent; remaking all those models is just unnecessary imo.

It also seems obvious to me that a remaster would be paid for. It costs the developer money to do and they are under no obligation to remaster anything.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2017-03-26 at 05:04 PM.

I would much rather play supreme commander forged alliance than starcraft or warcraft.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Imo Warcraft III doesn't need a remaster. It runs fine at 1080p on windows 10. Its aesthetics are still decent; remaking all those models is just unnecessary imo.
    The only thing WC3 needs is better support for widescreen resolution (it works but it's flaky), and some better textures.

The only reason they decided to do a Starcraft 1 remaster is because people are still playing it and there are tournaments all the time. I think in Korea starcraft 1 might be more popular than starcraft 2. So nobody over there wants the new starcraft so they stick to the original. So this remake is based on demand not on what would be neat. Nobody is playing WC3 competitively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation

I dont like day one dlcs, but not sure what they have to do with this. If you are trying to compare a remaster with day one dlc, you fail miserably.

Oh dont tell me, companies like to make money, what a shocker. I understand you severely dislike companies to the extent that it blinds you with hate, but try thinking rationally.

And I have a secret to tell you: Nobody likes getting ripped off.

In the end it is easy, you dont think a product is worth the money, dont buy it. As for myself, I will decide based on the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Blizzard spent resources on remastering the game. That means money. It is not unreasonable for them to want to get money back from doing so. The only real question is how much they will charge for it.

On top of that though...they are also updating the original version so that it will be able to connect with the remaster... so, even if you don't want to pay for the remaster yourself, you can still play with your friends that do.

Also, There are plenty of old games that I personally would pay for a remaster of. I would have happily paid for the HoMM3 Remaster...but it's only the base game without the expansions.
    That is correct and considering Blizzard Track record with their pricing strategy adding in the recent development of their price increases on their MMO, which already has the most expensive services online. I am not very generous in my projection about how much this will cost.

Although would it really hurt them to do a fan service once in a while?

That is correct and considering Blizzard Track record with their pricing strategy adding in the recent development of their price increases on their MMO, which already has the most expensive services online. I am not very generous in my projection about how much this will cost.

Although would it really hurt them to do a fan service once in a while?
    Allowing the original game to connect with the remaster is a fan service. Re-releasing the original game with updated compatibility for modern computers for free is a fan service.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hated WarCraft 3, tbh