Deleted

Arms war challenge: How to stay alvie without legendary bracers?

I found myself very comfortable doing this challegne with Arms warrior, talking about the mechanics. But there is one problem: I cannot stay alive to the raw damage the archmage throws at me. That's why many uses the legendary bracers for more sustain, but i don't have those.

Even interrupting msot of the things and having flasks and food, nothign changes. I cannot survive the damage.

Anything you can advice me?

Hey !

I do not main Arms but I when I did that challenge, during P1 the only I was able to outheal the boss (without the bracers because I didn't have them at the time) was with the 41st Artifact trait that grants you a certain amount of chance of healing you for 500k~ based on the amount of rage you use. Maybe it's possible without the 41 trait ?

But I assure you it's possible without the bracers.

Deleted
    But that's a lucky proc, i can outheal him too with some of those, but it doesn't happen in a reliable way

Deleted
    You can avoid most of the fatal damage and heal yourself up with the already mentioned trait and Victory Rush. If you still need a little bit extra healing you can buy the crafted legendary belt.

crafted legendary belt
    legendary neck
    Soul of the slaughterer trait
    victory rushes from killing ice

bracers help a lot in p1 but are not requaier

Deleted
    problem is that i dotn kill the ice, i jsut go over it

I did it with Prydaz and Shoulders. I think shoulders are more important in terms of making things easier than bracers are.

Deleted
    i dotn have prydaz tho : / i rly ned a dfensive legendary it seems

Hey man,

I put some reps in recently as a 904 Arms warrior without *any* of the survivability legendaries, but I was lucky enough to get the shoulders which, imo, are priority 1 for p1 of this challenge.

My strat sounds similar to your in that I was jumping out of ice. The Artifact trait Soul of the Slaughter should be plenty enough to keep you sustained throughout the fight -- at the very least you should be able to get to the first arcane-clone phase, kill add/camp in bubble, and then heroic leap your way to the boss. This should be very doable without bracers/prydaz.

The thing that was wrecking me for a few reps was 2 things:
    * heroic leaping thru the purple light beam in the middle puts a *massive* DoT on you that makes it tough to catch up (doable, but really uncessary)
    * Heroic leaping out of ice and then immediately charging once you cleared ice such that your charge trajectory makes you clip the hitbox of the beam applying the DoT i mentioned above.

I worked around this by being more patient with my leaps and jumping well away from the beam. This also had the added benefit of giving me room to safely charge from the ground for that extra rage.

I hope this helps during your next attempts! Let me know if any questions.
    I enjoy a variety of games, but prefer those that have a core system of progression. If you found my comment helpful, let me know! If you believe I can improve my style of communication, let me know!
    WoW: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rimes/advanced - WCLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=-1 - FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11002859/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mootygrimes View Post
    Hey man,

I put some reps in recently as a 904 Arms warrior without *any* of the survivability legendaries, but I was lucky enough to get the shoulders which, imo, are priority 1 for p1 of this challenge.

My strat sounds similar to your in that I was jumping out of ice. The Artifact trait Soul of the Slaughter should be plenty enough to keep you sustained throughout the fight -- at the very least you should be able to get to the first arcane-clone phase, kill add/camp in bubble, and then heroic leap your way to the boss. This should be very doable without bracers/prydaz.

The thing that was wrecking me for a few reps was 2 things:
    * heroic leaping thru the purple light beam in the middle puts a *massive* DoT on you that makes it tough to catch up (doable, but really uncessary)
    * Heroic leaping out of ice and then immediately charging once you cleared ice such that your charge trajectory makes you clip the hitbox of the beam applying the DoT i mentioned above.

I worked around this by being more patient with my leaps and jumping well away from the beam. This also had the added benefit of giving me room to safely charge from the ground for that extra rage.

I hope this helps during your next attempts! Let me know if any questions.
    Yeah thanks, was helpful. I am a bit lower in gear 987 currently, but i just can't survive the dmg. I can get to the arcane phases, but it's more about luck with the artifact proc keeping me up, otherwise i usually die

if you are 987 you will have dps problems in p2 so youare problably wasting timeon p1 tryes

f
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    if you are 987 you will have dps problems in p2 so youare problably wasting timeon p1 tryes
    While there's no harm in putting reps in, I agree with this sentiment.

p1 is more about execution than it is raw dps. While p2* is a straight dps check: Can you kill the 3 adds before they reach the boss *and* can you kill the boss before the shadows overwhelm you?

I can tell you that my best attempt was something like 32% and that my single target, for some reason, was completely awful (900 DoS and CoF equipped). I'm a decent arms player (plenty of 85%+ parses throughout EN/NH), albleit a bit rusty from switching to fury for NH, so I'm not quite sure what's going on.... The point is I was having a helluva time getting thru that dude's health pool.

I applaud your efforts and would be interested to hear about your experience should you make it to p2.

Good luck!
    Last edited by mootygrimes; 2017-06-05 at 07:28 PM. Reason: p2*
    I enjoy a variety of games, but prefer those that have a core system of progression. If you found my comment helpful, let me know! If you believe I can improve my style of communication, let me know!
    WoW: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rimes/advanced - WCLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=-1 - FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11002859/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mootygrimes View Post
    While there's no harm in putting reps in, I agree with this sentiment.

p1 is more about execution than it is raw dps. While p1 is a straight dps check: Can you kill the 3 adds before they reach the boss *and* can you kill the boss before the shadows overwhelm you?

I can tell you that my best attempt was something like 32% and that my single target, for some reason, was completely awful (900 DoS and CoF equipped). I'm a decent arms player (plenty of 85%+ parses throughout EN/NH), albleit a bit rusty from switching to fury for NH, so I'm not quite sure what's going on.... The point is I was having a helluva time getting thru that dude's health pool.

I applaud your efforts and would be interested to hear about your experience should you make it to p2.

Good luck!
    Yeah i know i'm a bit low on gear, and i have nowehre near good trinekts, nor do i have all the set bonuses. So yeah, it will be a big challenge, ifnact as you can see i cannot even stay decently alive in p1. I will probably have to wait a little bit more gear.

Deleted
    The bracers are not really needed if you have decent ilvl, like 900 or close to that, i didn`t have the bracers either and had a bit of a struggle doing it aswell. I think when i did it i was at 899 or something like that. Used gloves and trinket the whole fight. I guess you have to have that one good try to complete it but the best advice is that get more gear or try to get it and just keep on trying. last phase took me 2 trys and the first one took me plenty of trys aswell.

I did it at 905 with second wind shoulders and ring for p1. People always forget second wind is a thing, as long as you interrupt him right you should never die. And p2 you have large enough of a gap on being hit that second wind more than fills that gap.