Deleted

Is this just bad luck?

I wanna discuss about the RNG and if someone is in the same spot as me..

7.1.5-

The last 40 days~ iv been doing NH heroic each week with at least 3 bonus rolls, my aim was to get the Relic from Tichondrius, Mask of second sight from elisande, and a decent ring or gloves from Spellblade.. Sadly i didnt get any of these and what i got 90% of the time it was artifact power.. I got few of my stuff (a ring from spellblade and foci trinket) by begging pugs for them..

I did arcway more than 30 times for my Gnawb thumb ring which in the end dropped to the healer of my group which i had to ask for, the next day i went arcway again with my friend (+15 one) and a fellow player same server as us got it and sold it to my friend for 60k (first try arcway gnawb thumb ring for him)..

7.2 Patch

iv been doing lower karazhan for my dinner bell Non stop by choosing loot specialization for my vengeance while i main havoc just for that trinket...
    I see most ppl linking me that they have the dinnebell whenever it comes into a discussion in our group..

-My problem isnt that i dont get the items, my problem is that even tho my efforts have been MUCH higher than most of those guys to get an item.. I will be the last that will get it, so no effort pay off..

When i see examples of people playing 2 times or 3 times a week just to do their emissarys/the raids/the +15 (+10 now) dungeons and they bonus roll 910 items and get close on outgearing me just by pure lack and zero effort it just frustrates me...

Which of these is more likely to have happened in your oppinion:
    a) Blizzard chose you to be a lonely damned player who's never supposed to be getting BiS items or
    b) you're just unlucky at this point in time?
    I've been killing Elisande and Gul'dan hc since it's release...still waiting for both trinkets to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    Which of these is more likely to have happened in your oppinion:
    a) Blizzard chose you to be a lonely damned player who's never supposed to be getting BiS items or
    b) you're just unlucky at this point in time?
    I've been killing Elisande and Gul'dan hc since it's release...still waiting for both trinkets to drop.
    C) blizzard implemented a system that randomly picks a few players with accounts on mmo-c and lowers their loot chance.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    No it's not bad luck. It's RNG. I could be citing you hundreds of similar issues with my main character and qq, but what would that accomplice? Some ppl get what they want from the game or get stuff WE want, but they don't care for them and some people (like you and me) don't. I don't like it either, but that's the way it is. Live with it, go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    No it's not bad luck. It's RNG.
    Actually, "luck" is only possible if something is "RNG". If something wouldn't be random, there would be no luck involved.

This is how the game has always worked. Bosses can drop a bunch of items from a pre-defined list and they randomly choose a few of those to drop when they die.
    Its then luck (or bad luck) if you get those that you specifically want.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Actually, "luck" is only possible if something is "RNG". If something wouldn't be random, there would be no luck involved.

This is how the game has always worked. Bosses can drop a bunch of items from a pre-defined list and they randomly choose a few of those to drop when they die.
    Its then luck (or bad luck) if you get those that you specifically want.
    Agreed. I was more commenting on the "bad" than the "luck" part, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    C) blizzard implemented a system that randomly picks a few players with accounts on mmo-c and lowers their loot chance.
    Blizzard looks at MMO-C accounts, sees that someone has only a 1 year badge and lowers his chance of getting "the right" loot.J
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    This must be it....

To be fair though...some people are incredibly lucky.

One BM Hunter I used to raid with got a max lvl (895?) socket BTI few weeks after first kill of Ursoc. Also got legendary belt which was BIS at the time. Didnt play for 2 months or so and came back and got Shoulders day one I believe which was the new BIS. This week got Bracers which is 2nd BIS now lol and got a 920 BIS Chest from a lower level mythic within 24 hours lol.

I STILL dont have Shoulders...or Belt...and about 3 weeks ago didnt even have a top 4 legendary for BM. I have only gotten maybe 2 useful items from mythic weekly cache and maybe 2-3 items from raid cache throughout the ENTIRE expansion.

I do have my share of luck but most of my luck comes from loot being handed to me in raids not be actually being randomly lucky although my helm did proc 915 and cloak 910 for tier but outside that not so much. Im 903 ilvl right now with hardly any mythic gear equiped from NH

EDIT: Same hunter just got upgraded plus socket ilvl helm for tier lol
    Last edited by Nubulous; 2017-04-01 at 01:28 AM.

5 year member here and I did the world boss on all 12 of my 110's and got AP on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM

Month ago i was already at the point of not giving a fuck about loot anymore.
    Rolling Fire Mage at the beginning of the addon, first 3 legs are chest, neck and pvp ring (6 now still no belt), i get 4 month in a row from the weekly chest versility items so i stoped doing mythic +, doing mythic + for Chrono Shard or the Shoulder-Chest 2 set from CoS no fucking chance most time i dont even get loot from 2 chest a mythic, World Quest Trinket is BiS at the start of the addon and for 4 month i dont get the fucking quest (Shock Baton), Boss drops after month the first time 910 items that i need and i bonus roll a 890-900 version of it and so i gave the 910 to a guild mate that need it more.