The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - who hated scaling in this game?

I never finished it, i hated how the world interacted with character progression. Never tried Skyrim or the rest of the series because of the bad taste it put in my mouth.

now...my fav game of all time is bringing this flavour into wow.....i was alright with level scaling knowing at some point in the xpac our ilevel will make up for it ...but this?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    I never finished it, i hated how the world interacted with character progression. Never tried Skyrim or the rest of the series because of the bad taste it put in my mouth.

now...my fav game of all time is bringing this flavour into wow.....i was alright with level scaling knowing at some point in the xpac our ilevel will make up for it ...but this?
    Right? That's a good example of scaling, look at Oblivion people. You want that to be WoW? Soon It'll scale to our achivements or something bizzare. We don't need this kind of bloody scaling, It's really, really bad. And the fact It was nowhere to be seen on a PTR shows how they didn't want us to even try or enjoy It. They're not looking to try new things for us to like. Stubborn corporate pride has taken over and they'll just implement anything they want
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

They've made it pretty clear scaling everything is the future, why make entry level raids when you can copy paste the same raid and play with the numbers. Why create unique or rewarding gear for challenging content when you can just crank up the ilvl on the back end and have everything scale with it. To their credit, there have been good uses, the smoothing of the leveling experience was great. Mythic+ on launch was finally something fun to do in smaller groups that wanted challenging content without the hassle of scheduling raids.

But its just getting sloppy, this isn't something that should have been implemented without testing. If you can lower your time to kill by removing gear, the system is flawed. Its a band-aid solution to the fact they have no idea after all these years how to combat power creep. They managed to balance things well for years before having to resort to the stat squish. And in the relatively short time since, they've managed to make the problem 10x worse than it was pre-squish.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    I never finished it, i hated how the world interacted with character progression.
    So did i, i installed oscuro´s mod, and there you go, a masterpiece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oscuro oblivion overhaul is a must for oblivion.
    Don't sweat the details!!!