Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I crazy or is Avenger's Shield bouncing farther?

Seems like enemies that are about 10-12 yards away use to not get touched by avengers shield before 7.2 are now being hit. Not really a bad thing, it makes picking up stuff a bit easier, but definitely feels easier to aggro neutral stuff while out doing world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Seems like enemies that are about 10-12 yards away use to not get touched by avengers shield before 7.2 are now being hit. Not really a bad thing, it makes picking up stuff a bit easier, but definitely feels easier to aggro neutral stuff while out doing world quests.
    There was a post on the shaman forums mentioning this for Chain Lightning bounces. I think they changed the hitboxes of mobs in regards to chaining/bouncing spells, maybe?

I actually noticed the same thing on my follower Boros. I thought it was just me.

Deleted
    Y definitely feels weird , guildmates laughing at me for pulling more than usual in mythic+ ….

Good job they done , clap clap
    At least it does damage unlike DS …

Once again good job blizz /bow, /clap, /spit

Deleted
    Its DEFINITELY bounces farther... not even a bit, its bouncing way further.

honestly, i really like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Y definitely feels weird , guildmates laughing at me for pulling more than usual in mythic+ ….

Good job they done , clap clap
    At least it does damage unlike DS …

Once again good job blizz /bow, /clap, /spit
    Guess I should've gotten used to children whining childishly as this happens mostly every update of WoW, but I can never really do it.

All bounce moves go a lot farther. Dh Throw Glaive does some beastly shit.

Honestly, I love it. It's a huge dps increase on some fights in m+. On Helya in MoS for example, AS bounces to all her tentacles now off the pull.

Deleted
    The bounce is a bit OTT now though, i mean it bounces miles to mobs you had no intent on pulling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Guess I should've gotten used to children whining childishly as this happens mostly every update of WoW, but I can never really do it.
    Is not about whining m8 , its about unprofessional behaviour from the development team of one of the best and most popular pc games ever. Imagine the whole approach of the development team on this expansion and what it brought along , apply it on a new car model and instead of development team scratching their bellybottoms u would have at least apologies to the customers and measures for those responsible for that bullcrap.

Is not about whining m8 , its about unprofessional behaviour from the development team of one of the best and most popular pc games ever. Imagine the whole approach of the development team on this expansion and what it brought along , apply it on a new car model and instead of development team scratching their bellybottoms u would have at least apologies to the customers and measures for those responsible for that bullcrap.
    Okay, you make little-to-no sense in your first post (all I can understand is you are upset because you were caught off guard with it?)... then make a horrible analogy in your second. Your first post is clearly whining. At least they are making it a bit better than it was, especially for Ele Shaman (it could be toned down a little, since it's super easy to pull extra packs). How is that unprofessional on their part?

i have ninja pulled a few packs in m+ that i didet plan to, by using avengers shield like i used to before patch. so yeah i agree on longer bonces - but well i like it anyway

Before the 7.2 patch shield could doesn't bounce at enemy, standing in 7-9 yards of the target.
    After the 7.2 shield bounce for 20+ yards away of the targetюю Sometimes it leads to additional packs pull.
    Anyway. It is way better than not jumping shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed it when pulling in Mythic+s and definitely didnt expect to pop all my CDs because of one over pull. it was a +14, we almost died

I'm hesitant to say something negative about this change since it is a good change. But I think they may have over done the bounce range. Certain tight pulls have to be pulled with taunt/Judgement until they move a bit closer for an AS. Which makes it so you cannot reliably interrupt casting adds without potentially pulling another pack/pat.

Needless to say I love the spread when I'm not worried about pulling extra mobs. Just wish there could be a happy medium.

Who the fuck cares about "apologies"...? And you want to see "measures" taken against human beings doing their jobs because what, your feelings got hurt over a video game?

Growing up seems to be the task some should undertake here rather than hating on developers of a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep things civil, please.

it seems like a change in regards to how bouncing spells work with hit boxes, because this is much more noticeable with larger mobs. i'm guessing jumps used to measure from the centers of mobs, but now are measuring from the edges of hitboxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Who the fuck cares about "apologies"...? And you want to see "measures" taken against human beings doing their jobs because what, your feelings got hurt over a video game?

Growing up seems to be the task some should undertake here rather than hating on developers of a game.
    Man this is me growing up after playing pc games for more than 2 decades. Being part of the development team of a successful pc game representing a successful company carries responsibility. I think that on some point u stop behaving with an amateur attitude towards your product that targets millions on a global setting. Its not my feelings getting hurt by the development team after presenting a low quality patch service of my favourite pc game. Its more about getting serviced like a mongoloid by a company.
    It is a pc game, could be gums, my cheeseburger not having ketchup in like I ordered it, my iphone app not working, my doctor not doing his work properly or w/e .
    They should take their status quite more seriously and do a proper job when planning on releasing products. If things don't work well (and it is only expected that at some point they will not) they should take the same action that every company that respects itself and the customer would take.

Man this is me growing up after playing pc games for more than 2 decades. Being part of the development team of a successful pc game representing a successful company carries responsibility. I think that on some point u stop behaving with an amateur attitude towards your product that targets millions on a global setting. Its not my feelings getting hurt by the development team after presenting a low quality patch service of my favourite pc game. Its more about getting serviced like a mongoloid by a company.
    It is a pc game, could be gums, my cheeseburger not having ketchup in like I ordered it, my iphone app not working, my doctor not doing his work properly or w/e .
    They should take their status quite more seriously and do a proper job when planning on releasing products. If things don't work well (and it is only expected that at some point they will not) they should take the same action that every company that respects itself and the customer would take.
    Literally, the only thing they should even mention (not even apologize for, imo) is neglecting to inform people in the patch notes that the change was made. But then, a lot people also don't read patch notes that aren't directly listed under the one class they play, so they have zero clue. It was a QOL change, that caught people off guard, that's it. As soon as people noticed/realized the change, it isn't their fault you pull a pack poorly. Otherwise, they owe a TON of apologies to everyone from extra packs pulling in Vanilla and TBC.

No apologies are due from a buff to multiple classes that doesn't break the game. To expect one is silly.