Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    D&G is the "new" golden trait, which boosts the instant damage part of Odyn, and should help a ton with the aoe burst requirements. Boots are nice for this fight, and the helm is the best dps legendary you could have.

You just won't have the buffer bracers or prydaz might offer you, but they're just that : a buffer if you fuck something up, by no means are they mandatory

You may have seen mention of the grontooth trinket too, it's the heirloom trinket you were able to farm in WoD, that deals a shitton of damage against demons (100% of agatha fight is demons, so ... yeah). I don't think you can farm this anymore tho.

Can't think of any more pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    D&G is the "new" golden trait, which boosts the instant damage part of Odyn, and should help a ton with the aoe burst requirements. Boots are nice for this fight, and the helm is the best dps legendary you could have.

You just won't have the buffer bracers or prydaz might offer you, but they're just that : a buffer if you fuck something up, by no means are they mandatory

You may have seen mention of the grontooth trinket too, it's the heirloom trinket you were able to farm in WoD, that deals a shitton of damage against demons (100% of agatha fight is demons, so ... yeah). I don't think you can farm this anymore tho.

Can't think of any more pieces.
    Thanks! I suppose I can start trying now thanks for the info.
    Top 100.

I did it with 899 ilvl and 47 traits, Arcanocrystal(860) and Terrorbound Nexus(880), Neck and Wrists
    Here is a vid: youtube.com/watch?v=N5qUioVIxdA

Deleted
    Did last time MT was up;

896 eq with 45 traits
    WW belt + Prydaz
    885 Memento + 875 CoF
    War Machine, Shockwave, Wrecking Ball, Furious Charge, Frothing Berserker, Inner Rage, Reckelss Abandon

Key points;

- Save BC + OF for caster imps spawns, you can cleave down a fuming + the 2 healer dicks at the same time
    - The entire thing isn't a DPS race, you can take as long as you want
    - Position the fuming imps (or kill them, whatever) in a place that doesn't hinder you AT ALL

Fun fact:

If you time it so she teleports just as she spawns more healer adds and you spend your time killing them instead of running straight to her, she can spawn caster adds inside the back wall... It's great fun because your WW + OF can't hit them and you will die )))))

Deleted

To Kill An: AGATHA (TKA Guide) Mage Tower Artifact Challenge

Are you tired of banging your head against your keyboard and burning through all your precious Nethershards attempting Agatha for the Artifact Challenge?
    Then Ben has the video for you with his first TKA (To Kill A) Guide looking in depth at the tactics and mechanics for Agatha from the Mage Tower Challenge!

(FURY WARRIOR focused, but useful to all)

https://youtu.be/aamAYrkvjbk
    Last edited by mmoce0ac1ebbfd; 2017-05-10 at 10:20 AM.

Nice video, makes it looks so easy

Last time mage tower was up for EU, i decided to give it some goes as i just had some upgrades.
    Only gotten about 20 tries in, but managed 35%-ish percent as best try before chaos took over. P1 is pretty clear now, just gotta learn P2 a bit, when adds come etc. Boulders werent a problem so far.

I heard some mentioning that command center buff works in the challenge as well. gonna keep an eye on that
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie30 View Post
    Are you tired of banging your head against your keyboard and burning through all your precious Nethershards attempting Agatha for the Artifact Challenge?
    Then Ben has the video for you with his first TKA (To Kill A) Guide looking in depth at the tactics and mechanics for Agatha from the Mage Tower Challenge!

(FURY WARRIOR focused, but useful to all)

https://youtu.be/aamAYrkvjbk
    Thank you for this guide mate.
    Could you please share with us what addon are you using for Rampage/Fronting Berserker?
    Im using TMW now, but I like your rampage more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Nice video, makes it looks so easy

Last time mage tower was up for EU, i decided to give it some goes as i just had some upgrades.
    Only gotten about 20 tries in, but managed 35%-ish percent as best try before chaos took over. P1 is pretty clear now, just gotta learn P2 a bit, when adds come etc. Boulders werent a problem so far.

I heard some mentioning that command center buff works in the challenge as well. gonna keep an eye on that
    Haha, didn't feel that way at the time! I had more attempt then I'm willing to admit to bring her down
    35 isn't bad at all! Yeah P1 isn't too bad to get used to, it's just when the boulders and teleporting comes into play that it can start to get a bit much and chaotic, but if you're finding the boulders easy to deal with, thats one of the potentially hardest/most annoying mechanics dealt with.

Tower will be back up in the next day or so, keep it up and you'll get there!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    Thank you for this guide mate.
    Could you please share with us what addon are you using for Rampage/Fronting Berserker?
    Im using TMW now, but I like your rampage more
    You're very welcome! hope it has helped.
    Ah yeah, its a custom Weak Aura i made for my rampage/frothing, can give you the String to import it if you wanted to use it? Thinking of making a video on the add ons I use and have made if you think that might be something people would be interested in?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah Noctus I think it can yeah, were a few attempt i head where I randomly had meteors fall from the sky and wrecked the imps! Had no idea where they came from so must have been that I assume.
    Last edited by mmoce0ac1ebbfd; 2017-05-10 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completed fury as Troll with 893.75 E-ilvl (w/ gronntooth and 4pc), 910 A-ilvl (3 BC relics), 43 AR (1 extra point in BC), with Prydaz and Naj'entus. I also used Spiced Wildfowl Omelette du fromage since Blizzard made no effort to disable it, although I don't think it helps much unless you already have low haste (ie sub 30%). The boost from War Machine is far more noticeable.

It's an endurance test for the most part. The video someone posted is good enough strategy. I'll just post my personal experience.

1. Don't waste time dpsing fulming imps, just go an edge and drop it if you can. The puddle does negligible damage and only serves to make dodging harder.
    2. Do not panic and waste pummel. Use shockwave instead or other silence/stun on healing imps.
    3. Don't rely on intimidating shout once she starts teleporting. You still need to kill the healing imps when neither Shield nor Umbral imps are up at all times.
    4. Take extra effort to dodge boulders. You can't afford to get hit as it can make or break an attempt.
    5. Save second pot for emergency shield break during teleport phase. You save drums for execute phase but it's better wait for a shield to pop it then ham.

Having at least one piece of gear with passive leech is very helpful, but don't go out of your way to equip it.

I knew this challenge was by far the easiest of the three and I didn't care for the mog. I wanted to get the prot skin first and do this after. Took too many attempts because I wasn't paying enough attention to boulders or panicked and wasted pummel.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-05-11 at 07:41 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Completed fury as Troll with 893.75 E-ilvl (w/ gronntooth and 4pc), 910 A-ilvl (3 BC relics), 43 AR (1 extra point in BC), with Prydaz and Naj'entus. I also used Spiced Wildfowl Omelette du fromage since Blizzard made no effort to disable it, although I don't think it helps much unless you already have low haste (ie sub 30%). The boost from War Machine is far more noticeable.

It's an endurance test for the most part. The video someone posted is good enough strategy. I'll just post my personal experience.

1. Don't waste time dpsing fulming imps, just go an edge and drop it if you can. The puddle does negligible damage and only serves to make dodging harder.
    2. Do not panic and waste pummel. Use shockwave instead or other silence/stun on healing imps.
    3. Don't rely on intimidating shout once she starts teleporting. You still need to kill the healing imps when neither Shield nor Umbral imps are up at all times.
    4. Take extra effort to dodge boulders. You can't afford to get hit as it can make or break an attempt.
    5. Save second pot for emergency shield break during teleport phase. You save drums for execute phase but it's better wait for a shield to pop it then ham.

Having at least one piece of gear with passive leech is very helpful, but don't go out of your way to equip it.

I knew this challenge was by far the easiest of the three and I didn't care for the mog. I wanted to get the prot skin first and do this after. Took too many attempts because I wasn't paying enough attention to boulders or panicked and wasted pummel.
    Good list yeah, go over a lot of these points in the video aha but very much agree with the extra effort towards boulder dodging and watching your pummels.
    When I was learning the fight I set up a focus frame the i made pretty huge so I could easily keep an eye on Agath'a energy levels so i knew if it was safe to use pummel early or not, I found that as long as you use it before she hits around 90% energy, you're safe.

And yeah, intimidating shout I stopped using completely in the end, didn't like the fact that it could really spread the adds out

Deleted
    You're very welcome! hope it has helped.
    Ah yeah, its a custom Weak Aura i made for my rampage/frothing, can give you the String to import it if you wanted to use it? Thinking of making a video on the add ons I use and have made if you think that might be something people would be interested in?
    Thank you
    Definitely, i would use it.
    Don't think i will be able to do that or something similar in TMW, and im not that skilled in WA.

Also UI video might be nice. There is always something that can be improved.
    Probably you can share that under this fat demon lady guide for other ppl.

I only have tried 10 times, and with the grontooth am at 901 Ilvl. Was not planning on trying again until higher ilvl.

However i got najentus yesterday so decided to give it a try... THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE MAKER. 2nd try got her to 3% and blew my BC at 10% to try and nuke her and then got imps/shield and had nothing to get them all down and died... was sad. I should have just continued as is and would have had it.

Anyways it was raid time so I will get it after work if it is still up in NA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    Thank you
    Definitely, i would use it.
    Don't think i will be able to do that or something similar in TMW, and im not that skilled in WA.

Also UI video might be nice. There is always something that can be improved.
    Probably you can share that under this fat demon lady guide for other ppl.
    true yeah, I'll look into doing that got quite a few custom add ons that a lot of people seem interested in

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    I only have tried 10 times, and with the grontooth am at 901 Ilvl. Was not planning on trying again until higher ilvl.

However i got najentus yesterday so decided to give it a try... THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE MAKER. 2nd try got her to 3% and blew my BC at 10% to try and nuke her and then got imps/shield and had nothing to get them all down and died... was sad. I should have just continued as is and would have had it.

Anyways it was raid time so I will get it after work if it is still up in NA.
    aww man that sucks, I did the exact same thing on an attempt thats why in the video I put so much emphasis on saving BC/OF solely for the adds. It's the worst feeling then you get that close and lose it just because of one mistake, hate it >.<

Trying mage tower again, but it's given me much more bad attempts right now.
    Imp's spawning in P1 so spread out, that my OF barely hit them all, but they are well out of reach of my whirlwind
    Or the fuming add that either has problems getting in collision with you, ends up blowing up in weird spot. or spawning on top of me
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Deleted
    Did this on my warrior alt today:

891 equipped
    Trinkets: 880 Terror-bound nexus and Heirloom Trinket.
    4pc
    43 traits
    Spiced wildfowl omelet
    Legos were angry-hat and crafted belt

In total it took 6 tries.
    Would like to Thank Archie30 for his guide.

Deleted
    Trying mage tower again, but it's given me much more bad attempts right now.
    Imp's spawning in P1 so spread out, that my OF barely hit them all, but they are well out of reach of my whirlwind
    Or the fuming add that either has problems getting in collision with you, ends up blowing up in weird spot. or spawning on top of me
    That such a pain when that happens, just bad RNG, best way to deal with them when that happens is just to work of the imp priority list, always aim to hit the umbrals even if its means missing the others. Get them out the way, then smouldering, then servants.
    As for the fuming, make sure you're running directly through them when you want to trigger them and if you see them spawn on you there are 2 things you can do, either move as fast as you can away from them, or if they are triggered in the wrong spot, what you can do is use shockwave on them, this resets them and they will start to chase you again so you can re position them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    Did this on my warrior alt today:

891 equipped
    Trinkets: 880 Terror-bound nexus and Heirloom Trinket.
    4pc
    43 traits
    Spiced wildfowl omelet
    Legos were angry-hat and crafted belt

In total it took 6 tries.
    Would like to Thank Archie30 for his guide.

gtz dudikof!
    No worries, hope it helped!

Got it done today! 894ilvl equipped, Trinkets were DoS and Heirloom and legendarys Najentus and Prydaz.
    After a lot of tries trying to outdps the heal of the servant imps, decided to just focus them when there was none other imps around and also let the fuming imps explode on the side of the scenario near the fel water. Phase 1 went smooth after this and phase 2 was just trying to time better when to use the drums so I could nuke her asap and evading all the boulders (1 was a sneaky bastard and hit me xD). Also thanks Archie30 and Archimtiros for the tips on their video guides
    Btw it seems that sometimes the pummel on agatha after we destroy the shield gets buggy and does not interrupts the Dark Fury ability. Got me triggered a lot xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordA8 View Post
    Got it done today! 894ilvl equipped, Trinkets were DoS and Heirloom and legendarys Najentus and Prydaz.
    After a lot of tries trying to outdps the heal of the servant imps, decided to just focus them when there was none other imps around and also let the fuming imps explode on the side of the scenario near the fel water. Phase 1 went smooth after this and phase 2 was just trying to time better when to use the drums so I could nuke her asap and evading all the boulders (1 was a sneaky bastard and hit me xD). Also thanks Archie30 and Archimtiros for the tips on their video guides
    Btw it seems that sometimes the pummel on agatha after we destroy the shield gets buggy and does not interrupts the Dark Fury ability. Got me triggered a lot xD
    good job man!
    Yep, the fact that we're melee and she turns with us means that there is a chance of her blocking our interrupt which is the worst thing ever >.< especially when you're having a great run. Had two in a row on me once so the dark fury damage was hitting silly numbers of stacks.

good job man!
    Yep, the fact that we're melee and she turns with us means that there is a chance of her blocking our interrupt which is the worst thing ever >.< especially when you're having a great run. Had two in a row on me once so the dark fury damage was hitting silly numbers of stacks.
    That's a bug; interrupts are not meant to be avoidable.

Deleted
    finally did it with 891 equipped. unfortunately we didn't have the command center buff in eu, so i put in around 60 attempts in it and actually won after only 2 attempts as soon as i unlocked the forth golden trait.

used all the buffs and talents everyone else used.
    gronntooth + 860 mastery stick.
    angry-hat + prydaz (the hat helped me a lot with damage actually, belt probably would have been better, but i don't have it)

killed the healing imps until execute phase (kept one of them alive a little longer to get higher war machine uptime). execute phase was over quite fast so it was enough to just cc the 5 imps, that survived the odyn's fury burst, and zerg down agatha.

armory