Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why would people even try to engage with you on an intellectual level, when you already stated that he proved it isn't real? Your mind is clearly made up, so any contradictory evidence that has been in existence and readily available for years has already been ignored and dismissed by you. Your title alone displays that you are not looking for any actual discourse, and that you are nothing more than a zealot with confirmation bias. No thanks.
    Ad honomin.

But you are entitled to your opinion.

Deleted
    Let's see.

Admitting global warming is real. Consequences: large poluters lose money because they have to take measures to reduce emissions.

Not admitting global warming is real. Consequences: who cares!? we'll all be dead by the time the real shit starts happening in 50-100 years.

Yep, second option it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraxx View Post
    Ad honomin.

But you are entitled to your opinion.
    My opinion is that someone created a second account just to post bullshit threads with misleading titles. Am I right?

You can't debunk what has been proven with facts. Global warming is a reality. The cause this time is most likely burning fossil fuels (the data shows a direct correlation) but you could debate that. You can't debate the fact that there is a global warming happening. That is a reality. You can measure it. You can already see the effects. The only thing we can debate is the reason. Some say it's a coincident that it started to accelerate once we used fossil fuel, others say the burning of fossil fuel is the main reason. No matter your stance on the reason, the warming itself is real.

Let's play devils advocate and say: The whole global warming is a natural thing, additional CO2 from burning fossil fuel had no effect on it at all. What burning fossil fuel definitely does is to pollute the air and the smoke creates health problems. China has massive health problems related to smog and polluted air. So it is a good idea to replace burning stuff with clean energy, just to stay healthy. Think about this comic long and hard:

You can't breath money. Profits don't stop lung cancer.

Think about the health of your kids.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2017-04-03 at 12:00 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Ah, again, the good old ''everyone lies, everyone is the conspiracy, except this guy which is not a liar, cause he is on my side''

AKA, Wakefield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    My opinion is that someone created a second account just to post bullshit threads with misleading titles. Am I right?
    I admitted my title was a mistake.

Why do you think this thread is 'bullshit'?

Is it because I made a mistake, or because you have an argument to counter what the Lord is saying here?

If so, what is your counterargument less the ad honomins please.

everything we've learned is fake
    hit & run posting lol

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I thought most deniers had jumped to the "climate change is real but we've had no/little effect on it".
    Actually it's more a case of man made climate change believers can't manage to counter the man made climate change skeptics arguments so just call them deniers as that was they can ignore/ridicule them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ah, again, the good old ''everyone lies, everyone is the conspiracy, except this guy which is not a liar, cause he is on my side''

AKA, Wakefield.
    What is your counterargument?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    You can't debunk what has been proven with facts. Global warming is a reality. The cause this time is most likely burning fossil fuels (the data shows a direct correlation) but you could debate that. You can't debate the fact that there is a global warming happening. That is a reality. You can measure it. You can already see the effects. The only thing we can debate is the reason. Some say it's a coincident that it started to accelerate once we used fossil fuel, others say the burning of fossil fuel is the main reason. No matter your stance on the reason, the warming itself is real.

The Lord also has an argument against this graph too.

I admitted my title was a mistake.

Why do you think this thread is 'bullshit'?

Is it because I made a mistake, or because you have an argument to counter what the Lord is saying here?

If so, what is your counterargument less the ad honomins please.
    The thread is bullshit, because your title is clickbait. It really is that simple. If you had any respect for yourself, you would walk away until it got changed.

We have known for years that some climate data was exaggerated. That is not new information. So, the video is not groundbreaking in any way. The world is still trending warmer, and has been for decades. Since your title is complete bullshit, and was designed as clickbait (you chose what to say), you are also exaggerating. You are literally doing the exact same thing you are trying to highlight.

Why would you create a second account just to push clickbait bullshit? Did you not think you were going to get called out for it? Change your title, then we can talk.

It's completely useless to argue here. The OP have been convinced that the entire world except ''duh smurt people'' is in a gigantic conspiracy. No amount of arguments will change his opinion-he have been trained by his sites to casually dismiss them as LULZ THEY ARE STOOPID SHEEPLE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    It's a rather curious position i may say. why accept only part of the conclusion? If scientists are right on part A, what argument do you have for them to be wrong on part B. Not saying everything should be accepted at face value, but it certainly owed to be examined seriously, especially if part of their claims revealed to be true.

I am no climatologist, i merely am a chemist, i will never pretend to understand the climate science, i could if i take the time, but i CBA. What i know is the scientific methodology of theory and experimentation for one, and the system of peer reviewed scientific publication.

If climate change was in fact a hoax, it would have thoroughly be debunked and refuted by the scientific community, the fact that so many experts agrees is actually is frightening, either the thing is real or the humanity have the climate science completely wrong.

In all honesty, i feel vaguely concerned and i am in favor of endeavor aimed to understand and reduce global warming, but not at the drastic level. I will not be an activist regarding climate change but i can spare a few bucks here and there in favor to climate research.

The effect of climate change will probably not affect the planet while i am living. It's more like what earth will we give to the future generation.
    It's not that I only accept part of the conclusion and only care for half of it.

I'm just saying that - yes, Global Warming exists, but it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. So while we should try and prevent it from getting worse, it's not like we have to do it ASAP and just try to slowly move towards better stuff, and when we've found a good solution - rather than coming up with ideas to force it right away.

And just look at some of the silly 'green' inventions on kickstarter... the solar panel roads? LOTS of money was put into it - and they can't even get a very small part of it, not even the size of a room, to work. Not to mention they brought false advertisements to it. Use lights to display things on the road straight away? Or show parking lots? Good luck being visible during daytime. And good luck getting any energy during winter time (north countries tend to have very few hours of sun, not to mention all that snow). Or when it's just too dirty. Or rain which does mess it up, too.

I think I might've gone a tad bit off-topic but it's still related to 'green' energy - we don't have the proper tools to replace all the bad stuff yet. So let's not change until we actually have something that really works. Wind and Water energy is just not going to be enough to replace everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It's completely useless to argue here. The OP have been convinced that the entire world except ''duh smurt people'' is in a gigantic conspiracy. No amount of arguments will change his opinion-he have been trained by his sites to casually dismiss them as LULZ THEY ARE STOOPID SHEEPLE.
    No. I am happy to debate with people provided they have an actual argument to counter what the Lord is saying in his presentation. The many ad honomin fallacies posted by other users as an attempt to undermine me, rather than the actual content (argument) as presented by the Lord, do not count as a valid argument.

I have not, so far, had any counterargument.

Do you have any argument to counter what the Lord is saying in his presentation, rather than nit picking over semantics (which, if the Lord is correct, become irrelevant)?
    Well you adjusted your title so you felt it was warranted. Asking you to be clear in the statement you are trying to make isn't 'semantics'.
    Past that I don't see the point in trying to argue. There's an avalanche of climate data widely and easily available to everyone. At this point people have already chosen the narrative they are going to believe and will seek out evidence that supports it and hand-wave away anything which counters their preconceptions. There's so much out there, and has been for years, supporting every side of the debate that at this point its basically a conscious choice of "This is the side I have decided to agree with because its what I want to believe."

The fact alone that the debate is revolving around "The temperature is going to change by X! No, the temperature is going to change by Y!" is amusing in and of itself, given the relatively small change in average global temperature now compared to during an ice age. It doesn't take much. And, given that climate change is pretty demonstrably proven to be a naturally occurring cycle, its going to happen regardless of who is pointing fingers at who, and whether you agree that we are affecting the rate (which is the primary contemporary argument around climate change) or not.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Actually it's more a case of man made climate change believers can't manage to counter the man made climate change skeptics arguments so just call them deniers as that was they can ignore/ridicule them.
    Since all those scientists and evidence that counter the deniers claims don't count...
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

No. I am happy to debate with people provided they have an actual argument to counter what the Lord is saying in his presentation. The many ad honomin fallacies posted by other users as an attempt to undermine me, rather than the actual content (argument) as presented by the Lord, do not count as a valid argument.

You are the one who posted a bullshit title, and you knew what you were doing. Once you fix that, then the discussion can begin. Until then... you will continue to be called out for it. Petition a moderator to change your bullshit title.

Now that we're on the honesty train, I have a question for you. Did you create a second account, just for this? Did you create the title just for clickbait purposes?

Of course. You are aware that all conspiracy pedlers use the same tricks ? Saying ''I want to hear a real argument'' (while casually dismissing every argument as a lie) was old in the time of Socrates.

I don't think anybody is going to watch long YouTube videos, instead make a short list of his claims and evidence here and you'll get more counter arguments/evidence.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

What is your counterargument?
    - - - Updated - - -
    The Lord also has an argument against this graph too.
    No he hasn't. He agrees that additional greenhouse gas increases the temperature and then says "but I don't believe their data" without any facts or own data. His personal opinion has no meaning at all without data to back up his claims. What an idiot. "Here are facts" "I don't believe the facts, now listen to my personal fantasy and believe that instead". He thinks we are just in a warming period and all this is happening naturally. I already said what you should consider if you believe this. Burning fossil fuel is still bad for your health, no matter how warm or cold the earth is. For that reason alone we should stop doing that.

All this won't be relevant in a few years anyway.
    Listen to this collection of facts. We will all go solar and green, even those who love coal and oil burning now. Why? It will be way cheaper. So even if you LOOOVE burning coal and LOOOVE driving a dirty car and LOOOVE pipelines all this will stop when it stops making financial sense. We used to hunt whales, thousands of them every year to get whale oil. Once petroleum based fuel and electricity was invented this stopped to make sense and nobody is using whale oil to have light in their homes. Same will happen with the fossil fuels in then next decades.

Last edited by Kryos; 2017-04-03 at 12:13 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I love this part

"Christopher Monckton is a British consultant, policy adviser, writer, columnist, and hereditary peer. While not formally trained in science, Monckton"