Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Do you get reputation for completing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Alright, instead of saying you beat it how about listing pointers? Currently I'm running into issues of either the mob going CC immune or something, or it'll randomly break even though nothing is even close to it. Shouldn't also have to need to rely on a single talent to help with the encounter and should be more centered around the toolkit itself.
    Using Repentance is not the correct way to handle that mechanic imo. See, the way Blood of the Father works, is that it's a 3 second cast that applies a buff, and while the boss has that buff she pulses for damage if she's active. Keeping her CC'd for the entire buff duration is what Repentance does.

If you CC the boss during the cast instead of during the buff, she will not recast it till she empowers herself again. Hammer of Justice is your tool for this. Simply wait till she starts casting, HoJ, and you're done. No messy CC to work around.

Furthermore, I found BoP to be incredibly useful on this fight. BoP is your get out of jail free card in case you mess up the positioning and have to run through the melee boss while he's enraged or you get him to bladestorm in the middle of the room while you're trying to stomp runes.

For the most part, the bosses don't hit that hard, and the healing from Divine Storm and your two blessings should sustain you between orbs. There's a couple parts of the fight where orbs don't come out for awhile, and less geared rets may need to use Shield of Vengeance to get through those times.

If you do everything right you should be able to survive. The one thing that your gear may gate you off from is breaking the caster boss's shield. You may end up needing to stagger cooldowns for that. If you're really desperate to make the damage check consistently, run two on use trinkets like Horn of Valor and Faulty Countermeasure. Alternate wings and your trinkets as necessary for the shield, and always make sure that you have Wake of Ashes up for it with at least a few holy power ready to start bursting him. That's assuming you're having issues with the dps check.

If you got the dps check under control, it's all about surviving and doing mechanics.

At about 6 minutes in, most mechanics just stop and as far as I saw all that happens is the caster boss gets empowered repeatedly.

I would really recommend Divine Hammer, because they share healthpools and that will allow you to finish the fight a lot faster, especially once you get to the 6 minute mark and you're spending most of your time dpsing through a shield.

Lastly, if you're still having issues dying to their regular damage, I would swap in any gear that you can that gives leech. Also, Judgement of Light.

Completed on Assassination rogue earlier after about 10 attempts.

• Sigryn hits for minor melee damage (200-300k) and has a small knockback on occasion. She casts an ability that gives her a pulsing AoE that hits the entire fight area and must be CC'd during this. Some people are saying you can simply stun the cast (Kidney Shot it) but I simply used Blind on her so I could save the Kidney Shot cooldown for Jarl Velbrand. As long as she is CC'd the damage from the buff will not hit you, even if the cast gets off. She throws spears at you that leave green crap on the ground that does a fair amount of damage if you stand in it, but if you try and keep them near the edges of the circle and move them together it's not a big deal. Letting these pile in the center of the room and having to clear runes later can take its toll on a long fight like this.
    • Jarl Velbrand hits for minor melee damage (300-400k) and has two notable abilities when Empowered by Sigryn. He gains a large damage buff (500% IIRC) but becomes slower so he's easily kited. If you don't think you need Leeching Poison for this, Crippling Posion makes this ability completely trivial for you. His second is Bladestorm which pulls you toward him and does heavy damage if you get into melee range of him. This is pretty easily avoided as well, the pull isn't very strong.
    • Runeseer Faljar chain casts Shadowbolts that hit for minor damage (90-100k) and that's really about it. He spawns sets of three runes on the ground which must be run across to disarm them; they shrink in size and once they disappear do roughly 3 million damage as shadow damage, so this can be avoided with Cloak of Shadows if you don't think you'll need it for anything else later. His Empowered ability from Sigryn puts a shield on him for 5 million HP and he starts a 20 second cast. The completion of this cast does heavy damage (1 shot, generally) so it's imperative that it get interrupted. To buy a few extra seconds of DPS without taking the damage from his Shadowbolts, minor as it is, I let him continue the cast even after breaking the shield and only interrupted at the last second whenever possible.

That's a rough breakdown of their overall abilities. There are a few other things to note as well:

• Val'kyr walls are important! They're basically a one shot mechanic and function similar to Cordana's walls in Vault of the Wardens. They're easy to avoid but keep your head on a swivel because these come out during other abilities as well and missing these was my one biggest factor in probably 5 of my deaths to this. Even surviving them with Cheat Death in my early attempts made it nearly impossible to recover my HP and continue the fight and I died shortly after every single time.
    • The Will of Valeera legendary is excellent for this fight if you have it available. You don't generally get a whole lot of mileage out of other popular legendaries like Mantle of the Master Assassin, and the large heals from Will of Valeera can make this fight much easier.
    • Insignia of Ravenholdt is another strong legendary for this. You can generally keep them grouped together and they're a more traditional "Council" style fight where the three of them share health. This legendary can multiply your Mutilate damage heavily and causes it to do a lot more damage to the overall health pool than not having it. Definitely recommended if available as well.
    • Talent choices: I personally used a 1131221 talent build to do this. Agonizing Poison was working fine as well, I just happened to kill it while testing it with Alacrity. Since I didn't have a Prydaz or Will of Valeera available on my rogue, I chose Leeching Poison over Cheat Death because all of the one-shot mechanics are completely avoidable and I needed some sustain outside of just Crimson Vial, which I learned the hard way after a few attempts while I was slowly whittled down to nothing.
    • My overall gear level at the time of doing this was 899. I had 4P tier, Convergence of Fates and Nightblooming Frond equipped as well as the Insignia of Ravenholdt and Mantle of the Master Assassin legendaries. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trike/advanced for any who are interested.
    • Edit: Would also highly recommend turning on your in-game sound if you do not play with it on normally. I wasn't always aware that one of them that was at range from me was starting an ability because of the amount of things to watch for, so hearing it audibly helped me through the fight because they use certain emotes when becoming empowered.

Overall I found this pretty easy to do, the other assassination rogue in my guild completed it in about 20 attempts as well. It felt pretty undertuned overall (especially after attempting the Affliction warlock one where I basically insta-died the second I stopped moving at all) but still reasonable. Awareness is much more important for this challenge than overall class mastery however, which was very disappointing. There was nothing in particular that required me to be a rogue for this; I could have completed the same challenge on other characters just as easily and it was more about getting the important interrupt and avoiding one shot mechanics than anything else.

Something to note as well is that it may be slightly bugged; after getting the group of them to the point where Sigryn was about 35-40% HP (completing it is when she hits 20%) some abilities stopped happening. For me, the Bladestorm and Empowerment on Jarl Velbrand stopped happening and Runeseer Valjar started chain casting his 5 million HP shield and 20 second cast against me. While this was a bit stressful because it required a large amount of damage to break constantly, it wasn't particularly threatening because I have good damage. Lower item level players may struggle if this happens to them. The other rogue in my guild said a similar thing happened to him except it was Jarl Velbrand's Bladestorm that kept chain-casting which made it difficulty for him to DPS during it. For both of us, during these events Sigryn stopped casting her Blood of the Father ability (the pulsing AoE) and the alternate add (Velbrand for me, Valjar for him) basically just auto attacked or sat there casting the mild damage Shadowbolts but we still had runes on the ground and the Val'kyr walls to contest with. I tweeted this to Celestalon earlier this evening but did not receive any response or confirmation.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2017-04-04 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Using Repentance is not the correct way to handle that mechanic imo. See, the way Blood of the Father works, is that it's a 3 second cast that applies a buff, and while the boss has that buff she pulses for damage if she's active. Keeping her CC'd for the entire buff duration is what Repentance does.

If you CC the boss during the cast instead of during the buff, she will not recast it till she empowers herself again. Hammer of Justice is your tool for this. Simply wait till she starts casting, HoJ, and you're done. No messy CC to work around.

Furthermore, I found BoP to be incredibly useful on this fight. BoP is your get out of jail free card in case you mess up the positioning and have to run through the melee boss while he's enraged or you get him to bladestorm in the middle of the room while you're trying to stomp runes.

For the most part, the bosses don't hit that hard, and the healing from Divine Storm and your two blessings should sustain you between orbs. There's a couple parts of the fight where orbs don't come out for awhile, and less geared rets may need to use Shield of Vengeance to get through those times.

If you do everything right you should be able to survive. The one thing that your gear may gate you off from is breaking the caster boss's shield. You may end up needing to stagger cooldowns for that. If you're really desperate to make the damage check consistently, run two on use trinkets like Horn of Valor and Faulty Countermeasure. Alternate wings and your trinkets as necessary for the shield, and always make sure that you have Wake of Ashes up for it with at least a few holy power ready to start bursting him. That's assuming you're having issues with the dps check.

If you got the dps check under control, it's all about surviving and doing mechanics.

At about 6 minutes in, most mechanics just stop and as far as I saw all that happens is the caster boss gets empowered repeatedly.

I would really recommend Divine Hammer, because they share healthpools and that will allow you to finish the fight a lot faster, especially once you get to the 6 minute mark and you're spending most of your time dpsing through a shield.

Lastly, if you're still having issues dying to their regular damage, I would swap in any gear that you can that gives leech. Also, Judgement of Light.
    I did it with repentance and saved HoJ for the enrage add. I think Repentance is better to use because of the range it has, at some points of the fight things can get a bit hectic with multiple mechanics happening at the same time, so if you run without repentance and dont manage to stun her before she gets the cast off its GG, otherwise repentance will still keep her under if she does get the cast off.

Edit: Proof http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h%C3%BD/simple

903 equiped

Deleted
    Was finally able to beat this, with 905 equipped and alot of help from Xenocitic's Video.
    I didn't find Quin's try helpful because his was pretty much chaotic.#

I failed to use proper legendarys because I lack Sephuz.
    I went for my standard raid gear of cloak/belt + CoF + a 885 Crit statstick, and the Guide-mentioned talent build. The sustain from JV really helped.

It felt as if you had to play through the early part where Sigryn does her empower / Jarl does his Rage thing several times, then mid-fight everything went pretty chaotic as all happend at the same time, and as soon as "soft enrage" shield came in more and more often all I had to deal with was the shield and the valkyrs which calmed alot down for me.

I was able to complete the enhance challenge with prydaz neck and legendary chest, I suggest healing rain, I was only 894 equipped, after your learn the strat it's fairly simple, good luck guys

Completed this as enhance in around 13 attempts (lost a few to internet boss). For ret, mage, rogue, and shaman, the long CC makes this fight MUCH easier. I followed the video guide above but will detail out what I did. Started the pull by dragging Sigryn to the middle of the room and hexing her there. Went over and cleaved the other two for a little while. Used earthbind/earthgrab totems to kite the melee add during enrage. The most difficult part of this encounter is making sure the perma CC on Sigryn doesn't DR. The way to do it is by letting the CC go for the full minute, cleave them all together for about 20 seconds, dragging her back into the middle of the room away from where you're fighting the other two, and CC for the full minute again. In my kill, she never even started to cast blood of the father. If you can manage to time your CC correctly, this fight is only about kiting during in enrage, breaking the shield for interrupt, hitting runes, and running out of whirlwind, which are all pretty easy. Since Sigryn was CCd for the majority of the fight, I think I only got like 3 valkyr waves. I recommend using whatever healing legendaries/talents you have since the encounter is much easier if you make it through the first 50% or so. Burning them down isn't really a viable tactic for this one. All about outlasting mechanics. I don't think Demo has long CC like the other 4...so I think it would probably be much harder for them, but still definitely doable with shadowfury I suppose.

first we cant keep her cc all the time
    second if u are breaking is because somehow u are hitting her so figure out how u doing it cause she wont break herself out

- - - Updated - - -

dps checks arent that high as for the healing yeah u have to heal and that is why u go justificar's vengeance but it is not like they slap u 3 times and u die lol

Deleted
    894 Rogue here. As long as you have good awareness, and you pop heals at the correct time, saving energy/burst for the 5m shield you'll be fine. Don't be scared, get in there and reap the rewards!

Deleted
    Any tricks on dealing with the shield while he is on the green goop? I know you can slowly move him otherwise. My 2 tries when I got to the "they do nothing" phase were thwarted due to that. There is also the Valkyriespawn which is annoying but that's complete RNG I believe.
    Retpally 894, no set, Prydaz/Sephuz. I know better gear will definitely help, but it's doable I think.

905 Assassination Rogue. Wasn't too bad. Here is a weakaura to better track everything (helped me at least).

Code:
    dmK9raqivQ4tuO0SOkP6wQu2LIOAyufhJcwMe1ZeHPjfxtcBti(MIACQKZbsDpvQ6GkclKIQhsvQjsvsUifYgPO8rq  sJKQeNurQvQikVuiPMPiYnLi7uP6NIOgkvjLLkK6PqtLsxLcfzRcj5RuOOoRqI9s(RuAWsLdlyXuO6XI0Kb1Lr2mv1  NvvJgeNgy1kI8Akuy2s62IA3QYVvXWfQLRKNtLPJ66kSDkY3bjgVIKZRuwVkvA)svldYkmiRyHoHLN8et(LWSqyHWY  kmKYatKDb(FAv6atA)MbpcDu13RDapwOnzVMqie4dHLzfqpFfjrr55RYLnKWqz5FRPry9eGLvihQ0JLvyEuzGSIfle  g47dshvEtwH5rLbYkwSW1PsYkmpQmqwXIfgBkMdv6XYkmpQmqwXIf6hszW5jRW8OYazflw4WrTP1GZjJlCfsjzfMhv  giRyXIfUOp48SBXKq4Txids)RZiwinvC4btWYCHayHi413zmpHqOaGziYS5enE84XZvednxZg80i)Bnje(gz7c8)0Y  PDdcHbUjnEPmWejmuRc3s233rS2tmByYJaD5RzdEGoXCHyHPYQDdYk0)8yeCxs7ffcHbU4AyZstXcnpPP39Q(oCAOg  Du2fgszGjYUa)pTkDGjTFZGhHGhGBtp54kXeS2nimKYGZZjRqFWd4GiRq4tB6WXNSmUyXcHbUjnEPmWejmuRc5f4)P  LScHhRadopHZcZKZf(u7jMwb(SeE)9ctho(KBHaGjHmitWc5TysizIESWHJADNXkL2dzsgxizIESqVHe4(UsKZf(KW  m5CHpj0cH67IpqHw9Dh)(U8wFNFGHqlJ113z865a335xpqX13XqwNXhsFxMUJWHJAZKZf(Kmx44rMOhlKbzcw4WrTz  Y5cFYUftYCHzY5cFYUftc92ltyBlHqTTuY7O1OOBJIrjLKyHayHMxbp4(oe8xBpHqbaZqKzfqNOCKYnjImNOSbpxxY  )wtJWTK99DelZkAkp3yO56YtZvrIiZY)wtHW3iBxG)NwoTBqiec8HWYS55erGUWZvKI5RlOlFj)BnZcdpqoWGZtwH(  GhWbrwHHAmKGDlMecbatcJxKJyH(bys4WrTPN6zjJlC4O2qngsqMlwSW6jalRqouPhlRW8OYazflwimW3hKoQ8MScZ  JkdKvSyHRtLKvyEuzGSIflm2umhQ0JLvyEuzGSIflCfsjzfMhvgiRyXc9dPm48KvyEuzGSIflw4I(GZZUftczAkwS2  llRq)ZJrWDjTxuieg4IRHnlnflCYMi6K67mpPj8kJqBYrxsyiLbMi7c8)0Q0bM0(ndEecEaUn9KJRetWA3GWf9bNND  lMeY0uSqaSWshtuFN)6K77mVgGjhFwzH8c8)0swHWJvGbNNWcHzY5cFQ9etRaFwcV)EHPdhFYTqaWKqgKjyH8wmjKm  rpw4WrTUZyLs7HmjJlKmrpwO3qcCFxjY5cFsyMCUWNeAob5uH77yiuFNlMi4(UJFFxERVlmfDhHdh1MjNl8jzUWXJm  rpwidYeSWHJAZKZf(KDlMK5cZKZf(KDlMe6TxMW2wcHABPK3rRrr3gfJskjXcHcaMHiZUkxejIhdg8ePXqredrK)TM  gHVr2Ua)pTCA3GWTK99DelZkAkp3yO56YtZvrIiZY)wtHqie4dHLzZZjIaDHNRifZxxqx(s(3AMfwpbyzfYHk9yzfM  hvgiRyXcHb((G0rL3KvyEuzGSIflCfsjzfMhvgiRyXcJnfZHk9yzfMhvgiRyXcxNkjRW8OYazflwOFiLbNNScZJkdK  vSyXcHbUjnEPmWejmuRI1Eczf6FEmcUlP9IcHWaxCnSzPPyHr90wJ67MSjIojHl6dop7wmjKPPyHHugyISlW)tRshy  s73m4ri4b420toUsmbRDdcHbUjnEPmWejmuRc5f4)PLScHhRadopHL9imtox4tTNyAf4Zs493lmD44tUfcaMeYGmbl  C4Ow3zSsP9qMKXfYBXKqYe9yHKj6Xc9gsG77krox4tcZKZf(KqleQVZRwKXaSMuy139it0QVBdqv47iC8it0JfYGmb  lC4O2m5CHpjZfoCuBMCUWNSBXKmxyMCUWNSBXKqV9Ye22siuBlL8oAnk62OyusjjwiawOr54duOfb33nzHvviuaWme  z2vepj8ug6gdEAm0uaDz5FRPq4wY((oILzfnLNBm0CD5P5QirKz5FRPq4BKTlW)tlN2niecb(qyz28CIiqx45ksX81  f0LVK)TMzH1tawwHCOspwwH5rLbYkwSqyGVpiDu5nzfMhvgiRyXcxNkjRW8OYazflwySPyouPhlRW8OYazflw4kKsY  kmpQmqwXIf6hszW5jRW8OYazflwSyT3iRq)ZJrWDjTxuieg4IRHnlnflmQMijJnQJs09DE7LjIgQg13n9U3jxA6DOk  CrFW5z3IjHmnflmKYatKDb(FAv6atA)Mbpcbpa3MEYXvIjyTBqimWnPXlLbMiHHAviVa)pTKvi8yfyW5jmIWm5CHp1  EIPvGplH3FVW0HJp5wiaysidYeSWHJADNXkL2dzsgxiVftcjt0JfoEKj6XczqMGfsMOhl0BibUVRe5CHpjmtox4tcN  UVl9KZHhCFxL(GZZ5177YNfhQ3r4WrTzY5cFsMlC4O2m5CHpz3IjzUWm5CHpz3IjHE7LjSTLqO2wk5D0Au0TrXOKss  SqaSWOkunwJX2QVZBiH1NecfamdrMvmNyEUa6IIermmdDzpY)wtcHBj777iwMv0uEUXqZ1LNMRIerML)TMcHVr2Ua)  pTCA3Gqie4dHLzZZjIaDHNRifZxxqx(s(3AMfwpbyzfYHk9yzfMhvgiRyXcHb((G0rL3KvyEuzGSIflCDQKScZJkdK  vSyHXMI5qLESScZJkdKvSyHRqkjRW8OYazflwOFiLbNNScZJkdKvSyXI1EHSc9ppgb3L0ErHqyGlUg2S0uSWOAIKm2  Ookr335TxMiAOAuF307ENCPP3HQWqkdmr2f4)PvPdmP9Bg8ie8aCB6jhxjMG1UbHl6dop7wmjKPPyHWa3KgVugyIeg  QvH8c8)0swHWJvGbNNWicZKZf(u7jMwb(SeE)9c5TysizIESWHJADNXkL2dzsgx44rMOhlKbzcwizIESqVHe4(UsKZ  f(KWm5CHpjC6(U0tohEW9Dv6dopNxVVlFwCOEhHdh1MjNl8jzUW0HJp5wiaysidYeSWHJAZKZf(KDlMK5cZKZf(KDl  Me6TxMW2wcHAlgf0AujXcbWcJQq1yngBR(oVHewFQVRSqOaGziYSI5eZZfqxuKiIHzOl7r(3Asi8nY2f4)PLt7geUL  SVVJyzwrt55gdnxxEAUksezw(3AkecHaFiSmBEoreOl8CfPy(6c6YxY)wZSW6jalRqouPhlRW8OYazflwimW3hKoQ8  MScZJkdKvSyHRqkjRW8OYazflwySPyouPhlRW8OYazflw46ujzfMhvgiRyXc9dPm48KvyEuzGSIflwS2JiRq)ZJrWD  jTxuieg4M04LYatKWqTkeg4IRHnlnfl08OnAIOUVd9Y0gLKx13z9Ir79DtVB77I2yA3i0iJIw4I(GZZUftczAkwyiL  bMi7c8)0Q0bM0(ndEecEaUn9KJRetWA3GqEb(FAjRq4XkWGZt4SWm5CHp1EIPvGplH3FVW0HJp5wiaysidYeSWHJAD  NXkL2dzsgxiVftcjt0JfoEKj6XczqMGfsMOhl0BibUVRe5CHpjmtox4tcNUVdEfGsF3i(867yiuFx8bk0QV7433L36  7cVuYXNL7ochoQntox4tYCHdh1MjNl8j7wmjZfMjNl8j7wmj0BVmHTTec12sjVJwJIUnkgLusIfcGf6vLGAFNfc967  M(X9DrpEKJOLqOaGziYS5enE84XqcOVsuC5Xqe5FRjHW3iBxG)NwoTBq4wY((oILzfnLNBm0CD5P5QirKz5FRPqiec  8HWYS55erGUWZvKI5RlOlFj)BnZcRNaSSc5qLESScZJkdKvSyHWaFFq6OYBYkmpQmqwXIfUcPKScZJkdKvSyHXMI5q  LESScZJkdKvSyHRtLKvyEuzGSIfl0pKYGZtwH5rLbYkwSyXIfAs7gAkBqSea

Here's twitch recording. First pull wasn't good, but second pull was the kill. Starts at ~3:00

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133478277
    Last edited by JustForThisThread; 2017-04-04 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    Something to note as well is that it may be slightly bugged; after getting the group of them to the point where Sigryn was about 35-40% HP (completing it is when she hits 20%) some abilities stopped happening. For me, the Bladestorm and Empowerment on Jarl Velbrand stopped happening and Runeseer Valjar started chain casting his 5 million HP shield and 20 second cast against me. While this was a bit stressful because it required a large amount of damage to break constantly, it wasn't particularly threatening because I have good damage. Lower item level players may struggle if this happens to them. The other rogue in my guild said a similar thing happened to him except it was Jarl Velbrand's Bladestorm that kept chain-casting which made it difficulty for him to DPS during it. For both of us, during these events Sigryn stopped casting her Blood of the Father ability (the pulsing AoE) and the alternate add (Velbrand for me, Valjar for him) basically just auto attacked or sat there casting the mild damage Shadowbolts but we still had runes on the ground and the Val'kyr walls to contest with. I tweeted this to Celestalon earlier this evening but did not receive any response or confirmation.
    I believe this is the soft-enrage at the 10 minute mark. I had it happen too but my damage was a bit low to reliably chain break his shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskaron View Post
    Any tricks on dealing with the shield while he is on the green goop? I know you can slowly move him otherwise. My 2 tries when I got to the "they do nothing" phase were thwarted due to that. There is also the Valkyriespawn which is annoying but that's complete RNG I believe.
    Retpally 894, no set, Prydaz/Sephuz. I know better gear will definitely help, but it's doable I think.
    Honestly, this is what got me too. I think the tick for "dealing" with it is keeping Sigryn CC'd as much as possible this phase, as she's the one causing the green goop.

Why is HoJ "the tool" for this? Repentance can do exactly the same thing - use it during her cast, and she won't cast again even if you insta-free her. The downside is a short cast time, but the upsides are
    * 30 yard range
    * 15 second CD
    * still leaves HoJ available for (for example) the Jarl's enrage
    * if you mess up and miss Sigryn's cast, you can still survive if you Repentance late and leave her CCed

Don't see any reason not to use Repentance TBH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Honestly, this is what got me too. I think the tick for "dealing" with it is keeping Sigryn CC'd as much as possible this phase, as she's the one causing the green goop.
    Thought about that afterwards. At the Moment I believed that was a DPS-Phase where you have to reppeadedly burn the shield and towards the end it would go back to normal. Well, I was wrong.
    I'm gonna try it today again but even if I fail, by the time the tower is up again, I'll probably have the 2k Str Trait so it will be a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Why is HoJ "the tool" for this? Repentance can do exactly the same thing - use it during her cast, and she won't cast again even if you insta-free her. The downside is a short cast time, but the upsides are
    * 30 yard range
    * 15 second CD
    * still leaves HoJ available for (for example) the Jarl's enrage
    * if you mess up and miss Sigryn's cast, you can still survive if you Repentance late and leave her CCed

Don't see any reason not to use Repentance TBH.
    The cast time is the exact reason not to use it. People are failing the challenge because they're not reacting fast enough with Repentance, she gets the buff off, they do something to break the CC, then they die. With HoJ you can react ~1.5 seconds slower than with Repentance.

As for the Jarl's enrage, Hand of Hindrance deals with that just fine. If you fuck up with positioning bad enough so that's not enough you still have Blinding Light and BoP to fall back on.

Sigryn's empower is the only mechanic that is strictly an auto loss if you don't handle it correctly, (even runes can be immuned) so why wouldn't you make it as easy as possible to deal with?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I believe this is the soft-enrage at the 10 minute mark. I had it happen too but my damage was a bit low to reliably chain break his shield.
    6 Minute mark actually.

It's also not really a soft enrage, as there's no ramping mechanic. It'd be more accurate to call it a burn phase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eskaron View Post
    Dps the caster from max range. Abuse his hitbox and stand 1 pixel away from the fire. Make a ring around him slowly. If you want to be super pro, wait till Sigryn casts her throw spear ability and dip into the fire for a sec to stack it.

Is it intended for these bosses to stop using abilities after a while? Honestly, it became too easy at that point. I was a bit disappointed with how easy this challenge was on my demonology warlock. Green fire quest in MoP was so much harder.

I recommend just doing the mechanics until they stop using certain abilities. Don't even worry about DPS until that point.

Deleted
    Just finished it. It took me around 11 mins (could drum twice). Putting her in repentance helped and otherwise stying away from the caster, though I did get fucked once. I could make up for it with LoH and the Shield since I knew she would be out afterwars for long enough due to Repentance. Also, keeping them further outside than the ring in the middle killed me occasionally because dickish Valkyrspawns.

The cast time is the exact reason not to use it. People are failing the challenge because they're not reacting fast enough with Repentance, she gets the buff off, they do something to break the CC, then they die. With HoJ you can react ~1.5 seconds slower than with Repentance.

Sigryn's empower is the only mechanic that is strictly an auto loss if you don't handle it correctly, (even runes can be immuned) so why wouldn't you make it as easy as possible to deal with?
    I agree entirely with your final sentence, it's extremely well put. So why would you turn down the one talent choice that lets you recover from a mistake? If you should find yourself out of HoJ range because you ran the wrong way from the Jarl's Bladestorm, or you're simply not paying enough attention and miss the cast, you're flat-out dead without Repentance. With HoJ, you have longer to react, but you HAVE to react within those 3 seconds or you're dead. With Repentance, you need to react faster for ideal results, but if you miss the "perfect" window, you still survive, you just have to be careful not to free her.

Notice how the mage guide says to polymorph her, the warlock guide says to fear her, the shaman guide says to hex her, the rogue guide says to blind her? The ability was designed with CC in mind.

Also, Repentance is ideal for the last part of the fight, where preventing her from dropping green pools right where you're desperately trying to take the caster's shield down is incredibly useful.

When I did it as ret earlier today I pretty much 75% of the time kept Sigryn cc'd to prevent the fel pools on the floor. I made sure she was cc'd in advance of her blood of her ancestors so she never cast it and when she did break from her cc I would wait a short time before casting it again on her to prevent any diminished returns. What's good to note is most of the fight will always play out the same Sigryn will cast her spells at the same time and same for the rest of the other mobs, so with enough attempts you know when something is coming up and you can prepare. If you are running jv don't use it on the shield you won't heal and if you want extra healing you can stun the melee add and hit him.