Low profile heatsink

Hi all,
    I am searching for a low profile cpu heatsink for my r7 1700.
    Right now I am stuck between the cryorig c1 and the bequiet dark rock tf. I have also looked into AIO coolers but I think their pump can get pretty loud unless something has changed with the newer corsairs aio or the nzxt kraken.

I previously owned a cryorig c7 and loved it however, it had gotten louder than I would like and I don't think its much better than the stock heatsink that comes with the r7 1700.

I am also open to other options but prefer not to get a huge heatsink like the dark rock pro 3.

Quick and simple version: Heatsink that is somewhat quiet and low profile. Low profile Air cooler or small radiator AIO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say go for the C1 and if it's still loud strap in a different fan.
    What case are you using anyways?

Phantek evolve itx case

10+ Year Old Account
    A Noctua C14 is a decent choice, it is bigger than the C1 but it's still within the clearance level for the case.

such ugly fans lol, i know i can replace them but still...
    whats your opinion on the kraken x42 or deepcaptain 120ex white?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolkrayd View Post
    such ugly fans lol, i know i can replace them but still...
    whats your opinion on the kraken x42 or deepcaptain 120ex white?
    While yes, an AIO with a pump and the same fans will create more noise than a high end air cooler, you don't exactly have to room for one of those large air coolers, so an AIO is a decent choice and will not really be that noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolkrayd View Post
    I think their pump can get pretty loud unless something has changed with the newer corsairs aio or the nzxt kraken
    Pumps shouldn't make any noise, my old school refurb H100 is on high and is inaudible from 3 ft away. AIOs are loud because they're shipped with high performance fans. You can replace them with quieter fans.

According to what I'm seeing you have just under 200mm cooler clearance with your case. I dont think you need to go for a topdown design unless you absolutely need your VRM cooled aswell (and Ryzen is very different from Bulldozer it this regard, unless you have an absolutely shitty VRM). I'd go for Dark Rock 3, make sure to get an AM4 kit with it. Water cooling is an option aswell, but you're going to need a 240mm rad (which can absolutely fit in your case) to compete with air coolers you can fit in there. Also, you can encounter problems with AM4 upgrade kits availability, make sure you get it right away.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2017-05-06 at 12:21 PM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B