WQ Going Missing ?

I keep wanting to do this WQ on the broken shore, but it keeps vanishing when I fly to the broken shore ? Any hints about what is going on.

Been happening for a while now, I've not run out of my daily quota of those quests.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Yeah, me and a friend tried to get that every way we could. No dice.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the world boss that was spawned by the Nether-dealie is screwing up the quests in that location, overwriting them with the world boss quest. Which, if you've already done, just leaves the area blank when you're in the Broken Shore area. GG Blizz! Patches ruined forever!

There's a world boss standing in that area, overriding the quests.

When you go there, it's replaced by the world boss that is generated by the Nether Disruptor. Still being able to see it on your map is a bug. The only way to complete it is if your order hall advancement has a trait to instantly complete a mission.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

I was running into the same issue- if I had to GUESS, it's interacting strangely with the Nether Disruptor world boss- he causes all the demons in that upper area to despawn, and those are, I believe, what are required for that WQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
    When you go there, it's replaced by the world boss that is generated by the Nether Disruptor. Still being able to see it on your map is a bug. The only way to complete it is if your order hall advancement has a trait to instantly complete a mission.
    AFAIK that only works for non-elite missions, so one with a gold dragon around it won't complete unless that got changed.

Now, the day both those went up I was able to do them on several characters. So while it could be a world boss phasing issue, it wasn't the other day.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    AFAIK that only works for non-elite missions, so one with a gold dragon around it won't complete unless that got changed.
    I just used mine on it today, so it works on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    I just used mine on it today, so it works on it.
    Not on elite quests which this one is... that is assuming you are talking about the class hall ability that some classes get.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not on elite quests which this one is... that is assuming you are talking about the class hall ability that some classes get.
    Normally it does not work on elite quest, but for some reason it did work on this one quest

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    Normally it does not work on elite quest, but for some reason it did work on this one quest
    It has always worked on elite quests, the only thing it didn't work on were elite quests that were filled in with blue, the regular brown quests were always completable, even the elite one. I used to complete the brown elites for AP during the first few weeks of having it, for the AP.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    It has always worked on elite quests,
    Well, the ones I have never worked on elite (dragon) quests.... unless they patched something in 7.2, it still doesn't.

'non elite quests' is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, the ones I have never worked on elite (dragon) quests.... unless they patched something in 7.2, it still doesn't.

'non elite quests' is the limit.
    Ok so there are two different kinds of elite world quests, there are the easier ones which has a brown coloring in the background (like in the OP) then there are "harder" ones which have a blue background. The browns ones you could always use your WQ completion token on, even the elites, trust me, I did it in the beginning of the expac. But the blue ones you never could. hope that clears it up a bit.

Ok so there are two different kinds of elite world quests, there are the easier ones which has a brown coloring in the background (like in the OP) then there are "harder" ones which have a blue background. The browns ones you could always use your WQ completion token on, even the elites, trust me, I did it in the beginning of the expac. But the blue ones you never could. hope that clears it up a bit.
    The blue implied rare not harder. Almost all, if not all, non broken shore elite quests were blue which is why people were confused. It's rare and above you can't complete, nothing to do with elite. The quest isn't rare so you should be able to do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    wish i knew u could use the insta quest finish on it, i went and killed the world boss and now the other quest wont show up on my map

Deleted
    Yes, I saw the same WQ on Broken Shore. And did the Azsuna invasion. Both were buggy. 7.2 has not been the smoothest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The blue implied rare not harder. Almost all, if not all, non broken shore elite quests were blue which is why people were confused. It's rare and above you can't complete, nothing to do with elite. The quest isn't rare so you should be able to do so.
    yeah sorry, forgot blue was rare even though they aren't. But the regular elite WQ you could always complete with the token.

But the regular elite WQ you could always complete with the token.
    Incorrect. Not always - maybe recently (7.2 etc), but not always.

There are three different classifications of world quests:

1. Rarity : Common -> Rare -> Epic
    2. Difficulty : Normal (circle), Elite (dragon)
    3. Type: Pet, PvP, Crafting, Normal - determined by the centre icon inside the circle.

In bold and underlined are the ones it has 'always' worked with. This is from testing and from the actual description of the item created.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-04-11 at 07:00 AM.