[Ret] Haste cap?

Hi guys,

So I'm currently getting back on my Ret, I have a lot of haste almost 28% and now that I'm getting use to the spec I feel like at some point having to much haste is wasted. I think I should stack haste until Jugement CD is at 8 secs but can you confirme?

31% haste is too much even with cloak. I have the cloak and at 21% haste I even manage to do Finisher > HP generator > Judgment > Finisher just fine, which is the second soft cap for cloak for maximum uptime.

if I put on "bad" gear, I can get up to 13,432 haste (35.82%). At this level J is still an 8.84s CD.

31.25% haste or so is enough to fit 7 globals in between judgement, (and where you can start to get essentially 100% J uptime, since after your 7th J will be back up).

It's not worth shooting for that though. The answer is that you should sim, but realistic ret stats (I'm 909 eq) are like 25% crit, 23% haste, 22% mastery, 12% vers (somewhere in this sort of range).

12% Vers for 22% Mastery? What I saw on the internet pretty much everywhere is that Crit=Vers and that Mastery was more than 1 point after. I'm a bit lost I really don't want to worry to much about gearing up, I'm not planning on going for MM only HM and I wont be going much over 900ilvl. But still I want to be opti without doing a sim craft every time I get a new piece ^^.

So pretty much here was how I was doing until now :

Same ilvl : Haste 7,55 > Crit 6,05 > Vers 6,05 > Mastery 4,55

So when I have between 5 to 10 ilvl increase I apply this stat weight and when I have more than 10 ilvl I juste go for the strengh increase is that alright?

If you're at 28% haste and haste is that much higher than the other stats, you're doing something wrong in simcraft settings.

I don't do Simcraft ^^ it's what I found on the internet when looking for the stat weight

Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    I don't do Simcraft ^^ it's what I found on the internet when looking for the stat weight
    You need to sim. Stat weights fluctuate wildly for ret after each gear piece.

Alright so do you have a nice tutoriel for Simcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Alright so do you have a nice tutoriel for Simcraft?
    Download the simulationcraft application: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...20-01-win64.7z

Download/install the simc addon: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/simulationcraft

In game, type /simc then copy the output to clipboard.

Open Simulationcraft app, go to options check "enable scaling" and check strength, crit, haste, mastery, versatility, weapon dps. Next paste in the string that /simc gave you under import -> simcaddon. Click "simulate!" in the bottom right. It'll tell you your DPS and your pawn stat weights.