Page 1 of 3
LastLast

That feel when blizzard nerfs your already garbage class/spec...

Latest PTR. War dog increased by 10%, Mastery -20%. Feels bad man.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaalCleave View Post
    Latest PTR. War dog increased by 10%, Mastery -20%. Feels bad man.
    Its a balance change not a nerf. More likely a buff. Arms will lose mastery effectiveness but do more base damage. Therefore it will be less RNG and better AoE with less Warbreaker dependency.

As with all things blizzard balancing arms I remain skeptical

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Its a balance change not a nerf. More likely a buff. Arms will lose mastery effectiveness but do more base damage. Therefore it will be less RNG and better AoE with less Warbreaker dependency.
    Indeed. And of course this means not being so mastery dependent hopefully. If the numbers end up in a nerf I'm sure it'll be adjusted anyways. It's early stages of 7.2.5 testing.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now it is a nerf cause those 10% doesnt affect white swings nor DoS

Yeah, it is a net nerf because of auto attacks and DoS, but also remember that it seems to be 15% on the PTR because arms had a pre-existing 5% buff.

I'm assuming more tuning will come later as well as just before Tomb mythic. This change is definitely a philosophical one at heart (reduce the effect of mastery, buff the other stats) and meant to be net neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is an outra..

Oh wait it's just Arms. Haha, nevermind me then!

Considering arms already scales really bad with gear, this will just make us scale even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    Considering arms already scales really bad with gear, this will just make us scale even worse.
    This will make us scale 10% better with gear except mastery

and mastery was the only stat that gave us any dps at all. so overall a nerf.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure that you know how that works.

and mastery was the only stat that gave us any dps at all. so overall a nerf.
    That's because outside of CS the damage of Arms was extremely weak due to abilities being weak. The shift brings damage outside of CS meaning mastery goes down in value and other stats come up. Mastery will still likely be the top stat but it's not going to be near as ahead of other stats as it is now, which is a good thing.

Now with that said, it may be a nerf in it's current state and tuning may still need to be done. It's not like those changes this early in the PTR are final. Fact is though the idea of shifting some of the damage outside of CS is a good thing though. Makes target switching and the terrible RNG waiting periods a little bit better to endure.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I guess their goal was to bring mastery below strength and in line with the other stats. A focus on one stat over another limits the number of ways one can play that spec. For example, I really like the feel of haste and versatility, but a lack of mastery hurt its viability.

I'm just glad their addressing the spec. It seemed like they wouldn't at all, and were going to let the ToS set bonuses be a band aide fix.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    I guess their goal was to bring mastery below strength and in line with the other stats. A focus on one stat over another limits the number of ways one can play that spec. For example, I really like the feel of haste and versatility, but a lack of mastery hurt its viability.
    Lol it's not going below strength.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    What are you talking about? The spec won't be less RNG with these changes as they don't affect the reset chance on CS at all. It's still just gonna be a fucking slot machine and it's unbelievable that Blizzard can't see this problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Beast Master Hunter, you have my sympathies.
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

here's an idea: stop playing a crappy spec.

every class with more than 1 dps spec has to deal with this. some specs are just sub-par.

fury always scales better the further into an expansion. its your own fault if youre still locked into arms at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxmuscle View Post
    here's an idea: stop playing a crappy spec.

every class with more than 1 dps spec has to deal with this. some specs are just sub-par.

fury always scales better the further into an expansion. its your own fault if youre still locked into arms at this point.
    Yup it's our fault Blizzard made drastic changes to a spec early into the expansion even though they said they wouldn't...

This happens, every single expansion after Wotlk (Pretty much when the game started being generic for every class to be able to DPS in PvE)

Arms has broken mechanics the first couple of months or first raiding tier gets nerfed because it affects PvP mostly or its scaling is ridiculous in PvE with early gear to be brought to respectable levels compared to other specs.

Fury gains ground as stats increase as it always has, reaching broken numbers at end tier.

In the last how many expansions, you still havent learnt how they do Warriors?

As others have mentioned, they are trying to move the damage around so it wont be only in the CS window, i think its a good change.

Either way, kudos to you people playing Arms, bores me so much <3
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-15 at 07:08 AM.

Arms is still not a garbage spec, its middle of the pack with almost no one playing it. Its just that Fury can do so much more, and they can do it way more reliably. Changing the stat balance for arms is a step in the right direction, and hopefully we will see other changes as the PTR progresses. Draught will probably also be nerfed when ToS is released so 7/7 US stacking fury warriors will be brought down a bit.
    Last edited by Atherions; 2017-04-15 at 07:30 AM.