Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cyclonic Burst Issues?

Sometimes puts the dot on the target, sometimes it doesn't? Even stationary target like a target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Machine99 View Post
    Sometimes puts the dot on the target, sometimes it doesn't? Even stationary target like a target dummy.

That was expected from the start considering it's a hunter ability Because target dummy moved away from the ground effect ....

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    That was expected from the start considering it's a hunter ability Because target dummy moved away from the ground effect ....
    In fairness, it's wildly inconsistent. On a boss like Serpentrix, that never moves, it didn't proc once last night. Meanwhile, Shade of Aran it worked 100% of the time. Wrath of aszhara? No hits. Deepbeard (a boss that CAN move)? No hits. It's fairly frustrating, really, but hopefully the hotfixes have made it more reliable in terms of when it'll actually trigger (and giving it a 30-40% damage boost by letting it crit is also decent).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    In fairness, it's wildly inconsistent. On a boss like Serpentrix, that never moves, it didn't proc once last night. Meanwhile, Shade of Aran it worked 100% of the time. Wrath of aszhara? No hits. Deepbeard (a boss that CAN move)? No hits. It's fairly frustrating, really, but hopefully the hotfixes have made it more reliable in terms of when it'll actually trigger (and giving it a 30-40% damage boost by letting it crit is also decent).
    So basically at this point our highly touted new artifact talents are compelete trash. Got it.

Deleted
    After the latest hotfixes, it should hit more consistently, because it used to end after 40yrds, now the range is increased, still however 0 ticks on krosus.

Deleted
    So at this point, and at the rate the artifact knowledge is increasing, if you are constantly farming m+ (10-15 of them daily) there is hardly any point investing two whole traits to get to cyclonic. Until they've fixed all the issues with it.
    Last edited by mmoc17640b528e; 2017-04-04 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    So at this point, and at the rate the artifact knowledge is increasing, if you are constantly farming m+ (10-15 of them daily) there is hardly any point investing two whole traits to get to cyclonic at this point. Until they've fixed all the issues with it.
    Pls don't spread your feelycraft. It is still worth getting cyclonic asap after the hotfixs, even if it isn't working 100%. As the other options we have for traits, are not that great. They're good, but nothing even close to what cyclonic is.

It works consistenly for me now after the hotfix. Adds about 3% to your overall dps so not bad at all. It can go up to 5% if you manage to hit multiple things with it. I would say get quickshot rank 4 before getting cylonic burst

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Pls
    i haven't ''spread'' anything boyo, but at 3%? and the rate i'm doing m+, i'll buy my 4th rank in quick shot before i go throw 30mill on a useless 'utility' trait.

i'm not trying to 'influence' anyone, it was a sole statement, as in for _MYSELF_

i get it you are trying to play captain save a ho for a bunch of lemmings to keep them off the ''cliff'' but i'd greatly appreciate it if you got off my lawn now. ok? 'pls'

i haven't ''spread'' anything boyo, but at 3%? and the rate i'm doing m+, i'll buy my 4th rank in quick shot before i go throw 30mill on a useless 'utility' trait.

i'm not trying to 'influence' anyone, it was a sole statement, as in for _MYSELF_

i get it you are trying to play captain save a ho for a bunch of lemmings to keep them off the ''cliff'' but i'd greatly appreciate it if you got off my lawn now. ok? 'pls'
    If you're doing m+ fast, it makes more sense to get cyclonic first, as that trait alone is worth 2 of any other trait you could get aside from UA.

You're very upset about this, I'm sorry I shed light on the fact you're suggesting bad ideas to people

Deleted
    no, i'm irritated, that you twice over have attempted to put words in my mouth, by interpreting text as you saw fit, instead of doing the decent thing which would have been to ask the person in question regarding their intent, in this case it was merely a statement of my own intention for my 'toon' nothing more, nothing less.

having seen your ''retort'' now, which equates to a 'umad.jpg' i kind of understand why you went that route in the first place.

so you can hang your cape off and leave the tights at home next time.

no, i'm irritated, that you twice over have attempted to put words in my mouth, by interpreting text as you saw fit, instead of doing the decent thing which would have been to ask the person in question regarding their intent, in this case it was merely a statement of my own intention for my 'toon' nothing more, nothing less.

having seen your ''retort'' now, which equates to a 'umad.jpg' i kind of understand why you went that route in the first place.

so you can hang your cape off and leave the tights at home next time.
    "So at this point, and at the rate the artifact knowledge is increasing, if you are constantly farming m+ (10-15 of them daily) there is hardly any point investing two whole traits to get to cyclonic at this point. Until they've fixed all the issues with it." Read through that, you're stating, yes you are making a statement, that it isn't worth getting cyclonic and you're better off going down another route.

I am stating that is not true.

Giving people 2 sources of information, rather than yours, which isn't backed up by any decent players, whereas mine, is also the route in which top hunters agree with.

If you are farming tons of mythic+, then definiteley get quickshot before new traits.

You should be playing meme spec in m+, and meme benefits greatly from trueshot cdr

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    If you are farming tons of mythic+, then definiteley get quickshot before new traits.

You should be playing meme spec in m+, and meme benefits greatly from trueshot cdr
    And yet, it benefits much much more from cyclonic, the very strong aoe trait.

And yet, it benefits much much more from cyclonic, the very strong aoe trait.
    Hard to quantify. Cyclonic nets about 3-5% overall dps gain, trueshot cdr means more trueshot usage overall in the dungeon, which means more marked shot spam which is great for trash packs. But since trueshot cdr (quickshot) only costs 1 point, while cyclonic costs 6 points (4 unerring arrows and a filler) to obtain, I think we have a clear winner with quickshot being the first point one should obtain, assuming you play meme spec.

Now if you strictly play trickshot and raid, i think getting trueshot after cyclonic is probably best

Deleted
    you're stating
    no, i made a conclusion, what makes the most sense for _me_ to do, at this point you decided to try and play captain save a ho (eventhough nobody asked you) and i would still argue that from my perspective having a life relic with (quickshot) + cof + ullr another point in (quickshot) before going for the other traits makes more sense, as it gives more uptime. especially given the wonky ''mechanics'' involved with cyclonic burst. the front loaded burst makes more sense for me.

'i am stating' that you and me are done now, you may return to your everday life that apparenly consists of you jerking off ''top hunters''

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLuckBox View Post
    Hard to quantify. Cyclonic nets about 3-5% overall dps gain, trueshot cdr means more trueshot usage overall in the dungeon, which means more marked shot spam which is great for trash packs. But since trueshot cdr (quickshot) only costs 1 point, while cyclonic costs 6 points (4 unerring arrows and a filler) to obtain, I think we have a clear winner with quickshot being the first point one should obtain, assuming you play meme spec.

Now if you strictly play trickshot and raid, i think getting trueshot after cyclonic is probably best
    Wait what, you'd consider not going UA first? Despite being amazing? All credibility lost. Please read a guide, go on the hunter discord, anything at all.

Going off quickshot sims, my average trueshot with the extra quickshot trait turns trueshot from a ~56 sec CD to a ~54 sec CD.

Honestly, just go cyclonic burst. It's been pretty solid today since the 'fix'. CERTAINLY worth going with for raiding, doing decent damage in m+ with meme also.

Does anyone know how wide the trail is and if it is supposed to extend passed the target a few yards as a circle around the target or if it stops right at the target?

Wait what, you'd consider not going UA first? Despite being amazing? All credibility lost. Please read a guide, go on the hunter discord, anything at all.
    Lol ok buddy. You think your all that just because people dont agree with your opinion and all of a sudden that makes you the expert on hunters. Pretty sure you are just a B tier raider/casual who only knows how to read guides and follow others without being able to critically analyze and think outside the box.

Why would you go unerring arrows first for meme spec ever? UA is not that amazing for meme.
    1 point = 4% damage increase on aimed and piercing shot which comprises roughly 40% of your overall damage. That is about a 1.6% increass in overall dps. Not bad, but quickshot sims as a much higher increase than that, and this is talking purely single target. With aoe involved, quickshot absolutely trumps 1 rank of unerring arrows.

Its pretty obvious that you should get quickshot first, and from there possibly go UA -> cyclone