Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Time to remove the blue effect on Astral Form?

Why do we have to be blue? I mean is it for people do see "Hey that's a Balance Druid alright!"?.
    You don't see red Fire Mages because you "need to know it" for example.

I'm tired of getting a nice transmog in a different color but still all I see is blue.
    Time to give us full humanoid form? Please?

It's not only so someone else can tell, it's so you yourself can have an easily visual that you are in moonkin form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Why do we have to be blue? I mean is it for people do see "Hey that's a Balance Druid alright!"?.

I'm tired of getting a nice transmog in a different color but still all I see is blue.
    Fire mages aren't in a form. You are when you're in Moonkin form, you're just overriding it with a glyph.

You don't wanna be a Boomkin, you gotta be a smurf.

7+ Year Old Account

fire mages arnt in a form

when you enter a bg imagine walking up and seeing 2 druids, both in human form

what one is the moonkin? what one is the healer? are they both moonkin? are they both healer?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

what one is the moonkin? what one is the healer? are they both moonkin? are they both healer?

I know Fire Mages isn't in a form. That was my point. For example a Fire Mage doesn't need to have a form..

Alright well what about Shamans?
    Imagine seeing two shamans, who is Elemental and who is the healer?
    You don't see a Elemental Shaman with some weird effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    well frost mages stick out for mages ... and druids have always stuck out.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I know Fire Mages isn't in a form. That was my point. For example a Fire Mage doesn't need to have a form..
    Because he's a mage, not a druid. That's kinda our shtick.

7+ Year Old Account

Alright well what about Shamans?
    Imagine seeing two shamans, who is Elemental and who is the healer?
    You don't see a Elemental Shaman with some weird effect.
    yes but boomkin has a buff well in moonkin

so here is the thing

imagine seeing a bear druid not in bear form but still having the massive buffs bear from gives?
    its not the spec, its the buff

Deleted

You don't have to be blue. You can be yellow too. Or an owlkin, as that is your chosen form as a balancedruid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.

The one that has the moonkin form buff.... Just like how you would tell in any other situation....

Or you could wait for him to cast a couple balance only spells. Hint, if it's hardcasting starsurge, it isn't a boomkin.

I'm usually not one to complain about other players cluelessness, but players in PvP have long-since ignored animations to tell when something is happening if the same can be done via looking at a buff/debuff or a bar of some sort.

- - - Updated - - -

yes but boomkin has a buff well in moonkin

so here is the thing

imagine seeing a bear druid not in bear form but still having the massive buffs bear from gives?
    its not the spec, its the buff
    So... Broll Bearmantle? I'll be perfectly frank, you don't have much of an argument here. Even if shape shifting is a core part of the class, shape shifting isn't a core part of any of the specs, so it really doesn't matter what form they are in.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The one that has the moonkin form buff.... Just like how you would tell in any other situation....

Or you could wait for him to cast a couple balance only spells. Hint, if it's hardcasting starsurge, it isn't a boomkin.

I'm usually not one to complain about other players cluelessness, but players in PvP have long-since ignored animations to tell when something is happening if the same can be done via looking at a buff/debuff or a bar of some sort.

- - - Updated - - -

So... Broll Bearmantle? I'll be perfectly frank, you don't have much of an argument here. Even if shape shifting is a core part of the class, shape shifting isn't a core part of any of the specs, so it really doesn't matter what form they are in.
    shape shifting isn't a core part of any of the specs, so it really doesn't matter what form they are in.

allright im gunna go make a thread and use you as a source "bear tanks, you dont need to tank in bear form" lets see how that rolls out

Have you, by any chance, actually played a druid before?

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, Astral Glyphs is very cool and one of the core reasons I play my Druid.
    im cool pls respodn

Deleted
    Even if shape shifting is a core part of the class, shape shifting isn't a core part of any of the specs, so it really doesn't matter what form they are in.
    Good luck doing competetive damage or even ATTEMPT to tank while not in the form of your chosen spec. Same with healing back in the Tree days. Sure, you COULD heal out of Tree, but it was less.

I think the point being made is that many balance druids would rather just dps in their normal character form and not shapeshift, or be a blue twinkle fairy.

I get that this presents a bit of a problem in identification of the spec in PvP. But I'm not all that concerned about that, let Blizzard come up with a solution. I'm sure they can come up with some reasonable way of alleviating that problem to make a large chunk of people happy.

Druids have to have forms because apparently we'd be OP if we could actually use our Dash and other shift-requiring abilities in all forms.

You know, like a Warrior who has to swap to shields for Shield Wall, that ability they no longer have as non-Prot.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Humanoid doesn't mean what you think. Moonkin are fully humanoid. As is twinkle fairy, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    I think the point being made is that many balance druids would rather just dps in their normal character form and not shapeshift, or be a blue twinkle fairy.
    Then maybe they need to reiterate if this is really the right class for them. This is a core part of both the class and spec identity.

7+ Year Old Account

i really wouldnt mind seeing that as a skin appearance maybe as a glyph perhaps
    Example: Glyph of humanoid when applied to your spellbook your appearance dawns the form of a humanoid the effect would remain intact until removed from the spellbook
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    Start a petition together with the shadow priests. On the other hand, if you are a transmog enthusiast, druid probably isn't the class for you, as 2 of your specs don't even see their weapons and have no glyph option to change that.