Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    What?
    Didn't you hear?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    People who are paying are probably alot less than you think, again, WoD made it exploitably possible to amass so much wealth in your garrison that some folks are probably swimming in money right now. As a result of this its likely blizzard will move to F2P over time because of that lack of wealth generated from WoW itself. Right now their biggest profits come from the fact they've ebbed into publishing content and not simply designing it. With alot of their newer economic gains from things like Destiny, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Definately Overwatch.
    You have literally no idea how the tokens work. They don't give out game time from nothing. People buy the tokens for real money and they cost more than regular 1 month sub. Then the in-game rich can buy them with gold and redeem into game time.

Blizzard would actually prefer that more people used tokens for their gametime than the sub, because every token is 5 $/€ more for them than a month's sub fee.

This is why you go to school kids, so you know to do your research before you spew vomit and turd all over the internet.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Warcraft 4 has always been a possibility. They just had to base the campaign on existing lore (they have 10.000 years of it).

It's not the story that has prevented that game from coming out, it's the fact that Starcraft 2 is Blizzard's current generation RTS.

And while that is also "dying", the whole RTS genre is, and I doubt a new Warcraft game would be succesful enough to justify development right now.

IF the RTS genre becomes popular again, IF Starcraft 2 does not and IF they choose not to make Starcraft 3, then Warcraft 4 could be their choice. WoW is not the problem.
    I dunno, I always thought it would be pretty cool if they made WC4 playout along side of a WoW expansion.

I see 2 possible scenarios for it:

1- We go right into void lords/old gods without reprieve. This kind of situation would no doubt have a alot of larger scale battles, The RTS game campaign would cover these battles, while the WoW expansion follows the heros (us) fighting the smaller scale fight against the leaders.

2 (my personal choice) - Before we dive right into void lords, we have a small time skip (maybe 5-10 years). In the expansion the alliance and horde are in full scale war (because warcraft). We have another map shift (Not necessarily like cata, but areas updated like camp T no longer on fire or possibly rebuilt; some areas fortified that were being fortified before, Gilneas conflict resolved (Territorially speaking), Silvermoon rebuilt, Kul'Tiras added, maybe Kezen or the second isle in gobby starting area settled, you get the idea) and WC4 would take place during that 5-10 year period.

In either case, it would be a great way to both introduce new characters as well as flesh out existing ones. Whatcha think?

Deleted
    If WoW is "dead" as so many people claim, then how come I have to spam tag mobs while doing WQs at 4 am?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I dunno, I always thought it would be pretty cool if they made WC4 playout along side of a WoW expansion.

I see 2 possible scenarios for it:

1- We go right into void lords/old gods without reprieve. This kind of situation would no doubt have a alot of larger scale battles, The RTS game campaign would cover these battles, while the WoW expansion follows the heros (us) fighting the smaller scale fight against the leaders.

2 (my personal choice) - Before we dive right into void lords, we have a small time skip (maybe 5-10 years). In the expansion the alliance and horde are in full scale war (because warcraft). We have another map shift (Not necessarily like cata, but areas updated like camp T no longer on fire or possibly rebuilt; some areas fortified that were being fortified before, Gilneas conflict resolved (Territorially speaking), Silvermoon rebuilt, Kul'Tiras added, maybe Kezen or the second isle in gobby starting area settled, you get the idea) and WC4 would take place during that 5-10 year period.

In either case, it would be a great way to both introduce new characters as well as flesh out existing ones. Whatcha think?
    I actually kinda like this idea. Although, I don't want them to rush fully into void lords stuff instantly. I'd like them to do some naga/troll/south seas stuff first, with old god presence, and hints of void lords.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

World of Warcraft will never be abandoned/closed down, so long as it makes a profit. Look at games like EverQuest, which is still chugging along via a skeleton crew of developers (and is also free-mium - free to play a neutered game/subscribe for massive convenience - now). They still churn out an expansion every 11-13 months at $35 for the base and upwards of $130 for the 'super premium tier'.

So long as WoW still has 100-200k people willing to pay every month, the game will be put into a life support mode. Less Customer Service, shoddier expansions/content, but it will still be alive.

I don't think the RTS genre is very popular anymore so I wouldn't expect a wc4 anytime soon.

One of the most dismal armchair analyst posts I've seen in a while

Moving from a dying genre like MMO to a dead genre like RTS. Seems legit. There's a reason StarCraft is the only relevant game in that genre.

One thing that has become clear since recent events of Legion is that while Legion undeniably has some of the best story in WoW, its gameplay has suffered, people are loosing interest in wow, and "not" comming back, including myself.
    That is simply your opinion and the way you feel about it.

I returned to WoW after a long hiatus since Cataclysm and I'm enjoying the time I spend playing.

One thing that has become clear since recent events of Legion is that while Legion undeniably has some of the best story in WoW, its gameplay has suffered, people are loosing interest in wow, and "not" comming back, including myself. I think the reality is harsh and direct, but clear.
    I think you have no idea what you're talking about.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The Warcraft universe itself is a dying IP, Warcraft 4 wouldn't change that. Besides, they would only be able to do a spin off game, not something that progress the actual lore because we already have WoW.

So while books and such do give us some clarity and tie together events, they're usually huge moments that people will remember.
    You cannot build a game on some half assed lore and small moments. They would have to build the game around characters like Med'an that
    nobody cares about.

10+ Year Old Account
    you cannot kill wow as it is too polished.

everyhting else that comes out is too rough, and shit.
    Hi

i gave up reading after "and not coming back" like if you know if ppl would come back or not... like me... i didnt came back, but how do you know if i will not? i dont even know that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    No. People selling tokens makes blizzard more money. People using them don't make blizzard any money.
    Wrong. If ppl decide that token price is too high they would stop buying them and eventually token sales would bring less and less money, thus you cant have make money without both sides being happy about what they get for what they pay.

This entire post has to be a troll. No one is stupid enough to believe the WoW token doesn't bring in more money than regular subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    you cannot kill wow as it is too polished.

everyhting else that comes out is too rough, and shit.
    WoW....Polished......
    Last edited by mmoc157db6de0e; 2017-04-24 at 12:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This post is obviously a big troll post. WoW is not gonna die aslong as people play the game. Blizzard would be the first major buisness to ever take down a profitable product and then not give an equal or better alternative.

Warcraft 4 is though a thing, that will not happend unless WoW dies out. Blizzard have a hard time making games or content, which does not have an effect or takes place in their current timeline/universe. Making a Warcraft 4 about something that has already happend will only be a waste of the huge lore team, which is being paid big money to come up with new ideas and stories. Also, a Warcraft 4 without an original story, will be stomped to theground by the lore community of WoW, which i think is pretty big and hard to come around. So if Blizzard ever wants to have succes on the lvl of WoW, Hearthstone and Warcraft 3, with Warcraft 4, they have to stop the current storyline of WoW and let Warcraft 4 continue it. Anything else will be looked at as a weak alternative.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.