Deleted

Resto shammy for 7.2.5 + questions

Hi people.
    I dont play super much but once or twice a month I join up the guild raids in TOS.
    I have started to get alot of versatility on the gear iam geting.
    I then have the question for why ?

I play mostly a crit based CBT-chainheal build. With around a 32%crit, 12% haste, 4%versi and 100% mastery with my raid gear.
    When do I hit the crit cap ?
    And when do I start using my versi gear and what stat do I give up for it ?

And for dungeons, depending on what I feel like I might switch over to a simple riptide - eoe and ascend build. with around 27% crit, 14% haste, 104% mastery and 6% versi.
    Now I usually swap around my gear, but thats what it usually looks like.

But have some boosting versi gear in my bag that I dont really know what to do with

Thanks for the help <3

In general you wanna use the highest ilvl gear you have (other then ring/neck/trinkets), so if the versi gear is better ilvl then you should prob use that. There isn't really a crit cap, but I would say between 25-30% crit is a good range to aim for, since you have 32% crit you can prob give up some for versi or other stat..... crit is important for resto, so you need a decent amount, but you will crit often enough in that range with chain heals hitting multiple targets and stuff like tidal wave crit boosted heals.

As for WHY... it just seems like they put more versi on gear this time which is fine, its a good stat, doesn't do anything special but it will buff your heals and help you take less damage so works out great, plus some trinkets get bonus buffs from versatility which is cool for healer trinkets that heal or have absorb shields.

I think for raids, if you use the CHL build, then you want decent amount of haste but 10%+ is good enough which you have.... and then for dungeons, can prob give up some haste for another stat since you will prob use HW/HS more and they cast fast already with tidal waves.

There is no crit cap. I raid at 35% crit and average about 90-99% on parses. crit = mana regen so it's what I stack and favor 2 throughput trinkets. I'm staying at 35% though and raising vers and haste up while keeping mastery at 100%. Honestly all stats are basically balanced within a few % so ilevel is generally better where hps is concerned. But ironically haste weights out just ahead of the rest to be the best stat given changes to HR this tier.