Deleted

The Never played Warlock Spec !

Hi guys,

Always been Melee and, switching from raiding to "raiding less, having fun".

===> I'm switching to the dark side and playing WARLOCK.

Which spec is the best for a warlock/ ranged beginner considering:

- i used to play rogue for 90% of my WOW Time
    - i dont give a dam' of overall dps: Remember Iskar Mythic ? Always played Sub on it :/
    - i prefer ranking on the main focus than on warcraft logs
    - My main problem playing (crappy reroll) ranged was in preparing my moves: was losing a looot of time

I watched, read, considered but it's not really simple with just a sheet of paper :/

===> What spec should i play ?

Thanks guys.

All three specs are viable. I play Destro main because I like how it feels, but it's probably not the best spec.

Affliction is probably the strongest overall, but it's not very visceral because its spell animations are terrible and its rotation (for me at least) isn't very exciting. It's got decent mobility compared to the other two specs, though, and it's surprisingly good at switching to adds that'll be around for more than a few seconds. In terms of world play, Aff reaches a point where it can solo just about anything (I tanked a world boss once), and it can pull whole zones. It's also very strong in PvP, and is able to put massive pressure on healers while being surprisingly tanky.

Demonology's rotation is closer to a proper rotation than a priority list and it's got insane single target. However, it's mobility is weaker than the other specs because its rotation needs to be solid to do maximum damage and it has ramp up time. Its spell animations are all very cool, though, with demon dogs and imps flying all over the place. In terms of world content, I think Demo suffers at AoE, although I could just be running the wrong builds. It's supposed to be pretty good at PvP, and just received a survivability nerf there.

Destruction is in a rough place, and it's getting a bit of a rework in terms of resource flow and cleave vs. single target for 7.2.5. Its strength is that it's able to cleave two targets down quickly, even if they're spread out, and it can set up large burst windows. It's also able to be more mobile than demo because it can pick up its rotation where it left off and it has a fair number of cool spell animations. However, its single target is lower than the other specs, and is in fact near the bottom on most fights in Nighthold, excepting Gul'dan, Botanist, and Elisande. Destro is great for burning down a few targets very quickly in the world, and has some very, very explosive ganking potential if it's allowed to hit first. It's not as strong in PvP because it's damage feels very tied up in Chaos Bolt, which is easy to interrupt.

Overall, all three specs can be fun in different situations, and I do play all three depending on what I'm doing. I'd recommend Destro even though it's weaker in raid situations because it feels good, but it's up to you.

Deleted
    This topic has come up at quite a strange time for me, as I too have recently switched to Warlock after playing Rogue for 90% of my WoW life

I've been playing Affliction, which I think will be one of those specs that is easy to play, difficult to Master.
    Destruction is also very fun, but I've been advised to wait until 7.2.5 for the changes to be implemented before picking it up.
    And Demonology I haven't touched yet

TLDR; This is no help to you, but I would also appreciate the advice

Deleted
    As you are new to warlocks i would suggest going aff. Its easy to play and easy to master compared to the other two specs. Aff is strong in pvp aswell.

Afflic and destro have easy rotations. Afflic is easyer to play and get good number with, and is less reliant on trinkets for good numbers. After a few LFR's if your lucky to get the guldan trinket and the chromatic haste trinket, demo and destro become better in some ways, the trinkets help afflic but the haste is better for the other two specs.

As someone who has played a warlock from vanilla all i can say us play the spec that looks good to you, or the one that has a weapon you thinks looks cool, which is why i played demo at the start of the x-pack.

As there shouldn't be any "What spec should I play" threads, going to close this one out. Feel free to check out any of the stickied posts for more information on what each spec has to offer!