Cobra Commander damage

Was looking over my logs for a recent Nighthold HC. In this raid there were 2 hunters, myself and one other. Both of us had similar gear levels and the same talent build, which was reflected in our damage and dps being almost equal.

The only separating factor was the damage from Cobra Commander.

On Skorpyron, logs show I cast 71 Cobra Shots, resulting in 8 procs of Cobra Commander. These 8 procs produced a total damage of 2.32m, from 71 ticks.

The 2nd hunter cast just 68 Cobra Shots, resulting in a slightly higher 11 procs of Cobra Commander. The big difference is that these 11 procs went on to produce 139 ticks of damage, totaling 4.78m damage.

Was a similar situation on Chronomatic Anomoly. My 53 shots produce 7 procs, generating 37 ticks of damage. Other hunter cast 57 shots, with15 procs but 138 ticks of damage.

Am I missing something obvious with how to maximize the damage from Cobra Commander? As I understood it, its a fixed % chance to proc and the damage isn't effected my BM Mastery either. Can't quite see why my Cobra Commander procs produce so few ticks of damage in comparison.

Any suggestions?

Rng is Rng, and if you both had similar gear levels/leggos but your damage was equal, not really a problem tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The number of snakes it summons per proc varies. Thus, the likely answer is that you got fewer snakes per proc on average than he did. It's just bad luck.

Not sure how your damage meter was separating values, but the snakes also have two damage sources: melee attacks and a poison.

The melee attacks are... pretty worthless. The poison is where all the damage comes from. For some reason, the snakes do not always apply the poison, so even with a similar number of snakes summoned, the damage dealt can be wildly different. At least this was the case ~3 weeks ago when I tested it.

From what I saw on my meters when I was testing, it seemed like about 5-6 snakes worth of melee attacks to match 1 poison application, so you could theoretically get about 5 snakes for someone else's 1 and still be under them in damage if yours do not apply the poison.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Should be called RNG Commander.

Deleted
    Shitty trait plus bad rng = derp commander

Its terribly inconsistent, I've literally had boss kills where its proc'd once and others a ton. Wish something would be done about it.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore