Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Character head facing your target feature. How to disable?

I like the new "character head facing your target" feature, but in some cases it looks creepy or completely inappropriate, where it visually misrepresents your intentions of how you would want your character to behave (this happens mostly in RP).
    I wonder if there is a way to disable this feature?

I would like to know that. I really dislike my character running around while not looking straight forward. Looks really dumb.

Deleted
    I'm avoiding targeting people after this head facing thing was added. The "staring" is too creepy. It's like directly into their eyes and it even moves with them if they move. Freaky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I find it far more realistic. However, I don't know of a way to turn it off.

It can't be disabled, at least not by players. It's a part of the model, just like any other character animation.

Isn't it like, you know, normal to face someone you're talking/listening to? You can just "RP" the fact that your character looks at someone, but not always has eyecontact with them.

Deleted
    I wish the headturning was as good as FFXIV, it's pretty meh in WoW

Deleted
    Didn't even notice until i read this

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like there to be an option to turn it off too. It's neat but it always trips me up when I kill a mob, loot it, start running away and my head is still turned to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I wish the headturning was as good as FFXIV, it's pretty meh in WoW
    How often do the developers of Final Fantasy get to update their games without breaking a previous game? If I'm not mistaken, the answer is pretty often. I can only imagine that adding a cosmetic feature like what we've seen here isn't simple, otherwise it would have been done by now, yeah?

World of Warcraft is a massive game, much larger than Final Fantasy. Besides, Final Fantasy wasn't an "MMO" until XIV, which was released in 2010 - World of Warcraft was released in 2004, but most of its engine was developed in the years before that. It's a cosmetic feature, and I'm sure the art team will continue to build on it as time rolls on... maybe.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I like it a lot. I find it to be much more immersive and sometimes informative when other players are targeting.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    How often do the developers of Final Fantasy get to update their games without breaking a previous game? If I'm not mistaken, the answer is pretty often. I can only imagine that adding a cosmetic feature like what we've seen here isn't simple, otherwise it would have been done by now, yeah?

World of Warcraft is a massive game, much larger than Final Fantasy. Besides, Final Fantasy wasn't an "MMO" until XIV, which was released in 2010 - World of Warcraft was released in 2004, but most of its engine was developed in the years before that. It's a cosmetic feature, and I'm sure the art team will continue to build on it as time rolls on... maybe.
    I feel that I have to say, FF had to die before they got to where it is now, hence RR.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Really? I find it far more realistic. However, I don't know of a way to turn it off.
    Yup, love it too! I love these simple things to make the game more realistic. I would've loved the action cam as well..

Sorry to not help with the problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Yup, love it too! I love these simple things to make the game more realistic. I would've loved the action cam as well..

Sorry to not help with the problem
    I like it too, as for action cam, working on a UI to fit it so I can enable it. I like the feel it gives.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account

The FFXIV that's running now was released in 2013. It's not the same game as the one that was released in 2010 (that one was shut down, it's dead and buried).

Anyway to answer your question, it's a much newer game, and more importantly a much newer engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I feel that I have to say, FF had to die before they got to where it is now, hence RR.
    Yeah, Final Fantasy has had an unfair advantage for years. World of Warcraft still lives and breathes as the strongest MMO for over a decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    The FFXIV that's running now was released in 2013. It's not the same game as the one that was released in 2010 (that one was shut down, it's dead and buried).

Anyway to answer your question, it's a much newer game, and more importantly a much newer engine.
    FFXIV is FFXIV. FFXIX: A Realm Reborn or FFXIV, it makes no difference to me. I don't that much about it. My point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    XI was also an MMO, and it launched back in 2002.
    That's a poor classification. It's probably based on the content of the game, as FFXI is definitely NOT an MMORPG. MMORPGs are widely known for their hotkey-based gameplay. Take a look at the platforms that FFXI and FFXIV operate on, and then think about their gameplay. Whether or not you want to classify or tag FFXI as an MMO simply to challenge my post is your call, but FFXI was developed by a company that goes out of their way to bring players mediocre content at best.

Anyway, this isn't the thread for what defines an MMO. I'll be more than happy to open a thread in Off-Topic about the definition of an MMO from a community perspective, as well as from a game development/programming perspective.

Deleted

That's all interesting and all but what has that got to do with anything I said? My words were "I wish the headturning was as good as FFXIV" not "It should be as good as FFXIV" - I understand the technical limitations and that's why it's meh in WoW

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I like it too, as for action cam, working on a UI to fit it so I can enable it. I like the feel it gives.
    I thought there was no way to enable it?

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    I thought there was no way to enable it?
    It's still there, it's just disabled by default and displays a warning when you enable it.
    /console ActionCam on/full