Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling all the way from 100 to 110 through dungeons

Has anyone tried this? since looms will soon be upon us, i want to level my remaining alts, BUT since they are alliance on Illidan, its impossible to do it the normal way ( questing ), so im curious if anyone tried to level only with dungeons

I've leveled a couple with only dungeons. It's about 4 dungeons per level with rested xp. I don't personally feel it's remotely efficient if you don't have any rested XP, and even with it it's still noticeably slower than other methods of leveling, but it is viable.

Quote Originally Posted by HG-Bounder-X View Post
    I've leveled a couple with only dungeons. It's about 4 dungeons per level with rested xp. I don't personally feel it's remotely efficient if you don't have any rested XP, and even with it it's still noticeably slower than other methods of leveling, but it is viable.
    All my alts have been gathering rested exp so that wont me an issue (for a while) and yeah, its not efficient in any way but i cant even do a single invasion quest without every single horde coming to kill me so gotta find another way

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    without every single horde coming to kill me so gotta find another way
    Find a friend on a pve realm to toss you an invite, so you can level in peace. I can volunteer if you don't have any bud's on a pve server. shoot me a message if you want to take me up on it.

I just finished leveling one toon from the phone app and logging in to run down to DMF every month. Obviously having gone to multiple DMF it wasn't quick. To be fair I also didn't start doing xp missions only until recently. Hitting 110 with a 731 item lvl was bit rough, remembering I had the boa trinket helped some but i was still in the weeds that first night.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

i wonder how long it would take 5 people if they spammed them, no queue times changes a lot

All my alts have been gathering rested exp so that wont me an issue (for a while) and yeah, its not efficient in any way but i cant even do a single invasion quest without every single horde coming to kill me so gotta find another way
    If you can fly, then fly to those quests areas and use LFG or WQGF or something like that and jump realms, take off once you finish, rinse repeat until you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If you can fly, then fly to those quests areas and use LFG or WQGF or something like that and jump realms, take off once you finish, rinse repeat until you are done.
    This is why my mom wanted an abortion <.< im a god damn idiot and forgot about that, thanks

This is why my mom wanted an abortion <.< im a god damn idiot and forgot about that, thanks
    Add Moriat#11566 Ima carry you on my balance druid twink.

Fuck that, you get negligible xp even speedrunning dungeons with friends this xpac...you're much better off doing invasions if you're not in a huge hurry to cap.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's faster to Quest/do Invasions.

Deleted
    I did it on my mist-weaver monk.

I'd say give it a whirl, especially if you are leveling a healer.

Hitting 110 with a 731 item lvl was bit rough, remembering I had the boa trinket helped some but i was still in the weeds that first night.
    This is true. I was ~715 on a couple toons after leveling with invasions, and that questline opening up the broken shore was pretty rough. For most of it you can rely on the nps to do most of the work, but once you get on the ship it's kind of brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    This is what my friend did for me on for my warrior and now demon hunter. Pretty damn fast!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    This is true. I was ~715 on a couple toons after leveling with invasions, and that questline opening up the broken shore was pretty rough. For most of it you can rely on the nps to do most of the work, but once you get on the ship it's kind of brutal.
    The first few WQ were a bit nasty. Seeing how that toon hit 110 4 days ago and is now at 870 it really isn't too bad and that is without either world boss giving me any loot. The funniest part was having to buy 2 green relics for my wpn because it didn't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    101 with bunch of BoEs? Been thinking about doing that, got so much gold after that herb boom early legion.. Great fun? And is there any gold to be earned on a 101 twink?

OT: as many have said allready, leveling through dungeons can be a bit slow, and there are also the chance of getting retarded groups with 10k dps, and a tank that have a pause between each pull. If you can find a group to spam with it will go a lot faster.

Best tip, as also been mentioned, is to use a LFG tool to jump to another server and do the invasions there.

- - - Updated - - -

The first few WQ were a bit nasty. Seeing how that toon hit 110 4 days ago and is now at 870 it really isn't too bad and that is without either world boss giving me any loot. The funniest part was having to buy 2 green relics for my wpn because it didn't have any.
    If you can join a Nethershard farm group (with either guild mates or lucky enough to get into a pug group), gearing up is so insanely fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Yeah, agreed. I didn't even bother trying to solo WQ's on the broken isles prior to putting together a set of 850 gear, I just found groups for them to save myself the hassle. On my ally ret pally the AH didn't even have a 780 holy relic up tho, so I'm still running with an empty slot!

tried it with a tank it's insanely slow to level with dungeon in legion, you get ton of fucking Eye of Azshara, long long long dungeon with negligible xp. Better do quest and mix in invasions.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

i just leveled one character 100-110 through invasions alone and have a second one at 108. i'll probably get the rest of my classes ready to go for 7.2.5 when heirlooms are increased to speed it up even more

Quote Originally Posted by HG-Bounder-X View Post
    Yes, agree, it's about four to five dungeons per level.

And the worst about leveling through dungeons is that it is extremely tedious and greatly depend on the skill level (all are pretty much equally equipped) of the players involved. As you very hardly will get overgeared people in normal dungeons (practically only when they want to help a friend) the fights can indeed take a felt eternity, which in comparison makes look trash to die like flies in a m+15 fortified.

I leveled as a tank, and even in instances like EoA where you have rather small trash groups I dominated the dps meter by a far margin even for bosses. And in 3 out of the 10 instances I did before switching back to questing I had a disc priest as healer who literally had no idea how to heal, leaving the dps in the group at about 50% life for a great part of the instance with many, many pointless deaths.