Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Gundrak for timewalking speed strats

So, today i was in the middle of a timewalking gundrak and got kicked at the third boss with no explination, the only reason i can think is maybe because they didnt understand english and when i told them "follow me for speed strats" they didnt follow or even respond.
    spent 15 minutes queing, spent 10 minutes in the dungeon, and now locked out for another 15 minutes...

So here i am going to show you two maps, the map the game wants you to take (the one they took)
    and the map you taker if you wanna go as fast as possible through the map. this path will allow you to beat the place in probebly the fastest of all the icc dungeons.

so this is sort of a guide for people who come across the dungeon and wanna do it quick.

this is the path the dungeon was made for you to take, and the one the group i was in was taking (not including bonus boss because not needed)
    however if you wish to get the dungeon done asap i reccomend this path (As you arej umping, dismiss pets just incase)
    taking this second path there will be little fish that will attack you, so if your weak the healer will need to pop some hots on the first person to jump. but other then that you dont need to kill them, you can just ignore them and they will drop aggro afrter abit

taking this path you jump down off the first boss area and quickly swim to where the second boss is, then after him jump down into the water in the elevated area, allowing you to skip the mobs in area Black, and area Dark Red. Most groups know how to skip area Dark Red. But not many groups know you can skip area Black.

---1/4 me complaining about getting kicked for doing the shortcut and even telling them to follow me for shortcut, but they ignored me, and then i sat at the 2nd boss waiting for them, 3/4 teaching people how to shorten their time spent in this dungeon :3---

- - - Updated - - -

Complete gundrak in 5 minutes using that strat, anyone else have better times :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    You are probably one of the most annoying ppl to ever exist on this forum.. wow.
    7.4k posts in a year.. don't you go to school or have work?

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-05-01 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    I'm glad you got kicked. Maybe one day you'll understand it's not the you-show and no one apart from people like you give a shit about min-maxing a TW dungeon.

But hey, you feel it's a better usage of your time to "spent 15 minutes queing, spent 10 minutes in the dungeon, and now locked out for another 15 minutes...", instead of taking a few extra minutes to complete the dungeon without getting kicked?

There's something seriously wrong with you.
    Last edited by mmoc89e4f4f7a6; 2017-05-01 at 05:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayzza View Post
    You are probably one of the most annoying ppl to ever exist on this forum.. wow.
    7.4k posts in a year.. don't you go to school or have work?
    ok? cool? Felt the need to come here to insult for me what reason >_>? that is abit rude
    1 year 6 months, i know people who will make that many tweets in a month
    yes i do have school and work, but ever heard of a thing called free time :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    I'm glad you got kicked. Maybe one day you'll understand it's not the you-show and no one apart from people like you give a shit about min-maxing a TW dungeon.

But hey, you feel it's a better usage of your time to "spent 10 minutes in the dungeon, and now locked out for another 15 minutes", instead of taking a few extra minutes to complete the dungeon without getting kicked?

There's something seriously wrong with you.
    well i mean if your able to get a dungeon done 4 ish minutes faster isnt that idk "good"? its not like it is a few seconds of saved time with a super risky manuveur that could risk all the time and make it take longer...

but who doesent like cutting a runs time in near half
    so what path above do you take, do you clear the WHOLE dungeon like inteded? or do you skip the red area? cause as you just said that would mean there is something seriously wrong with you aswell
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-05-01 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't include Eck in that. Let me ask - Why the fuck are you doing timewalkings again?

Weekly? Go do a Mythic+ - You'll get significantly better gear then you could ever get from that box, FAR more AP, ect.

For everything else? When ppl don't include Amanitar/Eck, I really just want to ask "Do you just raid Gul'dan each week?

Its an extra 2 minutes, tops. What are you going to do with that 2 minutes, spout shit in trade chat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You don't include Eck in that. Let me ask - Why the fuck are you doing timewalkings again?

Weekly? Go do a Mythic+ - You'll get significantly better gear then you could ever get from that box, FAR more AP, ect.

For everything else? When ppl don't include Amanitar/Eck, I really just want to ask "Do you just raid Gul'dan each week?

Its an extra 2 minutes, tops. What are you going to do with that 2 minutes, spout shit in trade chat?
    i do the timewalking fror the cache for chance at teir/trinkets
    extra weekly bonus roll and abit of AP
    what does not doing a bonus boss have to do with just raiding guldan each week?
    and that 2 minutes adds up, if you get gundrak 5 times in a row, thats 10 minutes, and again its still time "why do people try to do M+ faster gaaawd, by do epople skip trash in raids gaaawd"

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Rarely anyone bothers with Eck to begin with.
    What's the point of Eck? I mean, you can get the same ilvl of gear from the Broken Shore without hoping for the chance of a specific slot to drop.

Unless you're REALLY hoping for the mount.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure I can pull those three or so packs faster than it'd take for me to convince pugs to take *my* route.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I'm pretty sure I can pull those three or so packs faster than it'd take for me to convince pugs to take *my* route.
    yeah i know : / its kinda sad
    if everyone was on the same level it would be much faster but to convince them to come along can take too long
    thats why im trying to spread the word :3

Deleted
    Its timewalking, who cares

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Its timewalking, who cares
    people who wanna get in and out of timewalking asap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    people who wanna get in and out of timewalking asap
    Then go in as a premade, problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i know : / its kinda sad
    if everyone was on the same level it would be much faster but to convince them to come along can take too long
    thats why im trying to spread the word :3
    Yeah but if that really was the best route, it would have been picked up back then, too.
    I'm thinking the fishies ruined it back then, and the impression has lasted.

But come on man, open your eyes. These're queued pugs you're dealing with. In a pug, smooth > fast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but if that really was the best route, it would have been picked up back then, too.

But come on man, open your eyes. These're queued pugs you're dealing with. In a pug, smooth > fast.
    the reason people didnt pick it up back then is because it was such a long path and with so many fish would be pulled it woud usually kill the tank
    but now the fish do less damage so
    but if you actually go in and look, it is smaller in both path, and mobs

10+ Year Old Account

Pretty much this. I can easily pull those extra 2-3 pulls and kill them in roughly the same time as it takes to explain the fast way and debate its merits with random pugs, who tend to gravitate towards what's comfortable over what's slightly faster. (If you use defensives correctly you can kill the packs in the black area in one, maybe two pulls depending on class, which almost makes up the time spent swimming vs walking, especially if you factor in getting dazed by fish or having to resurrect someone if they die).

In short, I'd use it to shave a minute or two off in a premade, but in a pug, it's just not worth the hassle.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    the reason people didnt pick it up back then is because it was such a long path and with so many fish would be pulled it woud usually kill the tank
    People're too busy clearing it too quickly to notice =).

The fish also die in like, two hits (An Avenger's Shield brings them to like, 20% hp from full).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The fish also die in like, two hits (An Avenger's Shield brings them to like, 20% hp from full).
    what he said^^^
    back in the day the fish could actually hurt abit, now they are not so much of an issue

but again all the people saying "its stupid cause you have to explain it" thats a stupid excuse...

"hey i know this way would save everyone time but explaining it takes abit of time so eh... i dont wanna" just say "follow me" and take the path, they will either follow or not, if they dont they will find you there far before they are and will go "oh wow i gotta make sure to do that next time" just like the more well known skip on the left side, it isnt intentional, it was spread over and over

hell this group that kicked me the tank and 1 dps didnt wanna skip on that second part they wanted to go around and fight all the trolls

Cool shortcut, I've never seen that before. Thanks for the tip.

Some of the other people responding in this thread, jesus, there are a lot of miserable a-holes on this forum.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

I always do the dark red skip but the black skip is like trying to go around Cenarius's trash in LFR ... its just as quick to just kill the trash because it takes forever to explain it and it usually goes bad anyways.

Although its great you want a speed run not everyone is there to rush rush rush the dungeon. There are 4 other people in your run and they may want the gear or another chance at the timewalking mount all of which can come from Eck. Just because "you" want a get out asap doesn't mean they do. I for one always do Eck.