Late to the Mythic Party, but I have a question

So my guild and another guild are working together to clear what we can before ToS releases.

We've already downed the 3 easiest bosses(Skorpyron, Chronomatic, Trilliax) and are deciding on if Krosus or Spellblade would be easier.

I know that often times when there is a nerf, sometimes an unforgiving boss can become a bit of a joke in comparison to before, but what path would be recommended after Trilliax given there being a nerf? We tried both bosses the last 30 minutes just to see what we'd be up against this upcoming week and we seem to have had a very similar experience in terms of progress in the short time. With all that said, there are also Tich, Bot and Star to consider, and as I stated with the nerf, I"m not sure if either of them become considerably easier since then.

Krosus is the least mechanic demanding as long as people remember to dodge the beam while killing/soaking the second set of adds. If you have 4 good ranged/healers that can do Mark of Frost correctly Aluriel is pretty easy as well. Botanist is not very complex and if you have a good guardian/brewmaster tank that can use CDs correctly so that you don't need to tank swap (or do 1 tank swap at the very end of the fight), it makes the fight very easy, and if you have a guardian/brewmaster (lol) and 1-2 rogues to easily offset Tichondrius' Seeker Swarm, Tichondrius is fairly easy as well.

It really depends on what the strength of your raid is, all 4 of those are pretty similar in difficulty.

Don't touch Augur until you kill the other 4. The jump in difficulty is very noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Krosus is the least mechanic demanding as long as people remember to dodge the beam while killing/soaking the second set of adds. If you have 4 good ranged/healers that can do Mark of Frost correctly Aluriel is pretty easy as well. Botanist is not very complex and if you have a good guardian/brewmaster tank that can use CDs correctly so that you don't need to tank swap (or do 1 tank swap at the very end of the fight), it makes the fight very easy, and if you have a guardian/brewmaster (lol) and 1-2 rogues to easily offset Tichondrius' Seeker Swarm, Tichondrius is fairly easy as well.

It really depends on what the strength of your raid is, all 4 of those are pretty similar in difficulty.

Don't touch Augur until you kill the other 4. The jump in difficulty is very noticeable.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. So pretty much any boss available minus Star will be more dependent on our make up more than anything? As far as mechanics go, I wouldn't say we're having trouble working mechanics or having trouble keeping DPS on pace, it's more that we don't want to beat our heads against a wall on a boss that will be too much to handle that early, much like Star. Thanks again and we'll go over this on Thursday night when we meet up.

Krosus is quite easy now when everyone has new golden trait + extra traits. The others Tich/Spellblade/Bota requires a bit more awareness/coordination, but are easy aswell.

We were recently at the same progress you were. We found Krosus as the easier option. There's a few unforgiving crossovers in which your healers will need to bust their butts off to keep everyone alive but provided you follow the few basic mechanics it's a much kinder option than any of the others.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Krosus (The DPS check is very minor now after the inclusion of new traits etc pushing DPS much higher)
    Spellblade (Easy fight, you'll have fast wipes early on but once you get past the arcane phase the fight is just repeated and dies before you reach another)
    Tich &/or Bot (Both are about the same, Botanist is probably a little bit harder than Tich these days as it's a bit more mechanically involved).
    After these then go
    Star Augur who after our buffs and his heavy nerfs is a shell of his former self in the difficulty scale, DPS / Phase transitions happen know prior to any of the big combos and the last phase is over very very quickly so this fight is a relatively quick kill.

I'd say Krosus is the best bet as the mechanics are the simplest, it used to be "did you farm up your artifact?" check but with new AK levels and the new 36th trait = old 54 everyone and their dog has the required traits (hell all my alts have the new golden I reckon just from doing caches) so the dps check is way way way easier to pass.

The mechanics are pretty much the same as hc just more often and stuff hits harder so you actually have to pay attention to stuff like kill adds asap and not get hit by beam etc. but if you know how each spell works on hc you know pretty much everything, there's just more of it.

Botanist is also easier with the current higher dps the thing is first 2 phases already didn't have much stuff to it except some extra flowers and spores and stuff as long as people know how to not stand in solar collapse, but the last phase requires people to have proper positioning, it's very simple with and very messy without, if someone stands on top of tank or runs wrongly with call of the night in the last phase it's a mess.

Spellblade is very very lenient on dps requirements atm but it's a check "does your ranged, healers and tanks know how to play tetris", you can outline perfect spots for everyone and then the extra add can fuckup something, like spin in the spot you were supposed to put frost mark or jump in fire phase to someone who is miles away and cause it to enrage the boss, or if people don't stack properly in arcane phase they'll die from orbs or fel lash, so generally if everyone knows where to stand in each phase it's fairly easy, if it's "just wing it" it might be a complete mess.

I'd rate Tichondrius above the other 3, because you need to handle the soaking, the bloods, the brands, the bat debuff so you need to have solid plan.

Star augur atm isn't hard per say, it's just unforgiving because 1 collision of signs still wipes you (the debuff ensures you will die from every other spell like fel nova etc.), and unforgiving bosses like this always take longer to kill than bosses where you can just ignore the fact 3 people died and continue on. That's why I rate Krosus as easiest among them, 1 person fucking up won't matter unless it's the person with the orb dropping it on the raid or tank not soaking the slam, everything else you can recover from.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-05-09 at 12:24 AM.