View Poll Results: How much legendary should we be able to equip ?

Voters
369. This poll is closed
  • Still 2

157 42.55%

132 35.77%

17 4.61%
  • All

63 17.07%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't think removal, but increase by 1, maybe through a questline.
    Please not more mandatory questlines. It's bad enough that we have to upgrade every single one of our legendaries again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    I think the whole double AP from missions (class hall upgrade) is just a placeholder for 3rd legendary. It's too boring of an ability to be the permanent final upgrade. We will probably get 3 in 7.3.
    A placeholder on live? Blizzard is fucking terrible at making use of PTR/beta, but even they're hopefully not that braindead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    you can hunt for specific leggos......nethershards vendor....
    Nethershards are barely "targetting" legendaries. It's still pure RNG if you actually get a legendary from the tokens or if you get it from the rare mob you kill afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Lol,

I have 2 of them on my 2 characters, But I haven't unlocked the ability to wear the second on either. So I vote for none
    Might I recommend playing the game? I've heard that's required in order to get legendaries.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

i'm going to wager the VAST majority of the player base doesn't have BIS legendaries.. so no there is no reason to add a 3rd slot. I suspect 7.3 will allow 3 but no sooner.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Please not more mandatory questlines. It's bad enough that we have to upgrade every single one of our legendaries again.
    I hope for more, content is meant to keep you engaged, not a gift store. I mean, people complain about not enough quests at the Broken Shore, so why not?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

So you want people to be dressed in full orange?

I hope for more, content is meant to keep you engaged, not a gift store. I mean, people complain about not enough quests at the Broken Shore, so why not?
    More quests, sure. More quests that are mandatory and have to be done on every single character? Fuck no, Legion has too much of that already. It's not "engaging" to do the Broken Shore intro scenario multiple times or all the super diverse artifact quests/empowerment quests.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    Now that most people have all the bis on their main , is it time to up the 2 legendary max restriction to 3 or 4 or removing it completly ?
    Yeah remove it completely. That will work out.

"LF3M only people with all legendaries"

How about they make it zero legendaries? That'd be the best option.

Need to have the option for 0. I have my BiS up to 5 even, and imo this xpac would be MUCH better for everyone, myself included, with 0. Terrible legendary system in every way, and super terrible for players coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 would be a cluster fuck for balance I imagine. Maybe... a third one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Legendaries are already a pain in the ass to balance as they are (with said limit)... having everyone being able to equip 3 or 4... or even all of them would be absolutely asinine.

You'd even use off-spec ones for slots where your spec doesn't have one just for stat value...

As already chimed in above, i'd rather they scrap legendary items alltogether.

Why no 0 or 1 options on the poll? Biased much, 'eh?
    That's not bias. If you can't comprehend how Blizzard won't put a limit of 1 or scrap an entire system altogether I'm not going to explain it to you.

Now that most people have all the bis on their main , is it time to up the 2 legendary max restriction to 3 or 4 or removing it completly ?
    The number of legendaries a single character can equip is 1 (that is the "soft" cap.) We can equip 2 legendaries after researching our sixth Order Hall perk. Let's say you're a holy paladin with Prydaz and Aggramar's Stride, versus your friend, also a holy paladin, has Ilterendi and Chain of Thrayn. Both of the legendaries that your friend has are way better than what you have (utility versus BiS).

Now, let's say you get lucky and snatch a third legendary, but oops, it's just Tyr's Hand of Faith. Your friend, much like you, loots a third legendary in mythic Nighthold from Botanist, and it's Velen's Future Sight.

If they increased the legendary cap to 3. You have 3 utility legendaries, versus your friend's 3 BiS legendaries. The performance gap between you and your friend would increase, decreasing the likelihood that you'll maintain a place in the guild's raid roster (assuming the two of you are in the same guild.) Arguably, however, it still means you underperform in comparison. Blizzard isn't about to make that change.

Thus, I voted to keep the cap at 2. I don't see a need to increase the cap.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me personally 3 would be awesome 7.2.5 until next expansion, then lift the cap.

This may be something to introduce in a later tier/patch, or towards the end of the expansion, but right now the game doesn't support such a change. Legendary drop-rates would have to increase more significantly still, so that those with just a couple who have been neglecting Legendary opportunities don't feel left behind or even benched because they've been spending their time doing other things. Legendary items would also have to be re-balanced to accommodate the new state of equipping more of them at the same time.

They should just remove them all, and make the legendaries special again where very few lucky and hardcore playing people have them.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tomb will be balanced around 2 legendaries, so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    More quests, sure. More quests that are mandatory and have to be done on every single character? Fuck no, Legion has too much of that already. It's not "engaging" to do the Broken Shore intro scenario multiple times or all the super diverse artifact quests/empowerment quests.
    I wasn't talking about multiple times, I was thinking one semi-long questline that is BoA.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I wasn't talking about multiple times, I was thinking one semi-long questline that is BoA.
    I'd be okay with that, Blizzard just doesn't seem to be particularly fond of account bound stuff like that(Kara and Arc/CoS unlocks are the only exceptions I can think of this expansion)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I agree with that. But i dont think the balancing questions should apply as it can be fixed "easily".
    Not really. If you balance tier sets, trinkets, weapons and a 3rd or more legendary around each other people with out all that get shit on. Blizzard has always struggled with balancing, making them juggle more things and tossing a chain saw in the mix isn't going to improve that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    That's not bias. If you can't comprehend how Blizzard won't put a limit of 1 or scrap an entire system altogether I'm not going to explain it to you.
    The topic is "Poll: How much legendary should we be able to equip ?", not how viable (if at all) it is to scrap the system. Hence, 0 and 1 should be options.

But thanks for playing.

The problem with certain BIS legendary's is it causes problems with maintaining 4pc. For Fury warriors our BIS are Helm/Cloak. You are forced to wear the Chestpiece to maintain 4pc which has the WORST Stats.