10+ Year Old Account

Soulgorge - Thoughts?

Hey all. While lvling another DK alt, I decided to finally try out Soulgorge. I can say that it definetly changes things up again - While in ST, it basically just replaces 1 Heart Strike every 20ish seconds for +14% more rune generation (Which makes the rotation feel overall more smooth), in AoE, its a completely different game - Often dropping Heart Strike out of the rotation, and alt-tabbing like made while attempting to maintain bone shield stacks. However, its worth it when you get 105% rune generation. Of course, this does lead to excessive resource wasting, but its still pretty fun.

While it does have the weakness of being inefficient with many targets, especially targets that won't live for a minute, I can say that it may be considerably useful for various council fights - It feels like it would be solid on fights like Botanist, and the upcoming Fallen Priestesses fight in ToS, given that you can have ~40% consistent rune generation in exchange for having to sacrifice a few heart strikes. It begins to feel like old Blood, where you were essentially swimming in resources without an empty global once you got gear.

For anyone else who has tried out Soulgorge, what was your thoughts? Personally, I think that it would become far smoother if DnD caused DC to apply blood plague to 3-5 targets when you picked this talent, although that might perhaps make it TOO good. Or perhaps make it just outright affect haste, allowing for a 1 second GCD to more easily apply your increased runes. Perhaps greatly increase the damage of Soulgorge, add an extensive RP cost, and make it heal for total damage dealt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Soulgorge has been removed from the game in one of the latest PTR Builds. We now get a new Talent called 'Heart of Ice'.

Heart of Ice: Death Strike extends the duration of Icebound Fortitude by 2 sec.

to sum it up, never use the 2nd talent of that tier. rapid Decomp all the way.

Search the main thread on Blood Tanking. We've rehashed this over and over.

And yes, Soulgorge is gone on the PTR. "Enjoy" it while you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Guess I need to start paying attention. Ah well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.