Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    haha.. This thread being up at the same time as that Macron thread. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Before we get to far into "she's getting a lighter sentence because she's a woman"...does anyone have cases where a man in the same state charged with a similar crime got hit with a much heavier sentence?
    http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC...NEWS/150919741

2.5 years jail time and an additional 22 years probation compared to this woman's 11 months and no probation (From what I saw?) I couldn't find one of a mentally ill female victim in Penn from a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC...NEWS/150919741

2.5 years jail time and an additional 22 years probation compared to this woman's 11 months and no probation (From what I saw?) I couldn't find one of a mentally ill female victim in Penn from a teacher.
    a) That's Delaware...not Pensylvania.
    b) Her sentence is 11.5-23 months...his is 1-2 years...so not really much difference there
    c) he seems to have been charged with more crimes
    d) the extensive probation seems to be against this man in specific and not indicative of normal practice:

The judge said the lengthy probation was in part because he did not trust that Barber had fully committed to his rehabilitation and warned that a violation could result in a 20-year sentence.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-05-11 at 10:33 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

If that was in japan no one would give a fuck, saying he got lucky like some hentai dude.

But in all fairness teachers should have sex with their students because besides the nasty obvious stuff. It ruins the whole school dynamic and marks one for some serious outside the law ostracization.

That's a mockery. She should be locked up for good, not for less than two years, and then probably released after a year on the grounds of "good behaviour". What a bad joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    If that was in japan no one would give a fuck, saying he got lucky like some hentai dude.
    Really ?

a) That's Delaware...not Pensylvania.
    b) Her sentence is 11.5-23 months...his is 1-2 years...so not really much difference there
    c) he seems to have been charged with more crimes
    d) the extensive probation seems to be against this man in specific and not indicative of normal practice:
    ..... Delaware county IN Penn state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If it was my child she raped, yes, I'd hit her with a basebal bat.
    And that's what you internet strongmen simpletons never get..
    Rape - Statutory rape.
    BIG difference. Very big difference.

One is an outright heinous, almost always even violent act. The other just a legal term/technicality.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

..... Delaware county IN Penn state.
    Oh, well then... my bad...I saw Delaware and assumed the state.

So... The male and female teachers received almost identical prison sentences for similar charges in the same state. His extra probabation was done at the judges discretion and doesn't seem to be the usual case. Doesn't really add much to the case that female offenders get significantly less time than males do.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

She had sexual relations with a special needs child while on heroin. So yes, it's outright heinous. Maybe check the case.
    I think his point was that it wasn't violent rape.

Oh, well then... my bad...I saw Delaware and assumed the state.

So... The male and female teachers received almost identical prison sentences for similar charges in the same state. His extra probabation was done at the judges discretion and doesn't seem to be the usual case. Doesn't really add much to the case that female offenders get significantly less time than males do.
    It is the only case with a male teacher and female student that I can find the sentence for. I can't really say what the norm is for the crime, her victim was mentally challenged and she got a possibility and will likely only spend 11.5 months where as he has a solid 2.5. Assume she spends the full 23 months that is still 7 months shorter. That is still a 24% longer sentence.

And my point was that me saying that I would be violent if I had a special needs child and a teacher took advantage of it while on drugs is not the same with me saying I'd be violent cause my hypothetical 17 year old son who has no special needs decided to have sex with his hot young teacher. Is it even simply statutory rape when the child in question has special needs? If yes, then that is a failure of the law; there should be further protection because this is not about someone who cannot consent because of statutory limitations but rather about someone who cannot consent at all.
    a) your hypothetical 17 year old son would not be the victim of statutory rape in that scenario

b) I'm not an expert but typically consent laws cover anyone that cannot consent for any reason at all.

c) "Special Needs" can mean a lot of things. The article does not mention what the boy's specific issues are. Without knowing that we can't know he is someone that will never have the mental capability to consent at all.

In Philadelphia, special education students include children with autism, blindness, emotional problems, and learning disabilities.
    - - - Updated - - -

It is the only case with a male teacher and female student that I can find the sentence for. I can't really say what the norm is for the crime, her victim was mentally challenged and she got a possibility and will likely only spend 11.5 months where as he has a solid 2.5. Assume she spends the full 23 months that is still 7 months shorter. That is still a 24% longer sentence.
    He didn't get a 2.5 year sentence...the prosecutor asked for a 2.5 year sentence. What he got was a 1-2 year sentence. She got 11.5 months - 23 months. Their sentences are nearly identical.

A former Garnet Valley School District teacher who admitted to sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl was sentenced Wednesday to one year less a day to two years less a day at the county prison in Concord.
    Galantino also pointed to messages police discovered in which Barber appears to be grooming another young girl for the same situation. He asked the judge for a state sentence of 2½ years.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-05-11 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    Why is a 14-year old in Elementary School?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Why is a 14-year old in Elementary School?
    Read the entire article and see if you still can't figure it out.

Deleted
    Read the entire article and see if you still can't figure it out.
    Okay I did, what now?

Okay I did, what now?
    The key words are "Special Needs"

And things like this help me easily say #TeamRayRice
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    The key words are "Special Needs"
    Okay, and? Is it customary to hold "special needs" students back in grades?

Because over here they are treated like normal people.

Okay, and? Is it customary to hold "special needs" students back in grades?
    It's customary to hold back anyone that doesn't pass the material. Also, some special needs students enter school at a later age. And some are not diagnosed as having special needs until after they've already been held back.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-05-11 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    I don't get people, why not just use a dildo if you want to get off?