Deleted

Frost DK opener (before BoS)

How do you guys open before getting BoS+PoF up ?

Prolonged Power + HB + RW as you run in, then Obliterate x 2. Soon after BoS/PoF/racial. I don't like to delay my HRW too much after BoS starts because I have Convergence and I want the timers to line up as much as possible.
    Last edited by Kluian05; 2017-05-12 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Prolonged Power + HB + RW as you run in, then Obliterate x 2. Soon after BoS/PoF/racial. I don't like to delay my HRW too much after BoS starts because I have Convergence and I want the timers to line up as much as possible.
    You should hold off on the hb too see if you get a rime proc. No need to waste the gcd on a weak hb just for the dot.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGrazer View Post
    You should hold off on the hb too see if you get a rime proc. No need to waste the gcd on a weak hb just for the dot.
    Doesn't matter, it's just an opener, and could be worse if you don't have 4 set (yes there are still a lot of people not running with 4 pieces, get over it). Personally, I don't use RW, I prefer to save it for when I'm about to use breath or after it. I have a hard time keeping RW up for 2 cycles (I even have Koltira's waist).

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's just an opener, and could be worse if you don't have 4 set (yes there are still a lot of people not running with 4 pieces, get over it). Personally, I don't use RW, I prefer to save it for when I'm about to use breath or after it. I have a hard time keeping RW up for 2 cycles (I even have Koltira's waist).
    It's wasteful. But sure. I guess.

How do you feel about "riding" Bloodlust regen to postpone HRW as much as possible? Meaning using BL to keep up Breath without HRW as much as possible, usually I can do that for 20-30 seconds (sometimes whole BL) with some lucky belt procs. With Convergence and ring I have HRW charge for second Breath up, maybe I am losing double HRW later on in the fight.

Deleted
    Agreed with UnholyGrazer and snakeclone. RW -> Oblit (Rime) -> Oblit (Rime) + praying to the RNG God. There is nothing worse than 1 Rune + 50 RP if nothing procs at the beginning ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Hunaxor View Post
    How do you feel about "riding" Bloodlust regen to postpone HRW as much as possible? Meaning using BL to keep up Breath without HRW as much as possible, usually I can do that for 20-30 seconds (sometimes whole BL) with some lucky belt procs. With Convergence and ring I have HRW charge for second Breath up, maybe I am losing double HRW later on in the fight.
    Im doing this most of the time because this will help me getting a second PoF into the Breath.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGrazer View Post
    It's wasteful. But sure. I guess.
    Indeed it's wasteful. I'm not saying I'm doing it, I also wait for rimes procs because I like having 1 more rune for other purposes. I'm just saying I don't want people following the "perfect" opener like it's some kind of bible. A lot of things can happen and it's best that they experience it themselves.
    In this case, casting HB in the beginning instead of a rime proc is meaningless in a raid environment. You're losing like 0,001% of your total DPS. I can perfectly see some ppl that want a "clean" rune regeneration instead of having a clumsy one and casting spells on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeclone View Post
    You want to use RW off the bat cause you can get lucky procs that extend the first RW, especially during lust when runes regen faster.
    You're probably right, I haven't played a lot around Lust because I'm not a hardcore raider. Can you keep the 10 stack of RW for a 2nd cycle before casting BoS ? Because I can't. So I'd rather be safe than sorry and wait for BoS before casting it.

Yeah, I didn't bother checking the damage before. I used to store my runes before casting RW outside of BoS and waste some rimes procs in favor of obliterate in order to get a 2nd cycle with 10 stack right off the bat. Turn out it wasn't worth the hassle. Oh well.
    It makes this spec a lot easier to play I guess.
    Thanks for the tips. :beer:

I always RW and double oblit. Chance of getting at least one Rime proc off 2 oblits is 84%. I'll take it. I'd rather not munch a GCD for a 16% chance that I don't get at least 1 Rime. Also not including ME or belt procs either, which gives you the runes back to HB before going into BoS, so the number of never lucky pulls (no belt, rime, or ME procs on opener) is actually even lower than 16%.

I've started opening HB on run in-Oblit-Oblit, wait for regen, RW-Breath-Oblit/HBspam. It's given me a couple of instances of 70+s RW time (with Seal) which is frankly disgustingly powerful. On Prog where I know we're rarely getting Lust at the start I'll run HB-RW-Oblitx2, then start breath but you lose the chance to chain that RW forward because of the 4-5s waiting for runes.

Make sure that Unholy Strength is up, that's a lot of increase DPS while BoS is active

correct way is

1) Pre-pot
    2) Remorseless Winter
    3) Obliterate (check for rime)
    4) Obliterate (check for rime)
    5) Pillar + BoS (if you received a rime)

If you dont get a rime

1) Pre-pot
    2) Remorseless Winter
    3) Obliterate (Check for rime) (no rime)
    4) Obliterate (Check for rime) (no rime)
    5) Howling blast
    6) Pillar + BoS

Rime is much more important than extending Remorseless winter on average 1 rime proc is equivalent to 8.5 RW ticks single target (without helm)
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2017-05-20 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    tbh it really doesnt matter at all what you do on pull just get to x runic power and press pillar and breath. then hope to god you get procs beofre you are forced to press HRW

Could've sworn I saw someone in the DK discord say to get to 70ish RP and 4 runes up before popping BoS....So I've been doing that...looks like im doing it wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Could've sworn I saw someone in the DK discord say to get to 70ish RP and 4 runes up before popping BoS....So I've been doing that...looks like im doing it wrong...
    Well that lets you extend your breath longer. Usually I don't go to that full extent because I don't want to delay my HRW too much longer after casting BoS, so the timers line up close together (when using CoF). Otherwise next time BoS is up you're gonna end up waiting 30+ seconds for HRW. Depending on fight length delaying your breath won't matter though.

prepot
    obliterate 3x -> use rime if it procs
    keep rime it procs on your 3rd obliterate
    pop breath + pof
    (use that saved rime now)
    (at this point you should have 3 rune coming back up)
    remorless winter
    obliterate spam/rime until you think breath is gonna fall off , then HRW.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2017-05-21 at 06:35 PM.