Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi
    have you ever visited Dalian?
    I haven't made it up there directly, but one of my daughters gave me a ton of pictures from her trip so I have a bit of a feel for the place. I've also had a number of students from Dalian, so I've sampled quite a few of the local specialties. From what I've seen -- decent food and scenery. If you get a chance, go see it. The only reason that I haven't made it up there is that I'm fairly comfortable around the northeast of China, so trips to the west or south have been more of a priority.

My next big adventure is set to be Hunan. Fiancee 2.1 is from the Dongting Lake area and we plan to go there this summer to register our marriage.

To tie things back to the thread, I find that I get a pretty positive response from the local community. I've been in the same place long enough that I'm an accepted feature.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Foreigner IS THE BEST BAND EVER
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    There's plenty of positive migrant threads, just look at all the ones about their ships that tried to deliver them illegally to their destination sinking.

Otherwise Scandinavian and Easter European people are often quite jolly and fun to be around.

Just stay away from the Gypsies and 'Travelers' wherever they're from.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-05-12 at 05:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    My next big adventure is set to be Hunan. Fiancee 2.1 is from the Dongting Lake area and we plan to go there this summer to register our marriage.
    Fiancee 2.1? What kind of an update did you do to 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of an update did you do to 2.0?
    Well, she dumped me back in 2012. In 2013 I upgraded to 3.0, but after various family issues caused us to miss wedding dates in 2014 (death in family), 2015 (death in family), 2016 (father got involved and became a problem), with the 2018 plans looking increasingly like vaporware (father wasn't on board and she was pinning her hopes on changing her registration to Beijing which is nearly impossible) I had to give up. That's when 2.0 resurfaced and put in a bid becoming 2.1 -- same firmware, but with a significant software upgrade. Read that to mean that she got her sisters to support her in getting her mother to agree, while also straightening out some rather unpleasant stress in her life (first time, her father had recently passed away and she was taking care of the whole family).
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2017-05-12 at 05:18 PM. Reason: markup
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Well, she dumped me back in 2012. In 2013 I upgraded to 3.0, but after various family issues caused us to miss wedding dates in 2014 (death in family), 2015 (death in family), 2016 (father got involved and became a problem), with the 2018 plans looking increasingly like vaporware (father wasn't on board and she was pinning her hopes on changing her registration to Beijing which is nearly impossible) I had to give up. That's when 2.0 resurfaced and put in a bid becoming 2.1 -- same firmware, but with a significant software upgrade. Read that to mean that she got her sisters to support her in getting her mother to agree, while also straightening out some rather unpleasant stress in her life (first time, her father had recently passed away and she was taking care of the whole family).
    Oh that sounds awfully lot like Star Citizen.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    North African couple opened up a Shawarma place down the street from office. Delicious.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no end in sight to crises in North Africa and the Mid East. Europeans are going to need much more foreigner positivity programming!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    North African couple opened up a Shawarma place down the street from office. Delicious.
    Nice, Canada is good at screening.

Deleted
    Currently, the only "foreigner" I'm interacting with is a peer from the Faroe Islands at University and a man with middle eastern origins. The guy from Faroe Islands is basically the same as any other dane. The middle eastern man runs my preferred fastfood joint in town. The best when it comes to prices and quality, and especially delivery time and service. He and his deliverers also speaks the native language fluently. I interact with them once a month or so when I feel like a pig and it is always a joy.

Though I also have a lot of bad experiences, especially from when I lived in a ghetto of primarily middle eastern refugees, though that would be derailing the thread.

They're pretty nice! The other day this little kid was teaching me how to blow up infidels with efficiency, so cute!

- - - Updated - - -

There are other positive things, like if your mother-in-law is single or widow, YOU CAN SELL HER!

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-05-12 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that sounds awfully lot like Star Citizen
    Had to look it up, but it does at that!

as a former foreigner this thread is racist as fuck. bunch of white people sitting around saying the good things they find about others lol. as if we are different. this is absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Foreigner is great. Always loved their music!

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    as a former foreigner this thread is racist as fuck. bunch of white people sitting around saying the good things they find about others lol. as if we are different. this is absurd.

Hush hush now, you don't get it. This isn't a thread about racism or positivity, it's a literal circle jerk.

I'm a foreigner, technically. Adoptee. Grew up with foreigners (refugees specifically) in my high school from Somalia and Bosnia. Pretty much the same as everybody.

Deleted
    I'm a legal citizen so not really a foreigner. But I have an immigrant background.
    For what is worth, never in my life have I seen my culture and religion abused so much as it is in this forum on a daily basis.
    Outside, in the offline world, people treat me well. With a few exceptions, yes, but I feel welcomed.
    We're love. We're peace. We like it here and hope to make the best of it. Thanks for the opportunity.

PS: it really feels weird that you want to discuss what you like about "foreigners". As individual people we're not much different. Discussing cultural pieces, instead of peoples, sounds more natural.
    Last edited by mmoc003aca7d8e; 2017-05-12 at 10:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    Hush hush now, you don't get it. This isn't a thread about racism or positivity, it's a literal circle jerk.
    Speaking of circle jerks, bukkake is a positive foreign invention.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    They offer cheap prostitution services.
    That's a plus, otherwise guys like you might never get laid :P

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    It's called virtue signalling dude. Some people actually need to type this shit out on a forum so as to give themselves a pedestal and to feel morally superior. If you honestly feel the need to create threads like this one your probably racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    That awesome episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force about a belt...