I've heard a lot saying there's so much to do in Legion, so much content to play through. And yet i feel so bored going through the content week after week, and i wonder why.
So i looked through some old content, comparing it to Legion, to compare all this content to previous expansions.
Disclaimer:
This is mainly from a PvE side of things, and not all that detailed since WoW is huge.
I'm only gonna compare dungeons and raids, and amount of bosses in those raids, from expansion to expansion. And note the time from the expansion launch, to the last PvE content patch released., and that is whats gonna quantify the "content" here.
Found all my info on wowwiki and ingame dungeon journal. Be gentle if something is wrong, i might have made mistakes too.

The Burning Crusade
January 2007 to march 2008
16 Dungeons.
9 raids with 49 bosses.
Released over 15 months.

Wrath of the Lich King
November 2008 to june 2010, february if u dont count the ruby sanctum containing 1 boss.
16 Dungeons.
9 Raids with 54 bosses.
Released over 20 months, or 15 if u dont count ruby sanctum.

Cataclysm
December 2010 to november 2011.
14 Dungeons.
6 Raids with 30 bosses.
Released over 12 months.

Mist of pandaria
September 2012 to september 2013.
9 Dungeons.
6 Raids with 34 bosses.
Released over 13 months

Warlords of Draenor
November 2014 to June 2015.
8 Dungeons.
4 Raids with 34 bosses.
Released over 8 months.

Legion
September 2016 to june 2017 (Im guessing ToS is gonna get released there)
TOMB OF SARGERAS INCLUDED
12 Dungeons.
4 Raids with 29 bosses.
Released over 10 months
YES YES Legion isnt done releasing content, im just looking at what i know here.

Overall though. Looking at raw content to be done, Legion isnt all that different than WoD and MoP. TBC had launched the same content Legion has in 5 months, compared to Legion 10 months. Same-ish with Wrath. Not to mention the fact that, while Legion releases content steadily, new content makes the old content almost redundant, because of gear inflation.

While i do get that Legion also introduced other features to be played through, like world quests, mythic+, etc. They're harder to compare, and ultimately seen through black and white glasses, are just repetition. You could also argue that fights and raids are more complex and balanced now, still doesnt change facts.

Also anyone that says that LFR/normal/heroic/mythic is content multiplied by 4 since different difficulties. I'll fucking beat you with a stick.

Either way, when i look at this. It makes sense why wow seems boring, atleast to myself. Because while we have an abundance of things to do, the overall content, from a PvE perspective, is rather lackluster, or atleast not so different from previous lackluster expansions.

BIASED opinion inc:
I know i could pvp instead of pve. But lets be real, Legion has 0 pvp content, because its so shit.

plz dont judge my english, im not a native speaker.